PDA

View Full Version : my only concern......

Pokerdawg44
09-21-2014, 06:55 PM
To me its not our dbs, its the Back up rb. I love JRob but I personally think Shump should be olb and Holloway just isn't serviceable. Nick G is a great leader but post injuries isn't what we need. Its time to pull the redshirt off Williams. With dak being like a rb its not a huge issue but I think we need Williams for depth. Its nice to worry about a back up spot than the actual starter spot but you need 2 quality rbs in this day and age.

On a positive note JRob is freaking monster and we actually have a shot of winning sec and making the playoffs.

DudyDawg
09-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Again, shump had three carries and at least one was with the back up line (right before the snap over daks head). Why all the talk to move a true soph who has barely gotten chances

Pokerdawg44
09-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Again, shump had three carries and at least one was with the back up line (right before the snap over daks head). Why all the talk to move a true soph who has barely gotten chances

I hope im wrong about Shump. I've been excited about him since he arrived but through these 4 games he doesn't seem ready to be a solid back up rb. Saying he needs to be moved to olb is probably jumping the gun. I just don't see him contributing too much this year.

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I won't lie, I was actually impressed with the carry Shump got down near the goal line. He ran hard, made a nice move, but kept going north-south. But there is definitely a huge drop-off from J-Beast to everyone else. And that's probably because of just how awesome J-Beast is, once you start looking at it. Let this sink in: J-Beast is currently 2nd in the SEC in rushing and has more yards than He15man candidate Todd Gurley.

thf24
09-21-2014, 07:28 PM
I'd bet Shump would have had a touchdown last night if not for the false start after the play inside the 10 where he drug several defenders three or four more yards than he should have gotten. I don't think he looks like an every-down feature back at this point, but he's great for short yardage and as a fullback in the few sets we use one. He has a place in the backfield and he'll stay there.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Of all games to complain about Shump...last night was not it. He looked good on his few carries, and anyone saying otherwise about last night, has an agenda. HE IS NOT MOVING TO DEFENSE....so everyone might as well get used to it. He is a serviceable back and a good change of pace, and our top two RB's are Dak and JRob.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 07:34 PM
I'd bet Shump would have had a touchdown last night if not for the false start after the play inside the 10 where he drug several defenders three or four more yards than he should have gotten. I don't think he looks like an every-down feature back at this point, but he's great for short yardage and as a fullback in the few sets we use one. He has a place in the backfield and he'll stay there.

Great post.

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 07:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

EdDawg
09-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Shump is a decent backup and that's all we need right now. When J-beast needs a breathing Shump can come in and our running options then become Shump/Dak/Tubby which aren't bad options to say the least.

DudyDawg
09-21-2014, 08:11 PM
We probably can't complain much about the running game, but if it's anything it's running a scat back up the gut. Not shump. Other than his one fumble he has done nothing but be a good change of pace and give Robinson a breather. Let's talk about moving him when he gets 12 ish carries behind a 1a o line

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 08:15 PM
You're right, Dudy.

If someone wants to bitch about running backs, bitch about #10 getting too much playing time. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

Shump is a good RB, and will help us

DownwardDawg
09-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Shump is getting tough carries behind the 2nd team O-line. This will be good for him going forward. When he starts running behind the entire 1st team O-line, he will look a lot better.

DudyDawg
09-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Shump is getting tough carries behind the 2nd team O-line. This will be good for him going forward. When he starts running behind the entire 1st team O-line, he will look a lot better.

Agreed. Not to mention two of his runs were times when they stack the box (goal line and the one near the end). He's yet to get a decent number of first team carries when the defense isn't selling out for the run

msstate7
09-21-2014, 08:20 PM
If we run Shump in between the tackles, I think he can be effective. We've run him or he's turned plays outside the tackles and he's very ineffective there. When I look at shump, I think he's the type rb that needs about 15 carries to get going. He needs to wear defenses down. Unfortunately we can't and shouldn't give him that many carries

Bothrops
09-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Holloway should be moved back to receiver.

msstate7
09-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Holloway should be moved back to receiver.

He would never play.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2014, 08:26 PM
He should never play.

Fify

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Fify

+1