You've got to be kidding me

HoopsDawg
09-22-2014, 10:36 AM
This is straight garbage bullshit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByJcDQEIcAEBrRr.jpg

SHIT!!!!

gtowndawg
09-22-2014, 10:37 AM
but seriously, why does it feel like we are the ones the bend over and do whatever we are told.

I know there are contractual obligations, etc. but it's BS. I can't even go to the game now. I have kids soccer and football on Saturday morning.

FlabLoser
09-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Auburn-LSU at 6:30. Does this mean ESPN Gameday chose Auburn-LSU?

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 10:39 AM
It's the freaking morning after Bulldog Bash as well. Straight BULLSHIT.

Let's just bend over and take it.

Can we deny being on TV? Garbage

Covercorner2
09-22-2014, 10:40 AM

No. Not necessarily

jumbo
09-22-2014, 10:41 AM

no it does not.

this is total shit. how in the world is this not the prime time SEC network game? USC-UK? Terrible.

DownwardDawg
09-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Completely unacceptable!!!!

DudyDawg
It's the freaking morning after Bulldog Bash as well. Straight BULLSHIT.

Let's just bend over and take it.

Can we deny being on TV? Garbage

That's going to be rough on students to get up (figuratively and literally) for that. That's ridiculous

BeardoMSU
I don't care if you're still drunk; get your asses to the stadium for the 17'n game!

ShotgunDawg
With Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio, How in the world is A&M not a bigger draw than this? This is disgusting from the SEC

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Also, good luck getting any recruits there at 11:00 when they play high school football on Friday nights.

We stuck up the pooper here. Absolutely screwed in the pooper. Stricklin better be pissed right now. NOT RIGHT

RC3
09-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Such a crock.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Unreal.

Oh well, let's get it.

UMCDawg16
Screw Bulldog Bash! This game is everything! ESPN just bend us over big time.

RC3
I hope we have a six hour weather delay

LC Dawg
I didn't think anything could bring me off my high from the LSU game but I was wrong. This is totally unacceptable. I know they can't do anything at this point but our administration needs to show me that they will stand up for us and tell the sec/espn what they think of this.
I hope Arkansas pounds on A&M so hard that they don't want to wake up this early to play football. I also hope that this pisses off our guys so much that they show no mercy to the Aggies.

ShotgunDawg
CBS = Crimson Broadcasting Network.

The SEC should be embarrassed about this.

drunkernhelldawg
09-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Sucks, but beats the hell out of Thursday.

HoopsDawg
I think 11:00 am games in the central time zone should be banned. So much for the tailgate. It's going to be a totally different atmosphere than a night game would have been. I would take the SEC network at 6:30 game over ESPN.

RossDawg82
I think we will pack the stadium and continue to whip ass

Dawg496
This is ****ing bullshit. Our atmosphere is going to greatly suffer.

War Machine Dawg
Complete, total, utter ****ing BULLSHIT! Scott better be on the damn phone chewing ass all week. This is completely, horrendously unacceptable. I now expect a repeat of 2012 when we get ass raped at home. The crowd is going to be completely dead. **** YOU, ESPN & SEC!!!!!

ETA: SCar and UK in primetime on the SECN? Seriously?! **** THE SEC & ESPN, aGAIN!!!!!

TrapGame
09-22-2014, 10:49 AM
That sucks. Should be a night game on SECN at the very least.

DudyDawg
09-22-2014, 10:50 AM
And the bulldogs will be running out of the tunnel right aboutttttttttt now in a week..... Sweet

TrapGame
09-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Complete, total, utter ****ing BULLSHIT! Scott better be on the damn phone chewing ass all week. This is completely, horrendously unacceptable. I now expect a repeat of 2012 when we get ass raped at home. The crowd is going to be completely dead. **** YOU, ESPN & SEC!!!!!

WMD, you're not thinking conspiracy theory here? Because now I am. Can't let ol' MSU get too uppity.

drunkernhelldawg
I don't think there's much we can do. Would have liked to trade KY/USC, but it ain't gonna be changed. We still get our football weekend. We're still in for some great football. We're still in for some fun in the Patch.

FlabLoser

Heard it mentioned that CBS broadcasted something like 23 Florida games when Tebow was there.

