PDA

View Full Version : Who in the West scares you?

BogeyGolfer
09-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Bama is solid, but not the Bama of old and A&M is similar to last year but no JFF.... Auburn looks beatable. If we knock off A&M things could get interesting, men....

Johnson85
09-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Bama is solid, but not the Bama of old and A&M is similar to last year but no JFF.... Auburn looks beatable. If we knock off A&M things could get interesting, men....

A&M is the scariest. Then bama, then auburn. Bama and auburn would be close, but being at bama, plus cooper could give us nightmares, plus they'll continue to get better before we play them makes me think they'll be a tougher out.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2014, 06:08 PM

I think aTm is the toughest matchup for us, but I think they will lose a couple of games. Bama is obviously gonna be tough. They play very similar ball as we do. Very physical. We will beat Auburn handily in Starkvegas.

I agree about the aTm game. If we win that one........lookout!!!!

RC3
09-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Each team in the west is capable of beating us. I also think we capable of beating each and every one of them. Just not likely

TUSK
09-21-2014, 06:16 PM

there's not a truly "scary" team in the country, IMO... Everyone has a hole, this year...

tcdog70
09-21-2014, 06:19 PM
We better be scared of all of them. Even Ark. Can whip your ass.

Reason2succeed
09-21-2014, 06:23 PM
aTm is the obvious answer. Not just because they are the next game but because we haven't faced a vertical passing team like this. Sumlin will use quick throws to try to neutralize our dominance on the line. Our LBs and second have to come ready to cover. More importantly we need to RTGDFB like Dak and JRob did last night and keep their offense off the field. After that we matchup with Auburn and Bama very well.

Dawgcentral
09-21-2014, 06:32 PM
I think Bama is the biggest threat.

I feel like a win over A&M could propel us to great heights.

I feel confident in the Auburn game.

Vandy will be a victory.

We match up well with Arkansas.

Kentucky will be a challenge on the road, but we should win.

It's all about game prep, attitude, and injuries going into TSUN. That game is never a given.

MSUDawg4Life
09-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Everybody has their flaws, but Bama has fewer flaws than everybody else. With that said, Texas A&M is our next game ....

Political Hack
09-21-2014, 06:37 PM
we're going to beat 3 top ten teams back to back to back and be a lock for the playoffs when we roll into T-town.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Us. We can be our own worst enemy at times when the Miss State moment takes over. If we can avoid the Jekyll & Hyde syndrome we can beat anybody on our schedule. If I had to pick another team it has to be A&M because of their OL and passing attack.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Nobody "scares" me after last night....but if we don't bring it every week, every team in this brutal assed division is capable of beating us. (As we are of them)

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 06:54 PM
aTm. I think that's a tough matchup for us. That said, we're going to stuff their run game and force them to throw. And I feel good about Dak & the offense being able to score with them.

EnterpriseDawg
09-21-2014, 07:00 PM
No doubt A&M. Their D has improved, but after last night I'm confident we will score. Can we keep pace will be the question. Hopefully our front seven can force the qbs hand in a few erand throws and maybe take advantage of some turnovers. Good thing this one is at home.

Coach34
09-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Alabama is going to win the West...We will finish 2nd

TUSK
09-21-2014, 07:46 PM

Coach, did you catch any of the Bammer game?

I thought Sims looked legit...

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 08:04 PM

Y'all looked damn good. But I still refuse to concede we're going to lose to you bastards. I'm expecting a four quarter war in T-Town.

IMissJack
09-21-2014, 08:06 PM
I don't know who covers Cooper from Bama for us.

RC3
09-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Redmond. He covered Dural pretty good IMO.

TUSK
09-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Y'all looked damn good. But I still refuse to concede we're going to lose to you bastards. I'm expecting a four quarter war in T-Town.

Yall definitely have the front 7 to keep it competitive and the type O that oft times gives us fits...

we've got to get OJ Howard more involved and find a secondary rotation that's a little more consistent... otherwise, I can't really complain...

Coach34
09-21-2014, 08:11 PM

I thought he looked very good. And Kiffin looked much better as well with the playcalling.

I predicted Bama to win it before the season because your biggest games are at home- I see no reason to change that now

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Tusk, if your boys lose to Ole Miss I'm going to have a hard time welcoming you here. Take care of bidness

Tbonewannabe
09-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Tusk, who would you take in trade for Landon Collins? That guy is a beast. I think we have a Safety like that we could play with anyone.

