PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Tiger Bait Edition.....

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Gents. the Tiger Bait Edition of ACQB is available at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2014/9/21/6693049/mississippi-state-bulldogs-34-lsu-tigers-29-wmd-armchair-qb). You know the drill. Click, read, comment. And Hail State!!!!!!

FlabLoser
09-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Folks need to remember Will Redmond hasn't played a full year of college football. He is a RFr disguised as a Jr.

justwin
09-21-2014, 02:22 PM
nice writeup. agree with everything.

on defense #3...Love is playing himself out of a starting role. He's been the weak link all year and I think it's because he's too nonchalant in pre-snap and the first part of the play. I don't see him in a focused squat stance pre-snap like I see Redmond, Cleveland, and Calhoun. So, he ends up letting the guy get by him and you just can't recover consistently in the SEC no matter how fast you are. It's like that "And 1" streetball style. He has the talent, but just needs to focus and use it.

on defense #4...glad to see Cleveland get some recognition. What a find last year in recruiting at the last hour. He always puts himself in position to make a play and is making most of them when they come his way. To me, our best CBs are Calhoun, Redmond, Cleveland, Love in that order. Love is in jeopardy of losing the starting nickel job too.

On Smokey, I got a feeling we're going to score a punt return TD in the next 2 weeks...

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Folks need to remember Will Redmond hasn't played a full year of college football. He is a RFr disguised as a Jr.

No doubt. I have no clue how Bracky Fife continues to remain employed for that BS.

sleepy dawg
09-21-2014, 02:33 PM
No doubt. I have no clue how Bracky Fife continues to remain employed for that BS.

hilarious

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Shameless self-promotion Sunday night bump.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Shameless Monday morning self-promotion bump.

TXDawg
09-22-2014, 09:11 AM
I loved seeing Bear break out. Not only did he make big play after big play, but his down-field block on Dak's 56-yard TD run was a thing of beauty. Dak cut to the sideline at around the 10 to allow Bear to set up the block and Bear absolutely destroyed the LSU DB at the 5. Talk about playing all the way through and giving relentless effort for the entire play. That block was made almost 50 yards down the field and I'm not convinced Dak would have scored without it.

Glad we have big, physical receivers who take pride in making plays like that.

BulldogBear
09-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Good write up. My hussler of the game would be Calhoun. I was absolutely stoked watching him read the reverse from the start. You can see him on the replay running hard down the line step for step with Dural. Other guys got him first but Calhoun was making sure that play went nowhere. There were several plays that could be the play of the game and many factors would go into deciding that. We killed their momentum every time they got any. Can we do a poll? I would nominate in no particular order:

-Dak 56 yard TD to answer the scoop and score
-goal line stand
-J-Beast going all DB on the would be pick-sixer
-Dak+Tubby+block+74 yards = Tigers start leaving DV
-Dak run for first down when we were inside our 2 on third down

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2014, 09:20 AM
I loved seeing Bear break out. Not only did he make big play after big play, but his down-field block on Dak's 56-yard TD run was a thing of beauty. Dak cut to the sideline at around the 10 to allow Bear to set up the block and Bear absolutely destroyed the LSU DB at the 5. Talk about playing all the way through and giving relentless effort for the entire play. That block was made almost 50 yards down the field and I'm not convinced Dak would have scored without it.

Glad we have big, physical receivers who take pride in making plays like that.

Damn, I meant to point out that block and completely forgot. You're right, that was a big time hustle play and I agree that Dak doesn't score if Bear doesn't make that block. Once aGAIN, doing the little things right adds up over the course of a game.

jbjones
09-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Damn, I meant to point out that block and completely forgot. You're right, that was a big time hustle play and I agree that Dak doesn't score if Bear doesn't make that block. Once aGAIN, doing the little things right adds up over the course of a game.

Good writeup WMD. Also, regarding Bear's block, I seem to remember that after Dak dove into the endzone, Bear turned around to (what appears) make sure no one was coming from behind for a late shot at a tackle/spear. I like seeing those young guys being selfless and heads-up like that.

sandwolf
09-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Great write up. Pretty much agree with everything you said except for this:

5. I'm still waiting on Benardrick McKinney to impose his will and really take over a game. He finished tied for the team lead with 7 tackles, but only 1 solo tackle. That's not a good showing for a potential first round draft pick. We need him to step up and find that mean streak, that swag where he says "I'm making the big plays and there's no one on the field bad enough to stop me."

I watched the game in person and then again last night on the DVR, and I thought McKinney looked great both times. I think that the reason he doesn't appear to take over the game is because we have so much talent on defense that he isn't getting the opportunity to make many solo tackles.....the ball carrier just isn't breaking through the LOS very often. Cam Lawrence used to make a shit load of tackles, but a majority of them were when the ball carrier was 8 or 10 yards down field....through 4 games this year, our opponents are averaging 2.4 yards per rush, so McKinney is usually assisting the defensive linemen and the other LB's with the tackle. Beniquez Brown is in the same boat.....he had 7 tackles on Saturday, none of which were solo tackles. This is a very, very good thing.

But again, great overall write up.

RougeDawg
09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Good price. As far as McKinney, I think his lack of production has more to do with offense scheming away from him. That's why our other LB's had great games. BMav drew theist attention and the other guys cleaned up. Kinda like Chris Jones taking up 2-3 blockers while the other guys wreak havoc. This defense is fun to watch and will only get better. Going to be a great year. This bye week is at the perfect time.