PDA

View Full Version : Geoff & Deshea: You have 12 days

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 05:07 PM
The good thing about playing at 11:00 AM on the most awesome Saturday of football so far this year, is that the ENTIRE country will be tuned in to our game.

I feel that every position group, except the secondary, is playing at a level that is either at or above the level needed to win the next two games. However, if the secondary doesn't step it up and play their best two games of the season, we will not win.

Jamerson, Taveze, Will, Cox, Market, Hughes, & Tolando, we need you guys to step up. You guys have 12 days to figure this out.

If you guys get it together back there, this team can go to Atlanta!

cheewgumm
09-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I really think Redmond is playing great. Even against UAB, he should have had an INT, which would be 3 for the year...and would lead the SEC.

I'm really impressed with that guy. I honestly think he should take Love's spot, though I'm not super down on Love...even though he's been the victim a couple of times. He's still close. I don't think it's as bad as it seems. Evne Lve...when the game counted was in good postiion and made a couple of plays.

Irondawg
09-22-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm not the same way with Redmond but he's not as bad as some make him out either. LSU went after him the most early which days they saw something in film they thought they could exploit. Just needs to clean up not biting on the double move

HoopsDawg
09-22-2014, 05:33 PM
LSU has been the only team that has slowed down Sumlin these past 2 years. We need to study that tape. Mizzou played them well last year and held them to I think 21 points. I want to say LSU mainly just rushed 4 guys and dropped 7 in coverage. This might be a game where you line Mckinney up at DE opposite Smith about 30 snaps. You have to make them earn it, give em the short stuff. And our offense needs to play outstanding. If they can't stop us, they can't win.

Really Clark?
09-22-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm not the same way with Redmond but he's not as bad as some make him out either. LSU went after him the most early which days they saw something in film they thought they could exploit. Just needs to clean up not biting on the double move

You want to know who your best CB's are, find the one thrown at the least. If you don't ever hear their name called on pass plays it means they have shut down their man and/or the opposing coach is afraid of that match up. It's about exploiting match ups. I hear and see Redmond's name a lot. That is who the opposing teams have picked on as the weak link as far as our corners go.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 05:41 PM
The good thing about playing at 11:00 AM on the most awesome Saturday of football so far this year, is that the ENTIRE country will be tuned in to our game.

I feel that every position group, except the secondary, is playing at a level that is either at or above the level needed to win the next two games. However, if the secondary doesn't step it up and play their best two games of the season, we will not win.

Jamerson, Taveze, Will, Cox, Market, Hughes, & Tolando, we need you guys to step up. You guys have 12 days to figure this out.

If you guys get it together back there, this team can go to Atlanta!

Ummm....Market is the last guy I'd call out in our secondary. He's been nails for us every week so far, minus being decapitated by UAB. By far our best player in the secondary right now. Taveze has been solid, too, other than one big play against UAB after he'd tweaked a knee. But everyone else: STEP UP. It's Time!

LiterallyPolice
09-22-2014, 05:45 PM
I could be in the minority here, but I feel like Texas AM has the ability to make any secondary look bad. If our defense holds them under 35, I think we've played well. And I fully expect us to score 40+.

My point is that you can pretty much bank on the fact that we will still be questioning our secondary after Texas AM. That's just what they do to folks.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Ummm....Market is the last guy I'd call out in our secondary. He's been nails for us every week so far, minus being decapitated by UAB. By far our best player in the secondary right now. Taveze has been solid, too, other than one big play against UAB after he'd tweaked a knee. But everyone else: STEP UP. It's Time!

Read what I wrote. I named all the people that play in the secondary. Not calling anyone out. However, as a unit, these guys need to step up.

Did this come off as me calling out Market, or is that just the way you chose to read it?

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 05:50 PM
I could be in the minority here, but I feel like Texas AM has the ability to make any secondary look bad. If our defense holds them under 35, I think we've played well. And I fully expect us to score 40+.

My point is that you can pretty much bank on the fact that we will still be questioning our secondary after Texas AM. That's just what they do to folks.

No doubt, they are going to make plays. We just need to make them EARN those plays, and make it tough on them. By doing that, we may get a few turnovers.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Read what I wrote. I named all the people that play in the secondary. Not calling anyone out. However, as a unit, these guys need to step up.

Did this come off as me calling out Market, or is that just the way you chose to read it?

I understand you chose to call out every member of the secondary. Just saying a couple of them don't really deserve it. But overall, I definitely agree with your point. As I said in my post, we need this unit to step up.....although I don't think we've played as badly as most seem to think, either.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 05:54 PM

No doubt, they are going to make plays. We just need to make them EARN those plays, and make it tough on them. By doing that, we may get a few turnovers.

Agree, aTm is going to get theirs. I'm expecting a shootout, even if our secondary plays well.

HoopsDawg
09-22-2014, 05:55 PM

In their last 20 games, they have scored fewer than 38 points just twice. So yeah, holding them to under 35 is an accomplishment. We play 5 safeties significant minutes which I think is a mistake. You need continuity in your secondary. Surely 2 or 3 of those 5 have separated themselves from the pack. Identify your best 2 or 3 safeties, cut down the rotation, and the production will be better.

LiterallyPolice
09-22-2014, 06:10 PM
In their last 20 games, they have scored fewer than 38 points just twice. So yeah, holding them to under 35 is an accomplishment. We play 5 safeties significant minutes which I think is a mistake. You need continuity in your secondary. Surely 2 or 3 of those 5 have separated themselves from the pack. Identify your best 2 or 3 safeties, cut down the rotation, and the production will be better.

Wow, twice? Unreal. Regardless, we're putting up some points ourselves these days.

justwin
09-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Disagree. Love is the weak link not Redmond...Love's the one giving up the TDs and completions consistently. Love just needs to start playing more aggressively the entire play and quit being so cavalier...he has the talent.

you're right...Calhoun is the best...you never hear his name mentioned.

The pass interference on Redmond in the redzone was awful especially after the obvious "no-call" on LSU's db on Wilson's td catch.

You want to know who your best CB's are, find the one thrown at the least. If you don't ever hear their name called on pass plays it means they have shut down their man and/or the opposing coach is afraid of that match up. It's about exploiting match ups. I hear and see Redmond's name a lot. That is who the opposing teams have picked on as the weak link as far as our corners go.

HoopsDawg
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Disagree. Love is the weak link not Redmond...Love's the one giving up the TDs and completions consistently. Love just needs to start playing more aggressively the entire play and quit being so cavalier...he has the talent.

The pass interference on Redmond in the redzone was awful especially after the obvious "no-call" on LSU's db on Wilson's td catch.

Love needs to be the nickel guy, that is, he needs to lineup up against the slot guy. I like Redmond and Calhoun on the outside receivers b/c they have better height than Love.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Truth is they've all been beat at some point this year. Love, Redmond, & Calhoun. I still have faith in all 3 tho. When they're at the top of their games may not be a better trio in the SEC. They have 2 weeks to prepare & get there.

slickdawg
09-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Didn't Love have two picks of Johnny Football last year?

CadaverDawg
09-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Didn't Love have two picks of Johnny Football last year?

Yep

Really Clark?
09-22-2014, 06:46 PM

The PI was a bad call against Redmond. But he has been targeted a good bit more than the other corners. Now it's not talent as much as he is more apt to make a mistake and that's why teams are targeting him more. They are pegging him has the weak link.

Barking 13
09-22-2014, 08:41 PM
The secret is QB pressure and containment...