PDA

View Full Version : John Wilner voted us 3rd. 2 voters didn't include us at all.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 01:36 PM
http://www.appollstalker.com/football/team/msu/2014

Like I said in another thread, when we beat Florida in 2010, I Tweeted at one reporter who voted Florida in his ballot and not us, and he replied with something to the effect of "Hmmm, that's a good point. I'll make sure to include the Bulldogs next week." And he did.

So it is possible to influence voters over Twitter. We as a fanbase should have a coordinated effort to Tweet at voters who put us lower than 15 and (politely and in a logical, non-emotional manner) make the case to move us up.

Sundawg1974
09-21-2014, 01:45 PM
How big a dick is Logan Lowery? Tupelo guy and he's has us 24th and UM 11th. We've actual beat somebody.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Ken Medlin ranked LSU #13 and didn't rank us at all. I'm guessing he didn't even hear about the game?

Political Hack
09-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Ken Medlin ranked LSU #13 and didn't rank us at all. I'm guessing he didn't even hear about the game?

people should lose their vote when it's obvious they aren't paying attention.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 02:02 PM
I tweeted at every voter who ranked LSU ahead of us and politely and calmly asked them to look at the resumes and consider swapping them next week. We need a few dozen MSU fans to do the same. Maybe email and Facebook in addition to Twitter.

defiantdog
09-21-2014, 02:03 PM
I tweeted at every voter who ranked LSU ahead of us and politely and calmly asked them to look at the resumes and consider swapping them next week. We need a few dozen MSU fans to do the same. Maybe email and Facebook in addition to Twitter.

We should politely and calmly ask them to look at their own resumes and consider sending them out because they have no damn clue what they're doing in their current job.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 02:24 PM
The voter who put LSU #13 and didn't rank us messaged me back and said he left us out by mistake and that we'll definitely be in his ballot next week.

FlabLoser
09-21-2014, 02:34 PM
The voter who put LSU #13 and didn't rank us messaged me back and said he left us out by mistake and that we'll definitely be in his ballot next week.

BOOM

$500 in vcash for you.

MetEdDawg
09-21-2014, 02:35 PM
This is dumb. Anyone that didn't vote us in should have their voting rights revoked. It's stupid that this kind of crap can go on. I think 16th is a very reasonable spot to put us after what we did. But to have us unranked? That's awful.

I hope some of you who sent twitter messages to some of these bozos post their responses if they respond to you. Their rationale or lack there of would be very interesting to hear.

HoopsDawg
09-21-2014, 03:01 PM
It's a shame people don't take their vote more serious. Our win at LSU is the best win of the season for any team this year. We have also won 7 games in a row.

Bass Chaser
09-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Does the AP, USA Today, or any other poll matter since the College Football Playoff Committee will have their own poll?

Smitty
09-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Does the AP, USA Today, or any other poll matter since the College Football Playoff Committee will have their own poll?

Every little thing helps

RougeDawg
09-21-2014, 04:17 PM

Do what? Was he in a coma yesterday? How did he know to drop LSU but not even know who beat them? That's a bulllshit excuse if I've ever heard one.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Garry Smits of the Jacksonville Times-Union Media, who voted as 22nd and LSU 16th: "dominated? MSU won by five."
and after I link him to the ESPN article about it so he can see that the score didn't really reflect the game, he replies, "silly me. I still go by scoreboards. What I or any voter thinks doesn't matter. The playoffs committee won't use AP poll."

So he admits he didn't watch the game, nor do any research on it beyond seeing the 34-29 final score, then defends himself by saying polls don't matter. Well OK, but why is he an AP voter if he doesn't take his job seriously and doesn't think anyone else should either?

It's not all about the Playoffs either -- the polls play some role in who gets what bowl, who gets what TV slot, who gets which postseason award, etc., so the least he could is put some effort into his job. There are probably 10,000 people in this country who are extremely knowledgeable about college football who could make excellent, well-researched top 25 ballots and would kill for the opportunity, and this joker gets to do it but doesn't even care.

Smitty
09-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Garry Smits of the Jacksonville Times-Union Media, who voted as 22nd and LSU 16th: "dominated? MSU won by five."
and after I link him to the ESPN article about it so he can see that the score didn't really reflect the game, he replies, "silly me. I still go by scoreboards.

It's not all about the Playoffs either -- the polls play some role in who gets what bowl, who gets what TV slot, who gets which postseason award, etc.,

This was my point last night

JDog13
09-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Wilner got #24 right.

notsofarawaydawg
09-21-2014, 04:56 PM
How big a dick is Logan Lowery? Tupelo guy and he's has us 24th and UM 11th. We've actual beat somebody.

Seems to come back to me that Logan grew up an Alabama fan. I know he's been working with several MSU sites lately but I thought his family were all Bama faithful.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 04:59 PM
and after I link him to the ESPN article about it so he can see that the score didn't really reflect the game, he replies, "silly me. I still go by scoreboards. What I or any voter thinks doesn't matter. The playoffs committee won't use AP poll."

So he admits he didn't watch the game, nor do any research on it beyond seeing the 34-29 final score, then defends himself by saying polls don't matter. Well OK, but why is he an AP voter if he doesn't take his job seriously and doesn't think anyone else should either?

It's not all about the Playoffs either -- the polls play some role in who gets what bowl, who gets what TV slot, who gets which postseason award, etc., so the least he could is put some effort into his job. There are probably 10,000 people in this country who are extremely knowledgeable about college football who could make excellent, well-researched top 25 ballots and would kill for the opportunity, and this joker gets to do it but doesn't even care.

Wow. We need to get someone to do a story on this crap. Not about us, but about the total incompetency of AP voters in general. It's time to do away with these polls if they are based on the opinion of idiots like this guy. I mean it, how can I help.