I think the SEC should set a rule about how many times a team can be shown on CBS.

msstate7
09-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Really does suck. Oh well I'll get home in time to finish watching OM's return to reality.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2014, 10:55 AM
We have a strong minded team...we need to have a stronger minded fanbase. Does it suck? Yes. But at this point, we just have to look at it the way the team will, and say "F it, kicking ass in the morning is still kicking ass". Now our boys can beat ass early and then spend all evening and night watching the praise on TV.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 10:57 AM
We have a strong minded team...we need to have a stronger minded fanbase. Does it suck? Yes. But at this point, we just have to look at it the way the team will, and say "F it, kicking ass in the morning is still kicking ass". Now our boys can beat ass early and then spend all evening and night watching them be praised on TV.

I agree, but I'm just tired of our fanbase having to take it up the butt. This isn't right. I'm so glad we have an off week, so that now our fan base has time to accept this wrong doing.

RougeDawg
09-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Really does suck. Oh well I'll get home in time to finish watching OM's return to reality.

Good point. After we plant Kenny hill into the turf, we can all go back to tailgate and watch BroLocks run for his life. Id much rather a night game, but we all have to be pumped and ready to go at 11 am. And in "we all" I mean team and fans alike. Get you some Bloody Mary mix and Mimosas ready, nothing we can do about it now but get prepared and put a whoopin on Sumlin and the Ags.

DudyDawg
09-22-2014, 10:58 AM
We have a strong minded team...we need to have a stronger minded fanbase. Does it suck? Yes. But at this point, we just have to look at it the way the team will, and say "F it, kicking ass in the morning is still kicking ass". Now our boys can beat ass early and then spend all evening and night watching the praise on TV.

I don't think us bitching means we won't come and come ready to be loud. It just sucks and we have every right to complain. We are gonna say F it. But we wanna bitch first haha.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Oh and here's a thought...

IF our fanbase and students know the importance of atmosphere and home field advantage...well, you have 2 weeks to prepare for an early bedtime Friday night and early rise on Saturday. We just can't allow the game time play a factor.

messageboardsuperhero
09-22-2014, 10:59 AM
****ing bullshit.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Good point. After we plant Kenny hill into the turf, we can all go back to tailgate and watch BroLocks run for his life. Id much rather a night game, but we all have to be pumped and ready to go at 11 am. And in "we all" I mean team and fans alike. Get you some Bloody Mary mix and Mimosas ready, nothing we can do about it now but get prepared and put a whoopin on Sumlin and the Ags.

Yep, great post.

It does suck though, so I understand the disgust and reaction.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Well **** it we kick off at 11AM we've lost. That's such bullshit. Get your asses up go in your pajamas & ring your bell. 2012 Auburn game was at 11 & the atmosphere was great. If we're a legit program we'll get off our asses show up whoop A&M ass & tell ESPN to be back next Saturday night for the Auburn thrashing. If Bulldog Bash & an 11AM start keeps our game day atmosphere down for 1 of our biggest home games in years then we're not the program I thought we were.

LiterallyPolice
09-22-2014, 11:01 AM

That's the way I look at it. At least this way we don't have to sit around all day waiting for the night game.

#brightside

Somebody post that Monty Python "Always look on the bright side of life" video.

Dawg496
09-22-2014, 11:01 AM
**** the SEC seriously this is some grade A bullshit.

But you know how we make sure this shit doesn't happen again? Kick A&M's ass and move up to about #8 in the polls.

We better not get stuck with the ****ing 2:30 CBS slot for the Auburn game.

Csdog
09-22-2014, 11:03 AM
I agree, but I'm just tired of our fanbase having to take it up the butt. This isn't right. I'm so glad we have an off week, so that now our fan base has time to accept this wrong doing.

Enough of the negative attitude. Be positive. Hell,be happy about what this team has done

Irondawg
09-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Wow, just wow. Two top 15 teams and you slot them at 11 - that's just unbelievable. How do you rationalize taking AU-LSU for the night game at that point after watching how terrible LSU looked for 3 quarters vs. a showdown of two potential Heisman candidate quarterbacks?

