PDA

View Full Version : Bye week, so the other Elephant ( not TUSK) in the room talk,

Alldawg
09-22-2014, 08:51 AM
No matter how the season progresses, the win in Death Valley was huge in more ways than one. A night win over the Tigers, a top 10 ( yes TEN ) win, and a dominated game. Not only was I shocked, I came away very impressed with the way the offense and the defense played. That may have been one of Mullen's best games as coach. The first three wins are an afterthought and no one will ever talk about the rotations again. Dak and JRob gave the tiger fans a lot of ammo towards Les for allowing the instate talent to fly under his watch. Last but not least, the pollsters took notice and the stars are aligned.
On to the Elephant in the room, or some may say the monkey on his back. The 2014 Dawgs are sitting at #14 with a win over #8 LSU. After week 5, look for at least one or a two spot bump to #12 or #13.
In my opinion, Texas A$M will be the toughest battle on paper. They present the most dangerous passing attack in the country IMO. Hypothetically a loss to A$M will happen. Auburn, who could be a top 5 team will be the next challenge. Keep in mind, this is all hypothetical. A loss to Auburn many could say may be expected and not a season defining loss. After a climb to #13, some of the wind has began to leak and they have dropped out of the polls. Lets say the we go into the next three games and finish 2-1 against Kentucky, Arkansas, and UT Martin. We are not sitting at 6-3. The next three games we finish the season 1-2 against Alabama, Vandy, and OM. 7-5 is the outcome. No matter how LSU finishes the season, what would your thoughts be on Mullen.

Again, it is an off week and just looking for a good topic.

joedog
09-22-2014, 08:57 AM
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/attachments/xdtalk-chatter-box/27749d1399960047-apple-helping-hide-police-wrong-doings-wat.png

K9 Avenger
09-22-2014, 09:01 AM
That's awful

BeardoMSU
09-22-2014, 09:02 AM
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chris-rock-huh-face.gif
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Morgan-Freeman-Shocked-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2530.gif

engie
09-22-2014, 09:03 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

DownwardDawg
09-22-2014, 09:03 AM
No matter how the season progresses, the win in Death Valley was huge in more ways than one. A night win over the Tigers, a top 10 ( yes TEN ) win, and a dominated game. Not only was I shocked, I came away very impressed with the way the offense and the defense played. That may have been one of Mullen's best games as coach. The first three wins are an afterthought and no one will ever talk about the rotations again. Dak and JRob gave the tiger fans a lot of ammo towards Les for allowing the instate talent to fly under his watch. Last but not least, the pollsters took notice and the stars are aligned.
On to the Elephant in the room, or some may say the monkey on his back. The 2014 Dawgs are sitting at #14 with a win over #8 LSU. After week 5, look for at least one or a two spot bump to #12 or #13.
In my opinion, Texas A$M will be the toughest battle on paper. They present the most dangerous passing attack in the country IMO. Hypothetically a loss to A$M will happen. Auburn, who could be a top 5 team will be the next challenge. Keep in mind, this is all hypothetical. A loss to Auburn many could say may be expected and not a season defining loss. After a climb to #13, some of the wind has began to leak and they have dropped out of the polls. Lets say the we go into the next three games and finish 2-1 against Kentucky, Arkansas, and UT Martin. We are not sitting at 6-3. The next three games we finish the season 1-2 against Alabama, Vandy, and OM. 7-5 is the outcome. No matter how LSU finishes the season, what would your thoughts be on Mullen.

This is possibly the worst post ever on Elite Dawgs. Just turrible.

BeardoMSU
09-22-2014, 09:04 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

Hammer time?

http://media2.giphy.com/media/kgKrO1A3JbWTK/giphy.gif

LiterallyPolice
09-22-2014, 09:07 AM
"Gentlemen, let's go ahead and address the elephant in the room: What if a zombie apocalypse takes over Starkville?"

DownwardDawg
09-22-2014, 09:18 AM
"Gentlemen, let's go ahead and address the elephant in the room: What if a zombie apocalypse takes over Starkville?"

I'm so ready!!!

TheRef
09-22-2014, 09:18 AM

I'm headed on top of the scoreboard on Davis Wade. We all know Zombies can't climb ladders.

BulldogDX55
09-22-2014, 09:19 AM

Hunker down in Walmart- guns and dry goods for days.

Coach34
09-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Everybody talks about A&M's passing game...ok

Somebody needs to explain to me how A&M is going to stop us from scoring 50
on them. Cause LSU is better on D than A&M is

tupelopix
09-22-2014, 09:56 AM

This is my thinking too. They're gonna score points, but can they stop us from out scoring them? And after playing a physical Arkansas team this weekend with us on a bye, will our front 7 be able to completely maul them by the 4th quarter and disrupt their passing game? I like our chances on this one at home even with our perceived secondary issues.

