PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully Dan will...

Dallas_Dawg
09-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Actively promote the importance of this game to the student body. He has been good about doing this type of thing in the past and it has been successful. Visit frat and sorority houses, give out pizza to groups and give them a speech, etc. Since we have a week off, we have time to do this right.
We need the students to be at this game and rowdy. The last time we played a morning game against aTm after Bulldog Bash, we were flat as a team and as a fanbase. I remember walking into the stadium thay day, hungover myself, and the crowd was sluggish to say the least. The Aggots kicked our asses that day. We need to do all that we can to prevent this from happening again. If that means Dan has to go around and remind the students that they can quit partying at midnight on Friday to be ready for the game, then let's do it.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Can Starkville PD set a curfew for 10 pm? Ha

Alldawg
09-22-2014, 05:19 PM
10 pm my a$$. Needs to be around 6 at the latest. My fifth was long gone by 7 pm

RC3
09-22-2014, 05:25 PM
He shouldn't have to do that.

RC3
09-22-2014, 05:26 PM
If the students want to party Friday night he should just encourage them to play through. Rowdiest student section ever

missouridawg
09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Hopefully SEC Nation (or **** it, College Gameday) shows up giving our student population something to get up at 8 am and get drunk for.

Goat Holder
09-22-2014, 05:29 PM
If the students want to party Friday night he should just encourage them to play through. Rowdiest student section ever

^^ This. Turn the tables.

DudyDawg
09-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Give out adderall or Colombian bam bam at the student gate and it'll be no problem..

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 05:46 PM
A few things here:

1. The students shouldn't have to be reminded about how big this game is. If they have a pulse, they need to be and know they should be there.

2. The key is getting the students to sleep late Friday & into the afternoon.

3. The last time we played A&M at home was the week after we had gotten blown out by Bama in the "We Believe" game. Sure, the 11:00 AM kickoff may have had a little bit to do with us being flat, but most of the problem is that we had been exposed by Bama, our fans knew that, our players knew that, and the Texas A&M game was a huge hangover. This year it's a completely different circumstance. We are rolling right now, and people will be pumped for this game.

MS_half-step
09-22-2014, 08:20 PM
As a student I actually liked the 11 o'clock games. Gives you an excuse to drink hard liquor at 8 in the morning, I'll take it not that I needed it. Throw in some other performance enhancers and I was good to go.

msstate7
09-22-2014, 08:23 PM
As a student I actually liked the 11 o'clock games. Gives you an excuse to drink hard liquor at 8 in the morning, I'll take it not that I needed it. Throw in some other performance enhancers and I was good to go.

Haha. Whatever it takes...

Dawgtini
09-22-2014, 09:01 PM
You mean I need an excuse? #WhoKnew #BeenDoingItWrong