PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun's (short) thoughts

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2014, 12:07 AM
There's no reason to break down every little factor in this game because you can see that on TV and by much better football minds tomorrow. However, here is what we know.

1. We have a Heisman caliber QB with Swag and leadership to spare. Good luck beating this guy SEC
2. We have an NFL running back that's like attempting to tackle a hockey puck
3. We have a severely underrated offensive line that is capable of doing what they are asked to do against anyone.
4. I think we can run the ball on anyone
5. I think we can stop anyone from running ball
6. I think we are a mature ass football team that has now learned how to win. Between ARK, Ole Miss, and now LSU, this group has won some big games in the last seven games
7. We are physical. Our identity was fully revealed tonight. Good luck to the rest of the SEC.
8. We aren't completely inept at field goal kicker. Sobs kicked the ball with confidence tonight. I actually felt confident when watching his body language.
9. This team has a swagger. An "IT" factor.
10. This team still has a few concerns in the secondary, although they play great for 3 1/2 quarters, but, if we can run the ball and stop the run against anyone, I think we can control the clock and have a chance to win every game.

Conclusion:

We have a long way to go, and bigger games than this left to play. Every game that we win will make the next one bigger and bigger. However, for 55 minutes tonight, I saw MSU play the most complete football game of my lifetime. We put on a football clinic.

Our coaches made some mistakes at the end, but if there is one thing that could be taken from tonight it is: if our team is capable of going into Baton Rouge and doing that to LSU, then who can't they beat? I think this game could propel the attitude of our program into rarefied air where when we step on the field, no matter who is standing across from us, and we feel like we can make their ass quit.

Going forward, we have a much needed off week before playing the two biggest home games in David Wade history against A&M and Auburn. Win both of those, and we are a legitimate playoff contender with Alabama being on the only team left on our schedule that most people would not think we are better than.

If we beat either A&M or Auburn, then, again, Bama is the only team left on our schedule that most would think we aren't better than. Ark, KY, and Ole Miss are nice teams, but if your capable of going into Death Valley and laying the wood, you should expect to win those game.

IMO, following tonight, 10-2 is now squarely in play. It sure would be nice if the SEC could get 2 teams in the playoffs. 10-2 could be interesting.

defiantdog
09-21-2014, 12:31 AM
We still have #6 A&M, #5 Auburn and #3 Alabama to play.... We've got a long road to play. But we know we can hang with the big boys now. This is a different team for sure and I'm excited now for when we play these teams. No more being scared of being blown out.... Hailstate!