PDA

View Full Version : In case you didn't see the cover of Sports Illustrated

Todd4State
05-25-2013, 10:06 PM
It had a picture of the Cardinals rotation on it with an article talking about how the Cardinals are the best organization in baseball.

Carry on Braves fans, and thanks for Adam Wainwright.

msstate7
05-25-2013, 10:09 PM
It had a picture of the Cardinals rotation on it with an article talking about how the Cardinals are the best organization in baseball.

Carry on Braves fans, and thanks for Adam Wainwright.

I wouldn't argue with cardinals being best organization in baseball. Their results speak for themselves. That said, we're gonna get ya this year (I hope)...

War Machine Dawg
05-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Head-to-head results say differently the last few years. And yes, you got Wainwright from us. Congrats. It's one of the very few bad trades we've made in the last decade. Only one worse I can think of is the Tex deal. You got lucky.

Todd4State
05-25-2013, 10:34 PM
The Cardinals have had winning seasons against the Braves two out of the past three years, with last year being the exception- but of course, the Cardinals won the one that counted.

I don't think the Drew trade gets made if he wasn't from Georgia. I could probably say the same about Texiera. I think they were hoping that him being from the area that they might get a hometown discount.

War Machine Dawg
05-25-2013, 10:47 PM
You know the trade sucks when I didn't even remember who we got for you in return. JD Drew. D'oh!

Seriously though, I have no animosity for the Cards. So long as they aren't playing the Braves, I generally root for them. I was really hoping you guys would draft Stratton last season so I'd have another reason to like you guys. Plus, I'd eventually get to see him pitch in Memphis.

Todd4State
05-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I wanted Stratton too. They had a chance to get him, but I can't complain since the used the pick to draft Michael Wacha who will probably be up at the end of the year and will be in the rotation very soon- probably as soon as Westbrook leaves for free agency.

If I were them, I would look to trade Lance Lynn to someone. People need starting pitchers, but while he was an all-star last year, he is not dominating.

If Hunter Renfroe falls to them, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they took him. The Cardinals like players that are versatile, and Hunter has the option of being converted to catcher or closer as well. They actually need a shortstop more than anything, and they may get the guy from Stephen F. Austin- Hunter Dozier.