I'm guessing CBS gets choice #1 and then ESPN gets #2 and 3?

Tough Dawg
09-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Our fanbase kills me. All we have to do is get up a little earlier to tailgate and attend a football game, no big deal. Control what you can control! Those football players will adjust/adapt to the game time. Our coaches will adjust/adapt to the game time.

If you have a problem with waking up early because of Bulldog Bash then don't go to Bulldog Bash or just don't stay out all night. I'd expect this would most effect our students.

We can control the level of excitement in the stadium, not the game time. Quit being soft.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Oh and here's a thought...

IF our fanbase and students know the importance of atmosphere and home field advantage...well, you have 2 weeks to prepare for an early bedtime Friday night and early rise on Saturday. We just can't allow the game time play a factor.

I agree with this, and it's good that we have an off week. It's OK for the fan base to be pissed about this today, by Wednesday, hopefully everyone will have come to grips with this and are ready move on and be loud.

We'll be fine, but it does suck

Dawg496
09-22-2014, 11:06 AM
The problem isn't getting up early, I will wake up at 3 AM if we can move the game to 6 PM. The problem is that this will put a huge damper on our atmosphere and our students won't be as understanding about getting to bed early and getting up earlier, especially on Bulldog Bash, the biggest party of the year.

YoungB
09-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm disappointed we didn't get the prime time game, but I guess I am missing it on the outrage. Did we really get screwed?

CBS gets first pick and they chose #3 vs #10. That makes sense.

ESPN gets the next 2 picks and they have a choice of #5 vs #17 or #6 vs #14. One for day and one for night. We end up on the short end of that stick. I could see a potential argument but doesn't look egregious based on today's rankings.

drunkernhelldawg
09-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Bottom line is that this is gonna be a hell of a good football game. Could be the most points ever scored on Scott Field in an SEC game. I think 90 is a strong possibility. Wonder what the record is.

Salty
09-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Quit bellyaching. aTm may be getting busted in the chops by a hungry Ark team in the heat this Sat afternoon while our guys are resting up and preparing for the game.

This time slot also shortens the opponent's recovery/prep time/travel time. Advantage us.

DudyDawg
09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm pumped about the game, don't get me wrong. But this sucks and there's no way around it.

It not only sucks to be up for a game that early but having it the morning after our biggest party of the fall is ridiculous. Students won't skip bulldog bash, and if you're like me and live in the district, you won't be able to go to sleep early even if you do skip due to noise from people/concerts. Couple that with the gates opening at 830 am and lots of students having to go in that early. That's gonna suck. But I'll smuggle in champagne this time and have mimosas at 9 in DWS. Shitty situation. But go dogs

MaroonDawg25
09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
This means the band will warm up at 9 a.m. Dang that's early to be playing...

MafiaDawg
09-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Make the best of it and control the controllable. If your a wimp and can't go, get your tickets to a state fan who can. Sack up and realize crying isn't going to help. This team is different. The fans need to start acting like it.

1bigdawg
09-22-2014, 11:12 AM
CBS picks first. Then ESPN picks. Alabama is a big national draw. LSU is a national name and Auburn played for the BCS championship last year and they are playing each other. I don't like it, but do understand.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 11:13 AM
My attitude is beginning to turn.

I hope it's hot and we run it right up A&M's ass till their defense pukes. WE WILL MAKE THEIR ASS QUIT IN THIS GAME.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 11:14 AM
And for those of us who drive back and forth on the same day, we'll have to leave about 530-6. You're damn well right we should be pissed.

WinningIsRelentless
09-22-2014, 11:14 AM
It sucks but it is the perfect time for our marketing ad to step it up a level. Market the hell out of this game and offer everyone an incentive for getting into the stadium early. Maybe if you are in the gates by 1015 with a cowbell you get a free biscuit and drink.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 11:16 AM
The one thing I do love about 11:00 AM games is that you get to get in the clubhouse with the lead.

There is nothing better than winning a big game at 11:00 and getting to sit on your couch or at your tailgate all day watching teams get beat and listening to people talk about you.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 11:16 AM
WMD, you're not thinking conspiracy theory here? Because now I am. Can't let ol' MSU get too uppity.

