PDA

View Full Version : After watching our replay there's no question that....

RougeDawg
09-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Day was not intentionally trying to hurt players. Almost every running play, our linemen are downfield blocking. I just saw Bekwith down field hurdling the safety on Dak's TD. Looks just like the way we play and those guys have a difficult time stopping and are trying to avoid late contact at any cost.

Also, Love made a few great plays that nobody is talking about. Seems to me that when we play bump and run man its our best coverage options. When we try the zones, we look out of place bad.

Goat Holder
09-22-2014, 10:38 PM
On the nut stomp, I agree. If you watch how he tumbles after the 'stomp', pretty clear it's unintentional. Funny how the alleged incriminating videos do not show that.

I can't really tell on the stomach stomp.

MarketingBully01
09-22-2014, 10:44 PM
On the nut stomp, I agree. If you watch how he tumbles after the 'stomp', pretty clear it's unintentional. Funny how the alleged incriminating videos do not show that.

I can't really tell on the stomach stomp.

Yeah, with the first stomach step he just misjudged the jump and the LSU player rolled to where he was going to land. Add to the fact that the ref was a mere 3 yards away looking at the play I think it is safe to say Dillon's explanation from his twitter account is truthful and accurate. I would have to think if the ref thought even for a second that there was intent he would have thrown the flag there.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 10:47 PM
The question is what is the burden of proof needed for the SEC to suspend him?

I don't think Day meant to do it as well, but it doesn't matter what I think. It matters what Mike Slive thinks, and I don't know how convincing of evidence he needs. Along with the video and Day's letter, I just don't see how anyone could make the assumption that did it on purpose.

That being said, Day will get an automatic 15 yard penalty against A&M for picking his nose. We may as well go ahead and work it in our game plan. Slive won't have enough evidence to suspend him, but he'll find a way to get his point across. This is my best guess

MarketingBully01
09-22-2014, 10:55 PM
The question is what is the burden of proof needed for the SEC to suspend him?

I don't think Day meant to do it as well, but it doesn't matter what I think. It matters what Mike Slive thinks, and I don't know how convincing of evidence he needs. Along with the video and Day's letter, I just don't see how anyone could make the assumption that did it on purpose.

That being said, Day will get an automatic 15 yard penalty against A&M for picking his nose. We may as well go ahead and work it in our game plan. Slive won't have enough evidence to suspend him, but he'll find a way to get his point across. This is my best guess

It's an interesting delimma. The SEC is very protective of their refs so if that holds true there will be nothing handed down from the SEC office . If they suspend him even for a half, they are basically saying they screwed up since the officials were looking at the plays and decided the incidents were not flag worthy. I'd have to say they would interview the officiating crew about these incidents as well to get the complete story. I just don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about this. These acts in and of themselves were not intentional and the video evidence backs it up. The announcers were laughing at it as well and didn't make a big deal about it. If it was such a big deal, wouldn't Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge of talked more about it?

RougeDawg
09-22-2014, 10:57 PM
On the reviewed punt, can someone please explain the ruling? The ball went in the endzone twice. The first guy who caught the ball, falls and the ball hits on the goal line (first touchback to me). Then he tries to throw it out, and the other guy kicks it in the endzone. I thought the ruling was the ball had to stay outside of the EZ no matter where it was initially touched. Seems to me a bad call, unless they changed the rules recently.

Also, any corndogs bitching about us not getting flagged were obviously drunk. LSU is holding and checking our WR's well past 5 yards downfield. The pass Jameon caught and got punished, LSU #3 held him about 10 yards down field. The refs let the corndogs play more than they let us play.

yjnkdawg
09-22-2014, 11:13 PM
On the reviewed punt, can someone please explain the ruling? The ball went in the endzone twice. The first guy who caught the ball, falls and the ball hits on the goal line (first touchback to me). Then he tries to throw it out, and the other guy kicks it in the endzone. I thought the ruling was the ball had to stay outside of the EZ no matter where it was initially touched. Seems to me a bad call, unless they changed the rules recently.

Also, any corndogs bitching about us not getting flagged were obviously drunk. LSU is holding and checking our WR's well past 5 yards downfield. The pass Jameon caught and got punished, LSU #3 held him about 10 yards down field. The refs let the corndogs play more than they let us play.

On Bear's TD catch, the LSU defender was holding and draped all over him, but Bear still made a great catch. Unless you are LSU, you normally aren't going to get any favorable calls or non-calls go your way in Tiger Stadium.

joedog
09-22-2014, 11:15 PM
http://s28.postimg.org/cljeyqq71/les_miles.jpg

RougeDawg
09-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Anybody catch Nessler at the 13:59 mark in the 4th? LSU was bringing in their 4th down package. Nessler goes "LSU's going for it here. They've brought in about 7 extra tight ends", and never misses a beat.

ETA: Here's another gem fro him. "Had a record crowd here tonight, that never to a chance to get in it at all. And there's a whole bunch of fans disguised at empty seats right now" around the 5 min mark of the 4th.

yjnkdawg
09-22-2014, 11:23 PM
If not for tv replay or message boards or other social media. this would probably not even be a discussion topic, as it was not called on the field and LSU didn't seem like it was an issue to them at the time. Their issues seemed to be more trying to blocking our defense and trying to stop our offense.

FlabLoser
09-22-2014, 11:23 PM

I don't get this at all.

First off, I hate touchback rules. I think a ball should be down at the first spot the ball touches the kicking team no matter what happens next. But the rules say you have to keep the ball out of the endzone not matter when or where the kicking team touches the ball. Soo many times a team will touch the ball at the 2 or 3 yard line, but momentum carries the ball and/or the guy who touched it into the endzone and its a touchback. I think that sucks, but that's the rule.

No clue how that touchback in our game wasn't a touchback.

MarketingBully01
09-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Anybody catch Nessler at the 13:59 mark in the 4th? LSU was bringing in their 4th down package. Nessler goes "LSU's going for it here. They've brought in about 7 extra tight ends", and never misses a beat.

Nessler's great when your team is doing well. When your team is sucking, he doesn't pull any punches. With that said, Nessler is a great play by play guy. The class of the announcers are Blackledge/Nessler. I hope they do our game at 11 AM against A&M.

DLGDawg
09-23-2014, 06:31 AM
My take on the punt being downed....sitting in bww without being able to hear lol....I think they ruled he had possession/control and his knee was down before crossing the goal.

Quaoarsking
09-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Somebody with the real-time, unaltered video needs to put it on Youtube, send it out to SDS other blogs, post it on other message boards, etc.

Most people out there seem to think the "variable speed" video is real.