TUSK
09-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Tusk, if your boys lose to Ole Miss I'm going to have a hard time welcoming you here. Take care of bidness

they concern me, quite honestly... good QB that's a lil mobile and really good WRs...

I'd like to think we could just run it 60x and leave with a 31-7 win...

Tbonewannabe
09-21-2014, 08:19 PM
This is the first time in a long time that we have a legitimate chance in T Town. We will have to play a great game but we actually don't need Bama to play bad to have a chance. For the last couple of years I thought Bama would have to have an off game and us play perfect to have a chance to win. This team has the ability to beat Bama. If we can find a way to cover Cooper we have a great chance.

MarketingBully01
09-21-2014, 08:22 PM

Alabama. They have the most balanced offense in the SEC. Everyone else on offense is one dimensional except for us. Will be tough to beat them at Bryant Denny Stadium but I think our game with them will still be close.

TUSK
09-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Tusk, who would you take in trade for Landon Collins? That guy is a beast. I think we have a Safety like that we could play with anyone.

wow, that's a lot to ask for, man... I'd have to have Jones and a player to be named later.

MarketingBully01
09-21-2014, 08:25 PM
they concern me, quite honestly... good QB that's a lil mobile and really good WRs...

I'd like to think we could just run it 60x and leave with a 31-7 win...

Yeah, but they have no run game whatsoever so you can sell out to stop the pass. You guys also have a week off to prepare and add wrinkles to your defense. You guys win by at least 3 TDs I am thinking.

gravedigger
09-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Indians. And rattlers...wait..

Coach 57
09-21-2014, 08:39 PM
I think that aTm is the biggest hurdle because we don't I feel we match up AS well with them as we do with Bama, LSU, Arky & UM. They REALLY spread you out. It's a REAL passing spread not just a bubble screen here & there spread. They have a QB that if you play zone he's going to light you up! He can make ALL the throws! Bo can't. So it's aTm.

Tusk, in order to beat Bama you will have to run the ball against them. It will have to be a balance. UM has 2 problems. #1 they can't STOP the run. And #2 they aren't successful at running the ball between the OTs besides Bo keeping it on the zone stretch. Play cover 2, man press HARD in their WRs, coach DEs to keep eye discipline & LBs as well and run the ball. Do that and it shouldn't be that hard.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Everyone but OM.

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 08:42 PM
I think that aTm is the biggest hurdle because we don't I feel we match up AS well with them as we do with Bama, LSU, Arky & UM. They REALLY spread you out. It's a REAL passing spread not just a bubble screen here & there spread. They have a QB that if you play zone he's going to light you up! He can make ALL the throws! Bo can't. So it's aTm.

Tusk, in order to beat Bama you will have to run the ball against them. It will have to be a balance. UM has 2 problems. #1 they can't STOP the run. And #2 they aren't successful at running the ball between the OTs besides Bo keeping it on the zone stretch. Play cover 2, man press HARD in their WRs, coach DEs to keep eye discipline & LBs as well and run the ball. Do that and it shouldn't be that hard.

Love it when 57 posts. It's always good stuff.

Mutt the Hoople
09-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Bama and Texas A&M look skrong. Everyone talks about how Alabama doesn't have the players they had in the past. If you didn't notice, their QB passed for 450 yards against Florida (not the team they used to be, but their defense is supposed to be stout). Their running backs look hard to stop.

Texas A&M's QB is better than Manziel. He's the classic passer (and a pretty good runner) in the mold of what Kevin Sumlin wants in his system. Also, Sumlin has recruited some beasts on defense, and while they're not a classic SEC shut-down defense, they can certainly slow down some folks. Alabama's gonna rue the day they allowed Texas A&M into the SEC.

If Kansas State had a kicker, they'd have beaten Auburn. Auburn's good but beatable. Arkansas plays right into our wheelhouse with their power-run offense. ole miss? They have some playmakers, but their fan base is morally, spiritually, ethically, and genetically inferior.

TUSK
09-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Bama and Texas A&M look skrong. Everyone talks about how Alabama doesn't have the players they had in the past. If you didn't notice, their QB passed for 450 yards against Florida (not the team they used to be, but their defense is supposed to be stout). Their running backs look hard to stop.

Texas A&M's QB is better than Manziel. He's the classic passer (and a pretty good runner) in the mold of what Kevin Sumlin wants in his system. Also, Sumlin has recruited some beasts on defense, and while they're not a classic SEC shut-down defense, they can certainly slow down some folks. Alabama's gonna rue the day they allowed Texas A&M into the SEC.