SignalToNoise
09-22-2014, 09:59 AM
A former Aggie coworker text me said that that A&M has a defense now so we won't "score many points."

I guess that's his highly educated opinion after they shredded Rice and SMU in back to back games.

GreenheadDawg
09-22-2014, 10:04 AM
A former Aggie coworker text me said that that A&M has a defense now so we won't "score many points."

I guess that's his highly educated opinion after they shredded Rice and SMU in back to back games.

They do lead the SEC in sacks but I haven't watched them play but one game so I can't really form an opinion on them. I know the win against SC is way less impressive now that you see how good SC is. One of the worst defenses in the SEC

Rick Danko
09-22-2014, 10:05 AM

MaxedOutMaroon
09-22-2014, 10:09 AM
I could see Arkansas wearing aTm's defense down. I say aTm comes out with a win over Arkansas, but not without a fight. Therefore, our chances will increase from that in my opinion. By no means am I saying we will win or lose, just saying our chances increases with them playing Arkansas and us off. And to the original post... No comment

Johnson85
09-22-2014, 10:11 AM

Turnovers and/or the a lesser ability to make up for negative yardage plays. Even tough we looked to be pretty good at the big play against LSU, I would say A&M is better able to recover from negative plays. If we have some turnovers early or just some bad series that allows A&M to get a couple of touchdown lead, we may have trouble keeping up the intensity. The main reason I think we will lose to A&M is that Dan always has one or two series of WTF play calling per game. Maybe those plays are called with the intent to set something up for later, but this is the one game where I don't think we can afford that.

Honestly, if I were Collins, I think I might try to press everybody at the line of scrimmage and go a lot of man, and just accept that we're going to give up some big scoring plays. They're going to score regardless, so might as well play for some turnovers and also hopefully some quick 3 and outs.

shoeless joe
09-22-2014, 10:12 AM

This is why I've gone from thinking we have no chance to thinkin we could be victorious in a shoot out.

MarketingBully01
09-22-2014, 10:18 AM

How about we start a new topic called "Could this possibly be the worst post in the history of Elite Dawgs?" And I would reply with "Yes, yes it is."

Coach34
09-22-2014, 10:19 AM
We also get 2 weeks to prepare for A&M. That's huge. And they won't run the ball on us- at all.

I love over our chances vs them

1bigdawg
09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Alldawg[/B];252818]

Troll

Chip
09-22-2014, 10:23 AM
I agree with MaxedOutMaroon. I see A&M winning the Arkansas game - barely. Arkansas will run, run & run again, controlling the time of possession clock and keeping the ball out of the hands of A&M's offense. A&M may win, but it will be close. And that Arkansas running game will batter and bruise them up front. State will run the ball as well as Arkansas against the bruised A&M front, and will also have an effective game through the air. They will be as prepared and hyped as they were for the game in BR. Dak is as good or better than A&M's Hill. This may be the only game A&M plays in the regular season against a team that has a QB as good or better than theirs - the most important position on the field. That coupled with a defensive front seven that will put pressure on Hill - and quite frankly we may be the toughest team A&M faces all season. They'd better buckle their chin straps...

Dak had his coming out party in Baton Rouge. He will earn nation-wide sports world name recognition if he has the same type of game and leads the team to beating A&M.

MarketingBully01
09-22-2014, 10:24 AM
We also get 2 weeks to prepare for A&M. That's huge. And they won't run the ball on us- at all.

I love over our chances vs them

They are one dimensional only passing. LSU for instance will shut A&M down again this year as well.

MarketingBully01
09-22-2014, 10:26 AM
I agree with MaxedOutMaroon. I see A&M winning the Arkansas game - barely. Arkansas will run, run & run again, controlling the time of possession clock and keeping the ball out of the hands of A&M's offense. A&M may win, but it will be close. And that Arkansas running game will batter and bruise them up front. State will run the ball as well as Arkansas against the bruised A&M front, and will also have an effective game through the air. They will be as prepared and hyped as they were for the game in BR. Dak is as good or better than A&M's Hill. This may be the only game A&M plays in the regular season against a team that has a QB as good or better than theirs - the most important position on the field. That coupled with a defensive front seven that will put pressure on Hill - and quite frankly we may be the toughest team A&M faces all season. They'd better buckle their chin straps...

Dak had his coming out party in Baton Rouge. He will earn nation-wide sports world name recognition if he has the same type of game and leads the team to beating A&M.

A&M's secondary is terrible. He will put up 300+ passing on them.