No conspiracy theory, just utter incompetence. By the ESPN, the SEC, and probably Scott for not being proactive and lobbying the network execs for us to be a primetime game.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Heard it mentioned that CBS broadcasted something like 23 Florida games when Tebow was there.

I think the SEC should set a rule about how many times a team can be shown on CBS.

Completely agree, Flab. It's ridiculous how they go to the same 4-5 schools every damn year.

FlabLoser
09-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Enough of the negative attitude. Be positive. Hell,be happy about what this team has done

Agree. It sucks. Let's get over it. I can see the whining and bitching going on for a little bit. But let's get over it quick.

This is the biggest game on our campus in a long, long time. Let's pack DWS and yell like hell.

Hail State.

shrimp
09-22-2014, 11:20 AM
No conspiracy theory, just utter incompetence. By the ESPN, the SEC, and probably Scott for not being proactive and lobbying the network execs for us to be a primetime game.

You should complain more. You don't complain near enough.

DudyDawg
09-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Agree. It sucks. Let's get over it. I can see the whining and bitching going on for a little bit. But let's get over it quick.

This is the biggest game on our campus in a long, long time. Let's pack DWS and yell like hell.

Hail State.

How much will this change your attendance calculator

RattStevens
09-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Larry Templeton strikes again.

maroonmania
09-22-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm telling this is a HUGE deal. Changes the entire atmosphere of the game and the crowd. I'm sure A&M is happy though.

RattStevens
09-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm telling this is a HUGE deal. Changes the entire atmosphere of the game and the crowd. I'm sure A&M is happy though.

It will be Snow Bowl 2012 all over again.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Larry Templeton strikes again.

Sad because it's probably true.

On a related note, I was within 5 feet of Templeton at the UAB game. It took much restraint to not snuff him right then and there.

PMDawg
09-22-2014, 11:30 AM
That's going to be rough on students to get up (figuratively and literally) for that. That's ridiculous

I hope it's not hot again. Our wussy students will be gone at half time.

Percho
09-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Quit bellyaching. aTm may be getting busted in the chops by a hungry Ark team in the heat this Sat afternoon while our guys are resting up and preparing for the game.

This time slot also shortens the opponent's recovery/prep time/travel time. Advantage us.

And #10 above your post may have more than they want against lowly Memphis.

RBritt
Load up the student section on some Kenny Powers Powder and let em turn up.

WinningIsRelentless
Dan can use this for motivation for the team. The whole "They Still Don't Respect Us" speech and hell show them the 2000 11 am state Florida game.

Mjoelner34
This just in.

For Oct. 11th:
Auburn at Mississippi State (8:15am CT am radio broadcast only)

College of Charleston at Vanderbilt (2:30pm CT CBS)

Louisiana Monroe at Kentucky (6pm CT ESPN)

NashDawgMan
09-22-2014, 11:32 AM

no--Gameday wil be in Oxford for the Bama game, prob 2:30 game. Unless we get lucky and the Memphis Tigers can pull the upset--they've certainly done it to them before

drunkernhelldawg
09-22-2014, 11:34 AM

Big name teams play at 11 every Saturday. It's not unusual at all, even though this is an exceptional matchup. Still, if you look at the slate, it's easy to understand why we end up where we are. ESPN wanted us, so they got us. I don't think it should affect our game.

PMDawg
09-22-2014, 11:36 AM
You should complain more. You don't complain near enough.

+1

codeDawg
09-22-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm disappointed we didn't get the prime time game, but I guess I am missing it on the outrage. Did we really get screwed?

ESPN gets the next 2 picks and they have a choice of #5 vs #17 or #6 vs #14. One for day and one for night. We end up on the short end of that stick. I could see a potential argument but doesn't look egregious based on today's rankings.

This is exactly it. Bama is the highest ranked SEC team, so they get the CBS game. Auburn's defending NC status gets them prime time. Let's just win one of those and we can bitch next year.

DudyDawg
09-22-2014, 11:41 AM

Nice one!!

