PDA

View Full Version : more ESPN bowl projections

starkvegasdawg
09-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Two more of their staff (one was Slabach) pick us to the Cap 1 bowl. Interesting possible opponents...

Capital One Bowl
(Big Ten vs. SEC) Wisconsin vs. Mississippi State Ohio State vs. Mississippi State

Dawg496
09-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Capital One bowl vs Ohio State would be awesome. Another brand name school and we could continue the SEC tradition of kicking their asses.

Statefan
09-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Meyer vs. Mullen round 2

Intramural All-American
09-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Wasn't it Schlabach who trashed us after the UAB game and said we were back to the usual MSU?

Johnson85
09-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Meyer vs. Mullen round 2

Pretty sure this would be round 3. I know Meyer was the coach when we played them in starkville (where Banks had something of a coming out party) and unless that was during his mental/physical breakdown, pretty sure Meyer was the coach when we won in Gainesville.

BrunswickDawg
09-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Pretty sure this would be round 3. I know Meyer was the coach when we played them in starkville (where Banks had something of a coming out party) and unless that was during his mental/physical breakdown, pretty sure Meyer was the coach when we won in Gainesville.

Yes, it would be game #3. That game in Gainesville, I used to have the post-game bookmarked on YouTube but can't find it now. About 10 seconds in, you hear our fans chanting "Maroon/White", Urban pauses, swallows, shakes his head, then starts talking again. It was the best!

ETA: HA! Found it. You have to have the volume up, but you can hear it.

http://youtu.be/YfAhAn_fttU

Dawg496
09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
You're right, it'd be Round 3, with the score even at 1.

sandwolf
09-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Wasn't it Schlabach who trashed us after the UAB game and said we were back to the usual MSU?

I don't know, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. We gave up 548 yards and 34 points to a CUSA team......pretty much anyone who is objective wrote us off at that point.

Johnson85
09-22-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't know, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. We gave up 548 yards and 34 points to a CUSA team......pretty much anyone who is objective wrote us off at that point.

Not if they watched the game. If you watched the game it was clear those were mostly fixable issues, and that even with those issues and even with us rotating first and second teams, the game was still never in doubt.

If you're supposedly an expert, you just shouldn't comment on games that you don't watch.