PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to put the cart way ahead of the horse for a moment

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 06:51 AM
But our next two home games will all but settle the SEC west for us. If, HUGE if, we can win those then we are looking at a very likely 7-1 SEC record with Alabama being the biggest hurdle left. With everybody thinking that Alabama likely loses two games in the regular season a loss to them would not matter. At the very least, it puts us second place in the West and very much in the conversation for a playoff spot. These next two games will define our season. We're 4-0 with 5 very winnable games left on our schedule, two winnable games, and one game that will be a an absolute slugfest.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 07:01 AM
My question is this...Who is going to beat Alabama? I've watched all their games and they are just now getting it all figured out. When they beat ole miss 45-17 in a couple of weeks, folks will start talking about them looking like they have no weaknesses. Had they not turned the ball over 4 times, they beat Florida 60-0 or close to that. I think the West will come down to State, Bama, and aTm.

I certainly agree though if we go 7-1 in SEC play, we are in the playoff discussion. But like you stated, we are both putting the cart way before the horse. aTm is gonna be tough to beat.

Dawgface
09-23-2014, 07:36 AM
I will start thinking about all this if we get to 6-0. I hope I get that chance.

Coach34
09-23-2014, 07:36 AM
I don't think anybody beats Bama. All their big games are at home. We might be able to pull it off in T-Town- but it would be hell doing it.

I think Bama goes 8-0, we go 7-1...and both of us make the playoff

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 07:45 AM
I don't think anybody beats Bama. All their big games are at home. We might be able to pull it off in T-Town- but it would be hell doing it.

I would take that in a minute and with a smile on my face.

archdog
09-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Hopefully get Bama in the playoff and beat them at a neutral field.

Dawgface
09-23-2014, 08:24 AM

You have done a good pretty good job with your projections. That would be amazing. You must be thinking our secondary is going to improve quite a bit.

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 11:38 AM

hey coach, seriously, I hope you bookmarked all the times I said exactly this^^^ two months before the season started.

curmudgeon
09-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Got to find a way to cheer for the Rebears to knock off the Tide in Oxford, then promptly lose a couple of games to A&M and Auburn.

Ugh.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Lotta wool in this thread. Hell, I'm just hoping for a split in our next two. Winning both would put me on cloud 9. I feel like we can possibly beat A&M....but nothing I have seen to this point makes me feel super confident about stopping their offense. If we shut their offense down, or at least slow it down and hold them under 35 points...I will begin to believe.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Got to find a way to cheer for the Rebears to knock off the Tide in Oxford, then promptly lose a couple of games to A&M and Auburn.

Ugh.

Negative. We control our own destiny, so I will never root for Ole Miss to win unless it directly puts us into the SEC Championship or National title. If OM can beat Bama anywhere, then Bama isn't our biggest hurdle.

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Ugh.

No way. I'll let another team knock them off. Let Auburn and A&M do it. If the bears somehow manage to knock off Bama then things would be unbearable (no pun intended) around here. Even if/when we destroy them in the Egg Bowl they would still crow about that and minimize 5/6. I want the bears to come into our game beaten down physically and mentally with about 5 losses already hung around their necks. Only thing I want them trying to spin into a positive is how good the Liberty Bowl really is.

preachermatt83
09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
No way. I'll let another team knock them off. Let Auburn and A&M do it. If the bears somehow manage to knock off Bama then things would be unbearable (no pun intended) around here. Even if/when we destroy them in the Egg Bowl they would still crow about that and minimize 5/6. I want the bears to come into our game beaten down physically and mentally with about 5 losses already hung around their necks. Only thing I want them trying to spin into a positive is how good the Liberty Bowl really is.

EXACTLY!

DownwardDawg
09-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Negative. We control our own destiny, so I will never root for Ole Miss to win unless it directly puts us into the SEC Championship or National title. If OM can beat Bama anywhere, then Bama isn't our biggest hurdle.

+1. It would be crazy to cheer for ole miss now.

gtowndawg
09-23-2014, 12:37 PM
If Bama loses to Ole Miss than Bama just ain't that good. Period.

http://appgratis.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/hlgyq.gif

Coach 57
09-23-2014, 12:55 PM
If we played aTm this week, I would be worried. But guys we get an entire week to prepare for them! It was once stated by Ray Lewis "the greatest adaptive force of nature is a good defensive coordinator." I take this out of context as he was specifically talking about RG3 & the evolution of the spread offenses. But the statement rings true, we DO have a great defensive minded DC in our facility. He schemed VERY well for LSU & I think he will do the same Vs aTm. We've still yet to see our starters in a nickel package thus far this year. That fact will change come Saturday. If we continue to get pressure with our front 4, there will be coverage sacks Vs aTm. They have yet to see a pass rush like ours. When we stunt & twist we are as good as ANYBODY! The biggest thing we need to watch is trying to stay away from zone coverages Vs them. Sumlin's offense is very adept at seeing it & exposing it early & often. That's why they hammered SC.

BTW, I apologize for the thread jack. I will sit down & hush now. ��

mstatefan91
09-23-2014, 12:58 PM

Ugh.

This just doesn't make any sense............................................. .................................................. ....