LC Dawg
09-22-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree that we just have to deal with this and make it one hell of an atmosphere despite the time but decisions like this affect us more than a lot of schools. A lot of our fans live more than an hour away from Starkville. I would say a lot live 2+ hours away.
As far as myself, I have to watch my daughter cheer Friday night so I can make the 3 hour drive to Starkville after the high school game Friday or get up at the crack of dawn Saturday. Unless I come across an 8 ball of coke there is no way I won't be tired. It sucks but it is what it is. I plan on using every last ounce of energy cheering and then I will just crash for the rest of the day.

AROB44
09-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Sad because it's probably true.

On a related note, I was within 5 feet of Templeton at the UAB game. It took much restraint to not snuff him right then and there.

Why in the HELL did you let that opportunity pass !!!

TUSK
09-22-2014, 11:43 AM

Are you suggesting it's Bama's/sec's fault that y'all are on national tv at 11 in your newly renovated stadium?

thunderclap
09-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Un17ingreal

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 11:47 AM
The other positive thing about an 11:00 AM kick, is it kinda gives us an extra day off before playing Auburn. Our guys will likely wake up Sunday refreshed, while Auburn's players will be tired from a late night.

I know that seems meaningless, but, in prep for Auburn, any extra energy our players have to spend in the film room is probably a good thing.

IMissJack
09-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Crowd wii be down in number. SEC needs to figure this out. No reason the third best game gets worse time than 4th and 5th best on SEC network.

maroonmania
09-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Big name teams play at 11 every Saturday. It's not unusual at all, even though this is an exceptional matchup. Still, if you look at the slate, it's easy to understand why we end up where we are. ESPN wanted us, so they got us. I don't think it should affect our game.

And the home field advantage of those big name teams are diminished as well although most of the teams affected you are talking about are in the ET zone so its actually 12:00. Would have been much better if we could have gotten onto the SEC Network slot than this.

Dawgbite
09-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Nothing to see here. First for the old folks, change your tailgate menu to a breakfast/brunch menu. Its never too early to start drinking beer. Second for the students, stay up drinking all night after Bulldawg Bash. Don't even go to bed. Show up for the game soused after an all nighter. I know that's a lot to ask from 18-21 year olds but sometimes you must put the needs of the many ahead of the needs of the few, or one!

maroonmania
09-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Crowd wii be down in number. SEC needs to figure this out. No reason the third best game gets worse time than 4th and 5th best on SEC network.

Point is, assuming A&M beats Arkansas, our game theoretically SHOULD be the 2nd best game available. Realize team name recognition plays a big part in their selections though.

drunkernhelldawg
09-22-2014, 11:58 AM
And the home field advantage of those big name teams are diminished as well although most of the teams affected you are talking about are in the ET zone so its actually 12:00. Would have been much better if we could have gotten onto the SEC Network slot than this.

ESPN is just not going to pick USC/Kentucky over MSU/Texas AM. Only USC and Kentucky fans would make that choice.

Johnson85
09-22-2014, 12:02 PM

Not only that, but why would ESPN not want a good game at the 11:00 time slot? There's still a ton of people watching football that early and they can lock up good ratings with a good game. If I were ESPN, I'd want the biggest game in prime time, the second biggest game at 2:30, and the third biggest game at 11am.

It sucks for the fans and the team that loses a little bit of home field advantage, but it seems like we should see a lot of good games in the 11:00 am time slot.

maroonmania
09-22-2014, 12:14 PM
ESPN is just not going to pick USC/Kentucky over MSU/Texas AM. Only USC and Kentucky fans would make that choice.

And USC and Kentucky fans are very grateful for that this morning.

TheRef
09-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Dear Lord, man.....

TUSK
09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Wow.

Dawgface
09-22-2014, 12:49 PM

Makes sense. For me, its actually a good time. I will be on the coast and have friends coming in late afternoon. So in my little world.......it works.

CJDAWG85
09-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Oh well... Just means I'll be drinking whiskey a little earlier than usual.

Maroonthirteen
09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
First, I'll take tickets from anyone that doesn't want to go.

Second, it is NOT about records or matchups. It is about TVs, viewers.... MSU is in a small population state that is divided about 4 ways. Regardless of records, USC, LSU, AU etc bring more potential viewers. It is a money game. Plain and simple.

Churchill
09-22-2014, 02:13 PM
aTm has more potential viewers than 40% of the SEC combined