PDA

View Full Version : We must have turned some kind of corner

FlabLoser
09-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Y'all remember when Mullen got here and instantly made the team credible? He narrowly missed a bowl game his first year after we missed scoring from the 1 to lose to LSU. The next year he makes a bowl and Rebel fans had Mullen leaving is to Miami, Penn State, practically anywhere.

Well, that's back. A NAFOOMer writes "Also, Mullen rode Tebo to a HC job, he'll likely ride Dak to a better one." Just today I head that from a number of friends and there it is also on NAFOOM.

So the last 5 years, we've had that Mullen is leaving us, Mullen sucks and can't go anywhere, no wait Mullen is leaving us again. OK.

Dawg496
09-23-2014, 02:55 AM
Yep, rebels are in full force cracking jokes like "Mullen's wife is meeting with realtors in Florida."

Feels like things are back to normal.

32 Dive
09-23-2014, 07:25 AM
It's right up there with the Rebel Shopping Season, as things that you can count on happening. They are less and less effective, every year...

1)"Cash for Flipz Program"
2)"Mullenz is Leaving for "Job XYZ", because ANY job is better than State!"

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 07:28 AM
He's been rumored to turn down opportunities at Miami, Penn State, Minnesota, Michigan, and more. Tenn came after him and got pushed back by Slive because he won't let SEC teams take each others' head coaches.

So with that, where the hell would he go? We're a top 15 coaching job in America and most of the ones in front of us are out of play because they're in the SEC.

msstate7
09-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Why would Mullen go to Florida and get a heavyweight rival like fsu when he owns our paperweight rival

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 07:33 AM
hahaha

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 07:33 AM
He's been rumored to turn down opportunities at Miami, Penn State, Minnesota, Michigan, and more. Tenn came after him and got pushed back by Slive because he won't let SEC teams take each others' head coaches.

So with that, where the hell would he go? We're a top 15 coaching job in America and most of the ones in front of us are out of play because they're in the SEC.

This

I don't believe Mullen is going anywhere, and I'm not sure his offense would work in the NFL.

The Rebs are incredibly scared right now. They know we are better than them.

Think about this, why is there a page long thread on Dillon Day on every Ole Miss message board? Why would they care?

It's because they are scared of what's happening and want to disrupt it at all cost. Notice how Ole Miss fans want Day suspended for the year and not just a game. Why? because they are scared and don't want to play against him.

msstate7
09-23-2014, 07:38 AM
Of course they're scared. We just went into probably the toughest place in the sec to win and raped the Tigers till we felt sorry for them. The Rebs thought there was no way we could win against a good team on the road. Now they're home field advantage doesn't seem so good anymore

TrapGame
09-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Of course they're scared. We just went into probably the toughest place in the sec to win and raped the Tigers till we felt sorry for them. The Rebs thought there was no way we could win against a good team on the road. Now they're home field advantage doesn't seem so good anymore

This all day long!

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2014, 07:48 AM

Should have raped them until I felt sorry for them. I wasn't to that point yet. I was still enjoying watching them take it hard and dry.

archdog
09-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Why would Mullen go to Florida and get a heavyweight rival like fsu when he owns our paperweight rival

Yeah, LSU.

Dawgface
09-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Our national peception as a loser has changed drastically over the last few years(especially after last week). We have improved facalities and Mullen makes a nice income which will only go up. Unless his family is not happy with living in Starkville, I can't see him leaving. He's got a great situation here and I believe he knows it.

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 08:25 AM
Our national peception as a loser has changed drastically over the last few years(especially after last week). We have improved facalities and Mullen makes a nice income which will only go up. Unless his family is not happy with living in Starkville, I can't see him leaving. He's got a great situation here and I believe he knows it.

Mullen = Beamer

I have a lot of issues with this administration (personally and otherwise), but they appear to be taking a "Steelers approach" to coaching decisions. I can appreciate that and think it's the right model. The chatter early last year really pissed me off because it was contrary to that model, and had CDM not found a way to win, it may have changed... but I think things are as stable as they've ever been right now in the Bryan Building. That's good news considering our trajectory.

MrKotter
09-23-2014, 08:26 AM
State has a coach many schools find attractive. Judging from his courtship list, om does not. Instead of worrying with who will court Mullen next I would be more concerned with why no other school in the country even considers Freezus as a candidate if I was a bear fan.

Reason2succeed
09-23-2014, 08:28 AM
MULLEN TO MICHIGAN!!!!*

Mullen isn't going anywhere. He's finally got the program right where he wants it. State is good but not a pressure cooker job. We just need to back up the brinks truck to keep assistants around too. I like this staff and the less disruption the better. I can see us riding this momentum for the next five years easily.

Political Hack
09-23-2014, 08:30 AM
State has a coach many schools find attractive. Judging from his courtship list, om does not. Instead of worrying with who will court Mullen next I would be more concerned with why no other school in the country even considers Freezus as a candidate if I was a bear fan.

that's funny. I wonder why no one has went after him? It's hilarious to even think about hearing "Freeze to Michigan" rumors. The LA Galaxy may be interested though.***

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 08:34 AM
You would think that Michigan and Texas would be very attractive jobs, but those schools are infested with over bearing, extremely wealthy, boosters that are on power trips, I can't imagine Mullen ever wanting to be in that situation. At MSU, Mullen has free reign to do what he wants to do. At Michigan, the first time he lines up in the shot gun, the boosters will go nuts. After seeing how those people treated Rich Rod, I can't imagine any coach with a good job wanting to go there.

Dawgface
09-23-2014, 08:42 AM
You would think that Michigan and Texas would be very attractive jobs, but those schools are infested with over bearing, extremely wealthy, boosters that are on power trips, I can't imagine Mullen ever wanting to be in that situation. At MSU, Mullen has free reign to do what he wants to do. At Michigan, the first time he lines up in the shot gun, the boosters will go nuts. After seeing how those people treated Rich Rod, I can't imagine any coach with a good job wanting to go there.

The only way I would take one of those jobs is if I was in my 50's and thought.............'hey, what the hell at this point. I've already had a decent career and let's take a shot at it. If I get fired in 4 years, I'll have plenty of money in the bank'.

TrapGame
09-23-2014, 08:48 AM

Yes, yes and yes.

Mullen is not going anywhere. Mullen is building a monster of program.

TrapGame
09-23-2014, 08:50 AM
that's funny. I wonder why no one has went after him? It's hilarious to even think about hearing "Freeze to Michigan" rumors. The LA Galaxy may be interested though.***

Michigan Girls Basketball might come calling!***

TrapGame
09-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Double post

mic
09-23-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm hearing Freeze to the Las Vegas Sin or maybe the Atlanta Steam....
Not a coach out there with the resume for these jobs like Freeze.

CadaverDawg
09-23-2014, 12:08 PM

Well done