PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen's accomplishments......

Goat Holder
09-22-2014, 05:47 PM
1) First win over Florida in that state since 1965 (18 tries before)
2) First win over Georgia since 1974 (9 tries before)
3) First win over LSU since 1999, and first win over LSU in Death Valley since 1991
4) First time to win 3 straight in Egg Bowl since 1942
5) First time to win a game in the state of Arkansas
6) QB play and development like we have not seen since Don Smith or John Bond
7) Talent levels on both sides comparative to our best teams ever in history
8) 4 straights bowls for the first time in our history
9) Consistently beats the non-P5 schools unlike anyone in our history.
10) Discipline is not an issue in our program.

I don't care the rankings or perception. That's a stout list. Now all we need is a 10-2 year and a win in a truly major bowl game, and we might start talking about him as the best ever.

Fire Merlinzzz hir HUD

RC3
09-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Whatever. Muschamp out at UF, mullerns in

Goat Holder
09-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Then add #11

11) Mullen's erases the myth that we are a coaching graveyard.

DownwardDawg
09-22-2014, 05:56 PM
You were doing fine until that last line. No need for that childish shit right now. Geez dude

Goat Holder
09-22-2014, 05:57 PM
You were doing fine until that last line. No need for that childish shit right now. Geez dude

http://i.imgur.com/ByyXgKj.png

sleepy dawg
09-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Indeed. Great list.

DownwardDawg
09-22-2014, 07:52 PM
1) First win over Florida in that state since 1965 (18 tries before)
2) First win over Georgia since 1974 (9 tries before)
3) First win over LSU since 1999, and first win over LSU in Death Valley since 1991
4) First time to win 3 straight in Egg Bowl since 1942
5) First time to win a game in the state of Arkansas
6) QB play and development like we have not seen since Don Smith or John Bond
7) Talent levels on both sides comparative to our best teams ever in history
8) 4 straights bowls for the first time in our history
9) Consistently beats the non-P5 schools unlike anyone in our history.
10) Discipline is not an issue in our program.

I don't care the rankings or perception. That's a stout list. Now all we need is a 10-2 year and a win in a truly major bowl game, and we might start talking about him as the best ever.

Fire Merlinzzz hir HUD

I told someone this morning that he's already in that conversation. Dan, Jackie, and Allyn McKeen.

Coach34
09-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Whatever. Muschamp out at UF, mullerns in

Florida wouldnt hire Mullen if it was between Mullen and Croom...that aint happening folks

shoeless joe
09-22-2014, 07:59 PM
No doubt he has done some great things here. He has a chance to do even more that have never been done.

As for #10...I thought that and winning couldn't be accomplished at same time?
#sylvester

IMissJack
09-22-2014, 08:17 PM
What about Michigan?

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Florida wouldnt hire Mullen if it was between Mullen and Croom...that aint happening folks

Is it true Dan Mullen and Foley just don't get along? Also heard Megan didn't really like Gainesville. Dan seems like the type who might want to build his OWN program. If he wins the SEC Championship, he probably has a statue out front of Davis Wade to start the next year. He has already shown what he is building can compete with anyone. One thing we need to do is wrap up Collins and Brian Johnson. We might have the best coaching staff right now we have ever had.

Coach34
What about Michigan?

I cant answer that one

chef dixon
He is our best coach ever. Mississippi State should not be able to compete in the current climate of our division but he's doing it. Its sort of like he's been slowly preparing for the zombie apocalypse and its paying off now.

RC3
09-22-2014, 08:21 PM

Shoulda put asterisks I guess

Political Hack
09-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Michigan's President or Ad one was quoted in the box at the Gator bowl saying "maybe he did invent football."

I still think that's hilarious. He's be rumored to have turned down chances at Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State, and more. Tennessee was told they couldn't pursue him (SEC won't vulture itself at the HC level under Slive).

There's not a lot he can do except keep kicking ass in Starkville.

RC3
09-22-2014, 08:34 PM
I doubt he would consider leaving under any circumstances with a heisman winner coming back for another year

archdog
09-22-2014, 09:49 PM
I hope Dan cam see that with sustained winning at State he can build something like Joe Pa had at Penn State, you know without the boy raping thing.

fishwater99
09-22-2014, 09:56 PM
11. First Top 10 win since 1980?

#ibelieve

Pollodawg
09-22-2014, 10:15 PM
11. First Top 10 win since 1980?

#ibelieve

Beat #3 UF in 200 or 2001. Can't remember.

Pollodawg
09-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Dan aint going anywhere, folks. With the SEC NW money, we can pretty much afford to pay him almost as much as anybody in the country not named Alabama, Texas, or Notre Dame.

engie
09-22-2014, 10:26 PM

You are also assuming that Foley gets to make that decision -- and most UF folks don't think he will. You don't get to **** up 2 football hires in a row even when you are widely considered the best overall AD in the country.

That said -- Mullen to UF still ain't happening. It's just now getting truly built here. LSU in DV cleared his last 2 major hurdles. And with the money and exposure we've got rolling now -- we're a destination job, not a stepping stone.

RC3
09-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Seriously. Mullen isn't going anywhere. This is what he has been working for the past five years. He isn't gonna build it up just to walk away from it. This is his baby. If he leaves, it will be for one of about five schools in the entire country. It's not happening

Coach34
09-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Seriously. Mullen isn't going anywhere. This is what he has been working for the past five years. He isn't gonna build it up just to walk away from it. This is his baby. If he leaves, it will be for one of about five schools in the entire country. It's not happening

Exactly...the landscape of college football is changing- and staying in the SEC is a real smart move for coaches

Johnson85
09-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Michigan's President or Ad one was quoted in the box at the Gator bowl saying "maybe he did invent football."

I still think that's hilarious. He's be rumored to have turned down chances at Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State, and more. Tennessee was told they couldn't pursue him (SEC won't vulture itself at the HC level under Slive).

There's not a lot he can do except keep kicking ass in Starkville.

In Miami, I think one of the trustees or maybe the AD basically said he acted like he invented football. My guess is that when they wanted to interview them, he was willing to go for a Godfather offer. He recognized that the landscape of college football had and was changing, and that Miami wasn't really a better job than MSU, so it didn't make sense to start over unless they gave him boatloads of money and control. They understandably were in denial and thought it was crazy for him to treat "the U" like a lateral move.

I don't know how he views a Michigan or a PSU, but other than the fact that he would get out of the SEC West, I'm not sure they're that attractive compared to any SEC school not named Vandy or UK. Can you really recruit anywhere in the Big 10 that can consistently compete with the top of the SEC? Or would you basically be building top 15 teams that could consistently be in the running to get your ass kicked by whatever SEC school you get matched up with post season? And throw in the fact that to get one of those jobs, you'll almost always be taking over a rebuilding situation and have a fan base taht thinks rebuilding should take two years max. I think Rich Rod ultimately was the wrong style coach for Michigan, but I also think he would have had more success had they given him a chance rather than putting him on the hotseat because he hadn't retooled his team to fit his preferred offense by year two.