PDA

View Full Version : How many points do we need to beat A&M?

cheewgumm
09-22-2014, 05:49 PM
I know it's early.

I'm gong 56

RC3
09-22-2014, 05:50 PM

mic
09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
I know it's early.

I'm gong 56

56????? Come on now...

CadaverDawg

I think we give up 38-41 points

ShotgunDawg
42. I think we can make them one dimensional and cause some problems. We just can't leave guys wide open. If we get out jumped in the endzone, then we get out jumped. Force Kenny Hill to have pinpoint accuracy and try to get enough pressure to make him move his feet.

We need to find a way to keep A&M from scoring on long plays. Even if we give up a long play, it is imperative that we do all we can to force A&M to score from the redzone. Once in the redzone, Hill's throwing lanes will get smaller and A&M will be forced to try and run the football. Ask LSU how that went.

The key is to hold A&M to as many field goals as possible.

Goat Holder
09-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Going to be realistic here. I don't know that we beat aTm. I do think we beat Auburn.

cheewgumm
09-22-2014, 06:23 PM
I would go into that game telling Dak and the offense "We need 56".

I'm hoping we are able to wear their defense much like th eLSU game, but don't know. Damn, the West is brutal.

IMissJack
09-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm not trying to say anything negative about A&M with this post, but they had 650 plus yards vs SMU this week, and we had 570 vs. LSU. If we finish drives, we can score 56 on A&M. Hell, we should have had 41 at least on LSU.

RC3
09-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Rice moved the ball on them pretty easily as well but couldn't score points. We will have a chance but our secondary has to play great. Hit em fast and early. Then try to control the clock by running the GDF. Score tds after long sustained drives

JDog13
09-22-2014, 07:02 PM
1. We only need 1 point to win.

sbcmortgageman
09-22-2014, 07:04 PM

RossDawg82
09-22-2014, 07:11 PM
32-24

TXDawg
09-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Like I said going into the LSU game...we only need to score one more than they do.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2014, 07:31 PM
It's gonna be dry for our opponent again. No foot off the throat this time. They gonna get 17 but that's it. And we gonna maul them.

LiterallyPolice
09-22-2014, 07:34 PM
We score 40, we have a 20% chance of winning.
We score 45, we have a 50% chance of winning.
We score 50, we have a 80% chance of winning.

That's the way I look at it.

Dawgheadcheese
09-22-2014, 07:51 PM
After watching our defense Saturday, you think we will have to score 50 pts+ to win? I swear, the little man complex continues to be live and well. If we score 36+, we win. And I say this because Dan learned his lesson and will keep the pedal down for 4 quarters. We will adjust our defense knowing they will be more pass oriented. After this game, we will be bragging on our DBs / Safeties as much as we are the DL and OL this week.

Guys - please grow some nads.

Coach34
09-22-2014, 07:54 PM
40- which we will get

2 weeks to get ready
A&M cant run on our D
We're going to hurt at least 1 of their WR's

State 48
A&M 38

We cross 600 yards of offense and 300 yards rushing again for the 2nd game in a row

cheewgumm
09-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Saying we need 56 does not
Mean I think we"ll lose. I think we will win.

MafiaDawg
09-22-2014, 08:04 PM
I get so sick of you pussies with the 2006 mindset. Have some damn confidence in your team and D. No other fans in the SEC would say they need to score 56 points to win, especially publically.

cheewgumm
09-22-2014, 08:07 PM
So saying we're gonna score 56 on the #3 team in country is "2006
Mindset"?

O---k

Smitty
09-22-2014, 08:11 PM

MarketingBully01
09-22-2014, 08:13 PM
I think it will be something like 42-34 or 45-35 with us winning. I just don't see how A&M will stop us especially with the balance we will show. Their secondary sucks ass. Who will defend Jameon or Bear? What about MoJo? This will be a fun game but I see us coming away with a ten point win.

cheewgumm
09-22-2014, 08:18 PM
In all honesty I think we win 50 something to 40 something. I think it's gonna be a shootout, but I don't think they will stop is at all.

BulldogBear
09-22-2014, 08:39 PM
I know y'all think I'm crazy but I think maybe 24, but we're going to put up a bunch more. I think A&M is getting a lot of hype from ONE GAME against a mediocre team in the first game of the season where crazier stuff has happened. Since then their defense AND OL has not been tested, if you can call SC a test even. I'm telling you... smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors. I don't cuss much at all but it is time. We are going to beat the shit out of TAMU. I predict 48-20. They will not stop us. We will run the ball down their throat. Kenny Trill will be sacked 4-7 times and throw 2-4 INTs. They aren't prepared to face an offense like this nor a defense like this. Smoke and mirrors. They are better than I thought but not much. There is some improvement but this is still in large part the team that wouldn't have won 6 without JFF. And Hill isn't JFF 2.0 just yet. Outside of a an underwhelming Gamecock team they have steamrolled the same teams who other teams have steamrolled. Other teams that normally get steamrolled themselves. There is nothing to see here. They PROBABLY will go bowlling. I'll give them that, but they are a sheep in wolves clothing. Here's one you can understand: They are us in 2012, only not as good as we were at that. Rant over. Seriously, I hope they can beat Arkansas, which I'm actually doubting they will do, because I want them to be top ten and undefeated when we play them.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2014, 08:43 PM
WE PLAY DEFENSE PEOPLE. We will hammer these ****ers into submission. On defense.

BulldogBear
09-22-2014, 08:44 PM
WE PLAY DEFENSE PEOPLE. We will hammer these ****ers into submission. On defense.

