PDA

View Full Version : Let's revisit a few observations

BeastMan
09-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Last week I posted this about how we matched up http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?20747-Let-s-talk-LSU

1. Talked about how Jennings doesn't throw picks but does take his eyes off his receivers when pressured. Anyone else notice this in our game? He was so rattled he couldn't throw the ball well even when he had time. I thought the DL was outstanding.

2. Talked about their WRs and how we needed to respect them, especially deep. I think the CBs played physical and limited their passing plays.

3. Their RBs don't scare me. 89 yards says I was right on that one. I also mentioned understanding the tendencies. I mentioned how they love sneaking the FB on short yardage. Remember the goal line? It was like Collin's knew what was coming...

4. Talked about their OL being legit. Would be a challenge for the DL but our depth would help unlike Wisconsin. MSU freaking dominated

5. Talked about LSU DL being better than folks giving credit and Dak needing to make them think. I'd say he did that plus some. The QB running game gashed them. Misdirection sand screens worked well also. Mullen dang near schemed their DEs out of the game.

6. Talked LB but see the answers to #5. They apply here too

7. Talked about LSU secondary and how MSU finally has the WR's to out-physical them. I'd say we did just that.

8. Talked special teams. I begged Sobes and he delivered. Also talked about the LSU punter. Dude was legit but I thought Bell answered him somewhat. Keehn kept MSU backed up with a 51 yard average. Bell only averaged 40 but punted well enough I thought

9. This one was about intangibles. Dak was the difference.

All in all, we pretty much nailed every match-up I listed. It was beautiful to watch. It was like every key to victory I identified was met.