PDA

View Full Version : Defense... unreal

Political Hack
09-21-2014, 09:27 AM
44 of LSU's 48 yards in the 1st quarter came on 1 play. It was the halfback pass... a trick play. That 1st was the biggest ass kicking domination of a legit team that I think I can ever remember by a State team.

On the flip side, miles takes the points in the 1st, doesn't go for two down the stretch two times, and we're talking a very different game down the stretch.

dawgs
09-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Tack a few more points on lsu and you figure maybe we don't take the foot off the gas quite so early. Hope Dan and co. learned a lesson that next time go for the jugular and don't just try to run out the clock on 3 dives and punt.

dogshiek
09-21-2014, 10:07 AM
That goal line stand was go down in State lore!

RossDawg82
09-21-2014, 10:34 AM
He said in the PC that he messed up right there. That won't happen again during SEC play

Behrdawg
09-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Last night was a flat out beat down. 28 of their points were off turnovers. We should have won that game 34-16. But bottom line- we win and it feels great!

NCDawg
09-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Tack a few more points on lsu and you figure maybe we don't take the foot off the gas quite so early. Hope Dan and co. learned a lesson that next time go for the jugular and don't just try to run out the clock on 3 dives and punt.

Agreed, especially when you're playing a team like LSU.

smootness
09-21-2014, 11:46 AM

Exactly. You can't look at the final score and say things like, 'Without those 2 FGs we lose.' Without those 2 FGs, we continue actually playing for a little longer, and for the entire time we actually played that game, we completely and thoroughly dominated LSU.

Political Hack
09-21-2014, 12:34 PM
oh I agree that it would've been managed/played out much differently. I just continually am shocked at how good they are down the stretch at Tiger Stadium. There is something magic about that place.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2014, 02:08 PM
And we don't have to go back for 2 yrs thank god. One of our young qbs better be ready bc they gonna be gooooood