PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to Death Valley

LC Dawg
09-22-2014, 07:54 AM
My brother still has my late father's 1994 Crown Vic. It's white with a maroon interior. We decided since we hadn't beat the Tigers since the 90's we would take it to the game. I also have a lot of old State shirts so I chose one that I know I've owned since the '90s and wore it. You can't really tell from the picture but there are holes all around the lettering of the shirt. My brother and I and two others loaded up Saturday morning looking forward to a great day. Right after we got on I-12 at Hammond the right rear tire exploded on the car. I'm pretty sure it had been on it since the '90s. We got the tiny spare on and it had virtually no air in it. We limped along the side of the interstate for about a mile and found some air. We bought a new tire in Denham Springs and headed out again to the game. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful except for some reason my Bulldogs went into Death Valley and dominated the Tigers like I've never seen before.
I was at the '98 Arkansas game and the SEC Championship game and the game Saturday night is right up there with them. The last two teams to do that were ranked #1. Enjoy it Bulldogs. I just thought I'd share that my late dad's '94 maroon and white Crown Vic was part of the win.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/jcattdawg/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20140921-00424_zpsde79fd75.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/jcattdawg/Mobile%20Uploads/14113453093001_zps64e3efb8.jpg

State82
09-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Cool throwbacks!

BulldogBear
09-22-2014, 08:48 AM
See, what you did here? You distracted the dead indians.**** Now, you have to drive this car to all the games.

BulldogDX55
09-22-2014, 09:21 AM
See, what you did here? You distracted the dead indians.**** Now, you have to drive this car to all the games.

Nope. Clearly he needs a car that was made in the last year that we beat a team at a certain location. We've never beaten A&M at home, so it looks like a 2000 will have to do.

BulldogBear
09-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Nope. Clearly he needs a car that was made in the last year that we beat a team at a certain location. We've never beaten A&M at home, so it looks like a 2000 will have to do.

I don't have one so someone else will have to do it!

LiterallyPolice
09-22-2014, 09:32 AM
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful except for some reason my Bulldogs went into Death Valley and dominated the Tigers like I've never seen before.

Loved this part. Just another Saturday night.

FlabLoser
09-22-2014, 09:51 AM
This needs to be LC Dawg's official gameday-mobile. Every week, this is it. It just needs a collection of good MSU bumper stickers on the back.

BogeyGolfer
09-22-2014, 10:10 AM
This needs to be LC Dawg's official gameday-mobile. Every week, this is it. It just needs a collection of good MSU bumper stickers on the back.

Happened to the guy with the minivan with all the state stickers? It may have been on SPS but his name was BulldogJeff or something like that. Actually, it would be cool to have a thread of everyone explaining their game day superstitions and/ or man- caves with state gear.

LC Dawg
09-22-2014, 10:33 AM
The Crown Vic may be used up. It takes a lot of juju to overcome that many years of losing in Death Valley. We may have to let her rest.
Someone needs to still have what they drove to the Snow Bowl in 2000 and drive it to Starkville for the A&M game. And take Jackie with them for good measure.