PDA

View Full Version : Everyone saying Harris is better qb for LSU after our game....

whosyourdawgy
09-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Why? Because he came in against a prevent defense w a 3 man rush and completed 2 passes? He didn't see our regular defense one time did he? I hate the damn prevent defense w a passion. We were completely dominating their asses. Why should we change a damn thing even though we were up by 3 scores? Keep OUR defense and punish their asses in the ground. I guarantee Harris doesn't look nearly as good if he had One of our dlineman slamming his ass on the ground or a safety or corner blitz coming at him. I hope Mullen really meant that he learned from this game. Don't ever take your foot off of your opponent's neck if you got em down. Finish them off.

Tbonewannabe
09-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Jennings was getting hit on every play. We had a 3 man front with no blitz against Harris. Same shit we did with Auburn last year except we won.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Harris is going to be really good but we would have broken that kid in half. Just like we did Jennings.

EnterpriseDawg
09-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Yeah this argument is being played out to deminish what we accomplished last night. Whatever helps them sleep at night. As mentioned, he had max protection and thus an abundance of time to scan the field. Would have been different if he was put in before the game was well in hand. If not for the miscues of our backup center this would not be even discussed. Lessons learned hopefully.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Yea, I have laughed at LSU fans saying this. Jennings wasn't the problem....MSU was the problem. Harris came in against our prevent and threw a few good passes. He is not their answer at a great season.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2014, 08:11 PM
This is LSU we're talking about. They've never been beat. They've either played their worst game ever, the officials cheated, the other team cheated, the coaches played the wrong QB, etc.... Regardless, they've never been beat. Last night is not sitting well with them. They got pushed around by the new bully.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2014, 08:21 PM
They didn't get pushed around...they got pimpwhipped

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 08:32 PM
I hope they're right. I hope Harris leads them to a 9-3 or 10-2 season, because that really makes last night's win a feather in Dan's cap.

preachermatt83
09-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Exactly. Anybody can get yards against a prevent.

Goat Holder
09-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Ridiculous. Bears will come up with anything. Preston Smith would have eaten Harris.

Jennings won the job for a reason. We were coasting once Harris came in. I see this same argument over and over and over. It's stupid. If Harris had started we'd have probably beaten them WORSE.

maroonmania
09-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Yea, I have laughed at LSU fans saying this. Jennings wasn't the problem....MSU was the problem. Harris came in against our prevent and threw a few good passes. He is not their answer at a great season.

Plus our prevent just sucks. A prevent is SUPPOSE to prevent the big play and force a team to work its way down the field and use clock. Ours almost guarantees a big play because apparently our secondary thinks in prevent you don't actually have to cover anyone. You just stand back there in a spot I guess. Was appalled that Love let the LSU WR run right into the end zone behind him on the next to last TD without sticking with him. We have some real communication issues in our secondary even in our normal defense which scares the crap out of me for the A&M game but our prevent is even worse. Townsend and Hughes as coaches have a LOT of work to do.

whosyourdawgy
09-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Plus our prevent just sucks. A prevent is SUPPOSE to prevent the big play and force a team to work its way down the field and use clock. Ours almost guarantees a big play because apparently our secondary thinks in prevent you don't actually have to cover anyone. You just stand back there in a spot I guess. Was appalled that Love let the LSU WR run right into the end zone behind him on the next to last TD without sticking with him. We have some real communication issues in our secondary even in our normal defense which scares the crap out of me for the A&M game but our prevent is even worse. Townsend and Hughes as coaches have a LOT of work to do.

Prevent means keep everything in front of you. He was behind him on both of those td's

MarketingBully01
09-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Ridiculous. Bears will come up with anything. Preston Smith would have eaten Harris.

Jennings won the job for a reason. We were coasting once Harris came in. I see this same argument over and over and over. It's stupid. If Harris had started we'd have probably beaten them WORSE.

Goat, you are right on the money. All Harris is good at was the deep ball. He can't make the short to intermediate passes. And the early bombs they threw we made plays on them. My take would be if Harris had the nod we would have picked him off at least twice and they could have been in a deeper hole the way our D was playing early on. He also is not as mobile as Jennings.

maroonmania
09-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Prevent means keep everything in front of you. He was behind him on both of those td's

Exactly which is why I say there is some serious misunderstandings of responsibilities in our secondary when in the prevent and sometimes even in our regular defense. Don't know if CBs are at fault or often expecting safety help they don't get but something is not right back there.

Dog316
09-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Why? Because he came in against a prevent defense w a 3 man rush and completed 2 passes? He didn't see our regular defense one time did he? I hate the damn prevent defense w a passion. We were completely dominating their asses. Why should we change a damn thing even though we were up by 3 scores? Keep OUR defense and punish their asses in the ground. I guarantee Harris doesn't look nearly as good if he had One of our dlineman slamming his ass on the ground or a safety or corner blitz coming at him. I hope Mullen really meant that he learned from this game. Don't ever take your foot off of your opponent's neck if you got em down. Finish them off.

^^^^^

This

BulldogBear
09-22-2014, 08:35 AM
My thoughts about anyone saying Harris is better is that it is a back door or backhanded excuse for why we beat them. "Oh, no, we used the wrong QB."

Dawgface
09-22-2014, 08:47 AM
If I were in their shoes, I would probably feel the same way. Not uncommon to look for positives in a butt whipping.

Johnson85
09-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Jennings won the job for a reason.

It may not have been a good reason with Miles making the decision. I don't know if Harris is better, but he certainly can make throws that Jennings can't, and if they want to do better than 8-4, they have to do something different. Maybe Harris is terrible, but i would put the odds just as good that whatever made Les Miles think Jordan Jefferson was a better option than Jarrett Lee is also causing him to choose Jennings over Harris. LSU's defense is simply not good enough to make personnel decisions like that this year.