PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday - Forgone Conclusion?

Bob Sacamano
09-21-2014, 07:35 AM
Even if A&M beats the pigs and we beat off this weekend, is College Gameday still not coming to Starkville?

I knew there were some discussions a few days ago surrounding this.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Gameday is probably going to Oxford, due to preseason rankings and schedules, but I'd argue that two better teams will be playing in Starkville that day.

GrassOfDWS
09-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Gameday has wanted to go to Oxford for years. They have never had a reason to, and I guarantee as long as Ole Miss doesn't look past Memphis, Gameday will be in Oxford for that game. I think we get SEC Nation that week.

Now, if we can beat an undefeated Texas A&M (assuming they beat Arkansas) look for the Auburn game to get strong consideration, assuming they are undefeated as well.

The Croom Diaries
09-21-2014, 09:18 AM
The TV schedule for Week 7 will be announced before the A&M game, but I still think we probably get CBS. At least we should based on this schedule. If we beat A&M and Auburn beats LSU in two weeks it would be hard to keep gameday away, but they probably won't go to SEC sites back-to-back, and I'm 99% sure they will go to Oxford for the Bama game.

October 11th

Alabama at Arkansas – TBD
LSU at Florida – TBD
ULM at Kentucky – TBD
Georgia at Missouri – TBD
Charleston Southern at Vanderbilt – TBD
Ole Miss at Texas A&M – TBD
Auburn at Mississippi State – TBD
Chattanooga at Tennessee – TBD

Quaoarsking
09-21-2014, 09:45 AM
If we beat Texas A&M and Auburn beats LSU, our game on October 11 will be a top 10 vs. top 10 matchup -- we'd almost have to get it then.

Gameday has done SEC in back-to-back weeks several times, including back-to-back Alabama and Auburn, so if Ole Miss hosts on October 4, that won't have any bearing on us potentially hosting it on October 11.

TheRef
09-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Notable Nationwide Matchups the weekend of MSU v. Auburn:

Oregon @ UCLA
Texas @ Oklahoma
OM @ TAMU
LSU @ Florida
Penn State @ Michigan

CadaverDawg
09-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Notable Nationwide Matchups the weekend of MSU v. Auburn:

Oregon @ UCLA
Texas @ Oklahoma
OM @ TAMU
LSU @ Florida
Penn State @ Michigan

Texas blows
OM will have just lost
LSU and Florida have losses
Michigan blows

Maybe at UCLA though

But saying we will beat A&M is a huge assumption too...so if we are undefeated still after A&M, I don't give two shits about Gameday

gravedigger
09-21-2014, 10:05 AM
I don't give two shits about Gameday

My sentiments exactly.

AlSwearengen
09-21-2014, 10:07 AM
I keep seeing everyone say that game day has been wanting to go to oxford, but why is that? The legend of the grove? olemiss has an alumni on the production staff at espn?