PDA

View Full Version : Are these Heisman Numbers

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 07:07 AM
I took a look at Dak's numbers through the first 4 games this season. Broke those down into a per game average and then multiplied it a 12 game regular season to see how he is projected to finish the season 33% of the way in. If these hold, does he get a NYC invite? I say yes.

Through 4 Games Yards TD's
Passing 964 11
Rushing 378 3
Receiving 24 1
Total 1366 15

Average / Game Yards TD's
Passing 241 2.75
Rushing 94.5 0.75
Receiving 6 0.25
Total 341.5 3.75

Season Projection Yards TD's
Passing 2892 33
Rushing 1134 9
Receiving 72 3
Total 4098 45

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 07:16 AM
if it's that, he'll need some more HE15MAN moments and big wins. Gonna need the wins regardless. Over 40 TDs would be strong, but voters remember the highlight reel now. He had two of those moments at LSU. Needs more.

Alldawg
09-23-2014, 07:20 AM
I agree. I think 10 wins would push him over the top. He needs to stay healthy and keep on putting up the same numbers.

msstate7
09-23-2014, 07:21 AM
It seems heismans in the sec come with beating bama or playing with them

Dawg496
09-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Two huge plays vs LSU but he'll need a similar performance against Bama to have any real shot. I still think its a done deal for Mariotta and not much anyone else can do.

WinningIsRelentless
09-23-2014, 07:36 AM
He needs to pad those stats on October 4 and 11 and that isn't that much of a stretch.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Two huge plays vs LSU but he'll need a similar performance against Bama to have any real shot. I still think its a done deal for Mariotta and not much anyone else can do.

Me too. It's a race for 2nd unless something changes drastically. The media hype train is full speed ahead and we all know how they influence these type things.

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 07:41 AM

you have to think politically. He plays on the late night coast. no one sees his highlights until Sunday, after the moment. That "big play feel" is lost. Also, the media is majority east coast. There is a bias. If he splits any votes with anyone else on the west coast, he's done... even if he is the best player in college football. it's sad, but it's the sad truth.

Intramural All-American
09-23-2014, 08:12 AM
you have to think politically. He plays on the late night coast. no one sees his highlights until Sunday, after the moment. That "big play feel" is lost. Also, the media is majority east coast. There is a bias. If he splits any votes with anyone else on the west coast, he's done... even if he is the best player in college football. it's sad, but it's the sad truth.

Like Toby Gerhart.

Johnson85
09-23-2014, 08:22 AM

I think we need to beat Bama and go at least 10-2 to have a chance, but more likely 11-1. He's going to have some high profile moments because of our schedule; I'm just not sure he's going to get the credit if they don't come during wins. The other thing that I think hurts him is that he is more of a power runner than Manziel and RGIII. I may be completely off base, but I think some of their highlights, especially Manziel's, just look like their level of difficulty is on a different level than Dak's.

Dak really should be looked at more like a RB. If he averages 100 yds per game rushing in the toughest division in the toughest conference in the country, that's incredible by itself. Throw in another 200 yds passing and I think it's Heisman worthy. The stats won't look as guady as what Manziel put up, but he's really doing it in a different way. It's the difference between a scat back mixing in a couple of big time plays with a bunch of no or short gain plays, but ending up with 150 yds rushing, versus a RB grinding out 5 yds at a time consistently to get to 125 yds. Both are good, but even if grinding out yds doesn't produce the same highlights and doesn't produce the same number of yds, there's a lot of value that doesn't show up in personal stats that comes from controlling the ball and also avoiding giving the defense bad field position.

Reason2succeed
09-23-2014, 08:23 AM
It's not really about stats for Dak. Of course he can't go and throw a bunch of INTs but it's more about winning. If we win the West he will win the Heisman regardless of numbers. Part of it will be because of the perceived weakness of Mississippi State against perennial powers like Bama, LSU, and Auburn.

Alldawg
09-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Tim Tebow does not approve of this reply.

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 08:27 AM
It's not really about stats for Dak. Of course he can't go and throw a bunch of INTs but it's more about winning. If we win the West he will win the Heisman regardless of numbers. Part of it will be because of the perceived weakness of Mississippi State against perennial powers like Bama, LSU, and Auburn.

I agree. the "holy shit Mississippi State is really good" shock will work in his favor.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Are these Heisman numbers?

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2fe7dec33a&view=fimg&th=148a2bc689131d4c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_i0fagott0&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9iN806cGiOPY9TsgB5UQv-dbTzI-U8dpQ0sT1trLZGWbUf_K4NopVCpIANbf5yXwvHmebxjFGgdZoe iF8H6CrqqwzNuU1K-7tTUB1MCnL73N067UHNPZ9_fbk&ats=1411479574730&rm=148a2bc689131d4c&zw&sz=w1345-h558

Ralph
09-23-2014, 09:13 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26635632/GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

RougeDawg
09-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Y'all are forgetting the young man they it Dak Prescott. He is everything anyither or father would want their child to grow up emulating. Successful yer humble. More about the team than himself. Been through adversity and can't put stronger. All those traits are what it takes to be successful on the field and in life. There's no way a guy with Dak's qualities gets overlooked if he puts up these numbers in the NFL Southeastern division.

Dak is the epitome of how the game and life should be played. He will gain momentum with more performances like last Saturday and Mariotta will be yesterday's news. Not to mention Wazzou making him look fairly pedestrian most of the night this past week.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Y'all are forgetting the young man they it Dak Prescott. He is everything anyither or father would want their child to grow up emulating. Successful yer humble. More about the team than himself. Been through adversity and can't put stronger. All those traits are what it takes to be successful on the field and in life. There's no way a guy with Dak's qualities gets overlooked if he puts up these numbers in the NFL Southeastern division.

Dak is the epitome of how the game and life should be played. He will gain momentum with more performances like last Saturday and Mariotta will be yesterday's news. Not to mention Wazzou making him look fairly pedestrian most of the night this past week.

You are giving these voters way too much credit. They love them some Cam Newton, Johnny Football, and Jameis Winston. Questionable character seems to be one of the needed traits to win it these days.

SheltonChoked
09-23-2014, 02:02 PM
It's blocked from work but look at the numbers posted by www.heismanpundit.com today.

He breaks down the numbers of the last 6 Heisman winning Quarterbacks through the first 5 games of the season. Then he lists the quarterbacks on pace for that this year.

Chinchilla
09-23-2014, 03:21 PM
You are giving these voters way too much credit. They love them some Cam Newton, Johnny Football, and Jameis Winston. Questionable character seems to be one of the needed traits to win it these days.

The Heisman's not a humanitarian award. Jameis and Manziel were obvious choices, and Cam might have been the easiest choice ever.

Also, what Manziel and Cam were accused of doing weren't exactly crimes against humanity. I don't think they deserve to be lumped in with Jameis.