If Kansas State had a kicker, they'd have beaten Auburn. Auburn's good but beatable. Arkansas plays right into our wheelhouse with their power-run offense. ole miss? They have some playmakers, but their fan base is morally, spiritually, ethically, and genetically inferior.

Bammer's skill positions are collectively the best I can remember. The OL isn't what '11 was, but who is?

The front 7 is big, fast and nasty... not as good as last 3 yrs, but still a top 5 unit... Safeties are pretty strong. If Eddie Jackson (CB) can stay healthy and Tony Brown (CB) matures, they are going to be a bitch to drive on.

The special teams are the most well rounded/complete/dangerous since Saban has been there...

That being said, we'll have 9 effin' turnovers inside the 5 and lose to Auburn 30-28 in OT.

msstate7
09-21-2014, 09:26 PM
I know aTm is a matchup nightmare for us; but I thought we defended them well last year just Manziel kept extending plays to hurt us. I'm really hoping with collins having 2 weeks and the loss of manziel's legs that we get enough stops to win this game.

JDog13
09-21-2014, 09:30 PM
None of yall are scared of the Chupacabra?

http://www.virtuescience.com/el-chupacabras.jpg

Political Hack
09-21-2014, 09:31 PM
I know aTm is a matchup nightmare for us; but I thought we defended them well last year just Manziel kept extending plays to hurt us. I'm really hoping with collins having 2 weeks and the loss of manziel's legs that we get enough stops to win this game.

we're a terrible match up for A&M too. They can run free in the secondary a lot, but they also need time to create those plays. I think we're going to have to gamble early and often. Sometimes it will work. Sometimes it won't. The game will be won if we can outscore them. That's just the way it is with them... The good news is we can remain balanced. I'm not sure they can. If we can use the clock to our advantage, we can win.

curmudgeon
09-21-2014, 09:37 PM
A&M and Ole Miss present the biggest matchup problems. We'll have to outscore A&M and Ole Miss' D will decide the Egg Bowl.

I think we roll Auburn and Alabama is beatable, but not in Tuscaloosa.

Arkansas is like LSU. They can't throw the ball. We'll win by 2 scores +

gravedigger
09-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Bama and om. Their d's havnt been as good as they will be later in the season. Teams that rely on big offense numbers will struggle vs us.

We will struggle vs teams that have solid defensive fronts. Bama and om have just that

Dawg61
09-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Honestly every team in the West scares me. Arkansas is much improved.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 12:11 AM

I told all of you the Bielema hire was a good one. His style of offense fits the Arkansas talent base perfectly. Big, nasty OLinemen and physical, fast RBs. Where they usually struggle is WR and QB. Solution? Go run heavy. Pass just enough to make you respect the threat, hit the occasional homer. Basically, the JWS MSU offense. Couldn't be a more perfect fit for them.

Dog316
09-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Each team in the west is capable of beating us. I also think we capable of beating each and every one of them. Just not likely

^^^^^^

Spot on.

Tdawg
09-22-2014, 09:10 AM

No team in the SECW scares me, and EVERY team in the SECW scares me. We can, literally, win every one of our remaining West games and lose every one of them. The SECW this year is as close to NFL parity in college football as anything I've ever seen. I don't think any team has less than a 30% chance to win any divisional game. Crazy.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2014, 09:17 AM

Arkansas is certainly much better, but, if there is one team that we match up best with, it's Arkansas. We are literally built as a team to beat Arkansas. We are the rock to their scissors.

FlabLoser
09-22-2014, 09:48 AM
We match up OK with Alabama. Not as well as we matched up with LSU, but Alabama is not a bad matchup for us.

aTm can blow out good teams. Their strengths are our weaknesses. This is our worst matchup and they could blow us out. Its going to be a track meet. I am encouraged that we played a competitive game last year @ Kyle Field. We are a lot better this year, but I think aTm is improved also.

Arkansas is a lot better than most people thing, but we match up really well with them. They are a run team and we have an elite run defense.

Ole Miss is still a gimmick offense that we can and have shut down. Did we hold them to a season low output last year? I think we did. Ole Miss's offensive line is horrible. Heck Bo might not even make it to late November.

DudyDawg
09-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Tamu. We don't match that style well. We will score too, and I think it'll be a shootout, but I don't see us stopping them straight up. If our secondary can make one or two big plays, we can win. But we will need to force turnovers and sacks to put them behind the eight ball. They aren't the kind of offense you can expect to make punt a lot. Hopefully we can rattle Hill and make a couple of picks. If not, we may be in trouble