NorCalDawg
09-21-2014, 01:01 PM
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

blacklistedbully
09-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Logan Lowery voted us #24. What an ass.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Ole Miss paid the Gold Price for their ranking. Mississippi State paid the Iron Price.

Dawgsrule
09-21-2014, 01:10 PM
If we win the next two games are we top? Three wins against top 10 teams should warrant top 2 imo.

Political Hack
09-21-2014, 01:11 PM
8 of the top 17 are SEC. That's disgustingly deep.

SC and UGA should not be ahead of us, but it's hard to argue with #14 considering we weren't even in it last week.

msstate7
09-21-2014, 01:12 PM

Where did he vote om? Lsu?

Offshore Dawg
Ole Miss paid the Gold Price for their ranking. Mississippi State paid the Iron Price.

well done & a great "GOT" analogy

Political Hack

you have to wonder if he does stuff in spite or if he's on the take???

BeardoMSU

Indeed.

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/reek-sausage.gif

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 01:13 PM

Unreal

Political Hack
09-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Where did he vote om? Lsu?

OM 11

LSU 18

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 01:14 PM
OM 11

LSU 18

Wait a second, that dipshit voted LSU AHEAD of us?

Dawgface
09-21-2014, 01:19 PM
14........that's awesome.

FlabLoser
09-21-2014, 01:22 PM
you have to wonder if he does stuff in spite or if he's on the take???

I don't know about Logan Lowery.

Hack, I'm preaching to the choir here, but you well know that good public relations requires greasing the skids. In Washington, they call that lobbying. In college sports we call it, well, we don't have a word for it.

Ole Miss is elite at PR. As any good PR goes, don't think there aren't media people who they have "good relations" with.

The crap Booger McFarland, for example, says is really hard to substantiate.

blacklistedbully
09-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Wait a second, that dipshit voted LSU AHEAD of us?

Yep. Not that it would matter to folks up there, but we should make a point of calling that idiot out publicly. Nobody expects that jackass to like us, but as an AP voter, he should at least have an ounce of integrity. He clearly has none.

NorCalDawg
09-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Yep. Not that it would matter to folks up there, but we should make a point of calling that idiot out publicly. Nobody expects that jackass to like us, but as an AP voter, who should at least have an ounce of integrity. He clearly has none.

He's already getting tweets questioning his judgement and sanity. Tweet him @loganlowery

PMDawg
09-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Who?

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 01:33 PM
FWIW, when we beat Florida in 2010, I Tweeted at one reporter who voted Florida in his ballot and not us, and he replied with something to the effect of "Hmmm, that's a good point. I'll make sure to include the Bulldogs next week." And he did.

So it is possible to influence voters over Twitter. We as a fanbase should have a coordinated effort to Tweet at voters who put us lower than 15 and (politely and in a logical, non-emotional manner) make the case to move us up.

ScottH
09-21-2014, 01:36 PM
The problem is you shouldn't have an $18,000 a year print writer voting.

NorCalDawg
09-21-2014, 01:41 PM
FWIW, when we beat Florida in 2010, I Tweeted at one reporter who voted Florida in his ballot and not us, and he replied with something to the effect of "Hmmm, that's a good point. I'll make sure to include the Bulldogs next week." And he did.

So it is possible to influence voters over Twitter. We as a fanbase should have a coordinated effort to Tweet at voters who put us lower than 15 and (politely and in a logical, non-emotional manner) make the case to move us up.

These guys know what they're doing. There is no way it was unintentional. Lowery is a joke. He's worse than that douche that was there before him...what was his name? Locke?

Dawgfan61
09-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Dude is just a moron, he left Clemson at 1-2 in ahead of us at #22, don't think it's a conspiracy obviously he just doesn't know shit.

NorCalDawg
09-21-2014, 01:55 PM
The problem is you shouldn't have an $18,000 a year print writer voting.

And still, he's overpaid.

gravedigger
09-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Conspiracy by definition is more than one person.

Complete ****ing stupidity needs only one attribute. Laziness.

But it really doesn't matter. Wins count. Rankings are for superficial fans who's more interested in what the media thinks than actually winning on the field.

blacklistedbully
09-21-2014, 06:32 PM

But it really doesn't matter. Wins count. Rankings are for superficial fans who's more interested in what the media thinks than actually winning on the field.

Wow, this is so full of wrong as to be funny. Rankings matter, and always have in college football. There is NOTHING superficial about it. Even with the playoffs being determined by the committee, you are out-of-your-mind if you think they aren't influenced by the polls.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Wow, this is so full of wrong as to be funny. Rankings matter, and always have in college football. There is NOTHING superficial about it. Even with the playoffs being determined by the committee, you are out-of-your-mind if you don't think they aren't influenced by the polls.

Unfortunately, rankings subconsciously affect everyone's perception of the season. We need to do everything we can to at least get the last few stragglers to rank us ahead of LSU next week. I mean, we proved it without a shadow of a doubt to anyone who watched the game.

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 08:21 PM
By my count, we would have gained 64 points in the polls just by having the 10 or so voters who put LSU ahead of us put us in LSU's slot and move everyone else down 1.

Just by those few lazy voters ordering their ballots in the objectively correct order for just these two teams -- that's enough to rise to 13th in the polls ahead of South Carolina.

That's right, voter ignorance and laziness cost us a spot in the polls.

DudyDawg
09-21-2014, 08:23 PM

If they mean nothing, what's the difference between a 4-0 NC State team and a 3-0 Florida state team. Same conference. One has a better record. One has a tiny dash before their name. You're telling me that doesn't matter?