This^ ...I'm more worried about the KY game on the road than TAMU at home.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 08:51 PM
There is something odd and untested about A&M. Their game with Arkansas this weekend will be very interesting. With two weeks to prepare, I think there is a good chance that Geoff Collins provides the SEC West with the blue print.

LC Dawg
09-22-2014, 08:54 PM
I say 28. LSU had not given up a point for 10 consecutive quarters. Well, they hadn't faced our offense. A&M has scored a bunch of points so far this year but guess what. They haven't played our defense.

IMissJack
09-22-2014, 08:55 PM
I do think them having to play AR this week, while we are off, is a big advantage for us. We will definitely see if they can stop the run, which I don't see happening.

dawgoneyall
09-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Only 34.

RC3
09-22-2014, 09:13 PM
If Day sits my prediction will change. Right now I think we should probably win. If Arkansas plays them close this weekend, I will be confident we can win. We are more physical and more balanced than Arkansas

Schultzy
09-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Vandy scored 31 on South Carolina, I think ta&m is good but not great, he'll if we could hold on to a snap on a punt we woulda beaten them last year at Kyle Field.

Or handed the ball to JRob two or three more times. Plus Manziel is gone, Hill is good but not near that damn good.

Percho
09-22-2014, 09:27 PM
There is something odd and untested about A&M. Their game with Arkansas this weekend will be very interesting. With two weeks to prepare, I think there is a good chance that Geoff Collins provides the SEC West with the blue print.

I agree with you. What do you think the score in the Ark TAM game will be?

RC3
09-22-2014, 09:29 PM
My guess on that one
A&M-34
Arkansas-24

I seen it dawg
09-22-2014, 09:42 PM
If Day sits my prediction will change. Right now I think we should probably win. If Arkansas plays them close this weekend, I will be confident we can win. We are more physical and more balanced than Arkansas

Why keep on with the Day bullshit. He's not sitting. There is nothing to it unless you have an agenda and just want to keep stirring up shit. Those that keep the stupid Day shit going are trolling plain and simple. Trolls don't last long.

Goat Holder
09-22-2014, 10:37 PM
There is nothing to it unless you have an agenda and just want to keep stirring up shit. Those that keep the stupid Day shit going are trolling plain and simple. Trolls don't last long.

Really?? It's just discussion. You do not need to be a moderator.

Johnson85
09-23-2014, 08:07 AM
I know it's early.

I'm gong 56

I think we need to score in the mid or upper 40's. Not because I think A&M will necessarily score that high, but I think our offense moving the ball will be key in controlling their offense. If we're not moving the ball consistnelty enough to get somewhere in the 40's, I think our secondary will get worn out by the end of the game and start breaking down.

I seen it dawg
09-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Really?? It's just discussion. You do not need to be a moderator.

Its not discussion. It's continually dragging something back up in a way that's trolling. You are the last poster that has an opinion that is remotely worth a shit. It's common knowledge you don't need to be a poster.

Spider-Man
09-23-2014, 10:14 AM

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2014, 10:19 AM
I think we beat A&M 42-35

thunderclap
09-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Their front 7 is gonna be sore after Saturday. And then we get to pound them.

Coach34
09-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Their front 7 is gonna be sore after Saturday. And then we get to pound them.

yep. A&M's defensive depth will get tested the next few weeks

BeardoMSU
09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
I know y'all think I'm crazy but I think maybe 24, but we're going to put up a bunch more. I think A&M is getting a lot of hype from ONE GAME against a mediocre team in the first game of the season where crazier stuff has happened. Since then their defense AND OL has not been tested, if you can call SC a test even. I'm telling you... smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors. I don't cuss much at all but it is time. We are going to beat the shit out of TAMU. I predict 48-20. They will not stop us. We will run the ball down their throat. Kenny Trill will be sacked 4-7 times and throw 2-4 INTs. They aren't prepared to face an offense like this nor a defense like this. Smoke and mirrors. They are better than I thought but not much. There is some improvement but this is still in large part the team that wouldn't have won 6 without JFF. And Hill isn't JFF 2.0 just yet. Outside of a an underwhelming Gamecock team they have steamrolled the same teams who other teams have steamrolled. Other teams that normally get steamrolled themselves. There is nothing to see here. They PROBABLY will go bowlling. I'll give them that, but they are a sheep in wolves clothing. Here's one you can understand: They are us in 2012, only not as good as we were at that. Rant over. Seriously, I hope they can beat Arkansas, which I'm actually doubting they will do, because I want them to be top ten and undefeated when we play them.

Strong. Quite strong.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/George-Costanza-clapping.gif

Reason2succeed
09-23-2014, 01:35 PM

+1
You're not crazy. I agree.
BTW, I predicted 31-10 State versus LSU which was the 3rd qtr score so….

Coach007
09-23-2014, 01:44 PM
WE need to think in terms of limiting Hill. He has not been tested yet. Then watch the Hogs. If they run it well. We simply drive it over them. Take our time, chew up the clock. Then the DL has to make Hill hear foot steps before the ball is even snapped.

Bothrops
09-23-2014, 01:48 PM
40+

Bothrops
09-23-2014, 01:50 PM
A&M's down linemen are good. It's gonna be tough, but we will learn some things when they play Arkansas this weekend.

SunCoastDog
09-23-2014, 01:58 PM
I say 42. One thing we did learn Saturday night is that we have another potential offensive weapon if a 70 yard Hail Mary is needed. Just put Muniz back there, hike it to him, then let him re-snap it the other way. Dude has a cannon.

SouthMsDawg
09-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Rice put up 500 yds of total offense on A&M and held them to 38 and Rise had a turnover on their side of the field, missed two FGs and got stuffed on 4th down.

Bothrops
09-23-2014, 06:55 PM
They played Rice at half capacity.