PDA

View Full Version : Espn now has us projected to the Outback Bowl

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2014, 08:52 PM
For comparison, the bears are projected to the Music City.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 08:54 PM
The meltdown would be epic if we finished out the year 11-1 or 10-2 and those douchebags tanked and went 6-6

Homedawg
09-21-2014, 09:18 PM
The meltdown would be epic if we finished out the year 11-1 or 10-2 and those douchebags tanked and went 6-6

They aren't going 6-6. But your scenario would be nice for sure.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 09:25 PM
They aren't going 6-6. But your scenario would be nice for sure.

Obviously not, that's why I said it would be epic if it happened. Don't think it will. They will be 8-3 at worst coming to the EB in my opinion.

curmudgeon
09-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Go ahead and get your reality meter adjusted, because this is going to be hard for some folks.

The Outback and Music City Bowls, as well as the Liberty, Gator, Belk and Texas Bowls, are all considered equal at this point.

All have SEC vs. Big Five tie-ins, and all have a $3 million payout.

The Compass Bowl in Birmingham has a non-Big Five and a lower payout ($900k for the SEC team, $750k for the AAC team).

Conversely, the Capital One Bowl is still a notch above, and gets the first available SEC and Big Ten pick after the committee picks, and has a $6 million payout.

The selection committee will actually place six bowl games. The Big 5 conference champions, along with the highest rated non-Big five conference champion are guaranteed one of the big games that pay over $10 MM. The six games will always be the Peach, Cotton and the four BCS bowl games. This year the Rose and Sugar Bowls will be the national semifinal, and the other four games will be marquee bowl games - essentially the old BCS games.

But anyway, its going to take some getting used to that Gator and Outback = Liberty in this new world.

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Obviously not, that's why I said it would be epic if it happened. Don't think it will. They will be 8-3 at worst coming to the EB in my opinion.

Disagree. Think they could easily come in with 4-5 losses.

Dawgface
09-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Espn must not be aware of the Outback ban of our school.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 09:44 PM
But anyway, its going to take some getting used to that Gator and Outback = Liberty in this new world.

Agreed, but at least it's a decent Big 12 matchup nowadays, rather than a CUSA game.

Smitty
09-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Espn must not be aware of the Outback ban of our school.

Or my ban on Outback

blacklistedbully
09-21-2014, 10:30 PM

They could actually be 7-4 fairly easily, losses to Bama, LSU, aTm, Arky coming into the Egg Bowl. For that matter, I wouldn't put money on them beating Memphis, even with the week off to prepare. Yes, they should handle Memphis, but memphis may not be the pushover they usually are, and Ole Miss has shown serious holes in their game all year.

They are going to get stomped by Bama. LSU and Arky may well run roughshod over them, and aTm is a much better offense, IMO.

Really don't see how you see 3 losses as their floor.

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 11:16 PM

I assume you're trolling them, but I think 7-5 is their ceiling. More likely 6-6 or worse. Can't run, can't stop the run. Bad combo in the SEC.

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 11:20 PM
For comparison, the bears are projected to the Music City.

As for us to the Outback, ugh. Tampa is a loooooong damn way. No way I could afford to go, most likely.

I'd murder someone for the Peach. We haven't been there in forever, and it's awesome. Best of all the bowls we've been to in the last 20 years, imo. They treat us well, we carry huge crowds, and there's a ton of stuff to do in Atlanta. Plus, you've got the Dome rendering weather moot. Wouldn't mind Dallas and the Cotton, either.

yjnkdawg
09-22-2014, 01:31 AM

In a preseason office poll, I picked OM and us both going 8-3 into the EB and OM finishing at 8-4 and us at 9-3. It would be great if I was wrong and OM goes 4-8 and us go 11-1.

Reason2succeed
09-22-2014, 06:54 AM
I still can't believe we are 1-0 and we've already taken down one of the big boys. We still have ATM, auburn, and bammer but we are well on our way. After what I saw I'm not dismissing the possibility of a spot in the playoff if we continue to play at such a high level.

starkvegasdawg
09-22-2014, 07:33 AM
In a preseason office poll, I picked OM and us both going 8-3 into the EB and OM finishing at 8-4 and us at 9-3. It would be great if I was wrong and OM goes 4-8 and us go 11-1.

I don't think they will be 4-8 but I also don't think they will be 8-3. If I were to do a % chance of them winning the games on the rest of their schedule like we did for ours it would go like this:

Memphis - 85%
Alabama - 5%
@A&M - 25%
UT - 50%
@LSU - 20%
Auburn - 45%
Presbyterian - 99%
@Arkansas - 25%

At worst, I have them with 5 wins coming into the Egg Bowl. At best - 7. I think we will stomp a mud hold in them and their final regular season record is between 5-7 and 7-5. Bucky is put on a massive hot seat and the boosters start raiding ATM machines in an effort to do all they know to do when football is down.

Offshore Dawg
09-22-2014, 08:38 AM
I still can't believe we are 1-0 and we've already taken down one of the big boys. We still have ATM, auburn, and bammer but we are well on our way. After what I saw I'm not dismissing the possibility of a spot in the playoff if we continue to play at such a high level.

Lets get past A&M first. They are another big test as was LSU.