PDA

View Full Version : What a team win!

FlabLoser
09-20-2014, 11:58 PM
I can't pick a player of the game. There are just too many.

Dak to De'Runnya. Dak to Lewis. Dak running. Dak stiff-arming and running half the field for a TD.

J Rob breaking big runs. J Rub running over people all night long.

Dillon Day doing mean grown man things all night. So much, I hope he isn't suspended for aTm.

How about the rest of our OL? They protected Dak and opened holes for our RBs.

Evan Sobiesk made all his kicks and they all proved critical.

Devon Bell booming the ball punting and kicking off.

Jamoral Graham fielding punts and having a good return.

Our 2-deep front 7 held LSU's banging running gave to 89 yards rushing to our 302. Damn, that's domination. Lots of names made plays here. The whole damn unit played lights out. Hope Preston gets his 4 freaking weeks in a row!

How about the hitting on both sides of the ball? All 2nd half long, LSU guys were limping off the field and getting tired. We flipped the script on those bastards.

And finally, how about the way the team reacted after Dak fumbled to give up a scoop & score on the 1st play of the 2nd half? The old MSU would have folded its tent right there. This team got off the mat and kept throwing haymakers.

This team has what champions are made of. Lot of guys making a lot of plays. Lot of guys grinding and breaking the other team's will.

This post from Coach 57 the Friday before the game was EXACTLY how it went down. Nomination for ED remembers. **** the nomination. Its in. I'll put it there. http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?20963-My-thoughts-about-this-weekend

I'd like to preface my thoughts with this. When the ships rolled up at Omaha beach they were filled with a lot of men. Some scared to death, some shaking (literally) in their boots. Stories of vomit & human excrement on the floors of these ships we NOT greatly stretched. The smell (based on tales I've heard) of fear was palpable in the air and it was stronger than the smell of bile & whatever was lying on the floor. War was about to commence. And many would NOT make it, it was known by every person on those boats. When the doors dropped what killed most men was NOT the bullets that were zinging by, it was in fact the fear that froze them in place. Then as they were torn to pieces by the unyielding, relentless hordes of rounds fired upon them the front line of bodies fell atop of others and pinned them to the vomit drenched floor. And now incapacitated & unable to move the men that were alive underneath those bodies were now obliterated. I could go on and on with this tale but what is the analogy we take from it is quite simple.

DO NOT BE FROZEN BY THE MOMENT! That "flinch" is the difference between victory & defeat!

This Saturday night is no doubt WAR! War is NOT won from the sky (someone please explain this to our president) it's won in THE TRENCHES! Boots on the ground! And when all the dust, smoke & debris is cleared we WILL prevail. But why? Simply because we have the nastiest & meanest "boots" in the conference! We have a leader who has crawled through the same murk & mire they have crawled in to. & out of. So that when the time comes to TURN IT ON, they will respond! They will move! And no doubt VICTORY will be theirs!

I feel confident in our endeavor this weekend because our OL will out shine their OL. Our front 7 will make plays that they will not make. It will come down to late in the 4th qtr and we will have 1 shot to knock the stripes off of the tigers. I know I normally give X's & O's but I'm telling you I am FIRED up! If I could tell our boys one thing, "don't flinch! When the moment comes your way...grab it by the throat and choke it to the ground with a crazy gleam in your eye. And it will know when it comes my way again I will NOT relent!"

LiterallyPolice
09-21-2014, 12:00 AM
I don't always agree with Coach57, but goshdarnit I nominate "DONT FLINCH" as our unofficial motto this season.

Mutt the Hoople
09-21-2014, 12:01 AM
IThis Saturday night is no doubt WAR! War is NOT won from the sky (someone please explain this to our president) it's won in THE TRENCHES! Boots on the ground! And when all the dust, smoke & debris is cleared we WILL prevail. But why? Simply because we have the nastiest & meanest "boots" in the conference! We have a leader who has crawled through the same murk & mire they have crawled in to. & out of. So that when the time comes to TURN IT ON, they will respond! They will move! And no doubt VICTORY will be theirs!

I feel confident in our endeavor this weekend because our OL will out shine their OL. Our front 7 will make plays that they will not make. It will come down to late in the 4th qtr and we will have 1 shot to knock the stripes off of the tigers. I know I normally give X's & O's but I'm telling you I am FIRED up! If I could tell our boys one thing, "don't flinch! When the moment comes your way...grab it by the throat and choke it to the ground with a crazy gleam in your eye. And it will know when it comes my way again I will NOT relent!"

Uhhh, my dad and some of my friends played football, and they also went to war. One thing they all told me- football is NOT war.

FlabLoser
09-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Uhhh, my dad and some of my friends played football, and they also went to war. One thing they all told me- football is NOT war.

God willing, its a war as any civilian is going to get.

smootness
09-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Dillon Day doing mean grown man things all night. So much, I hope he isn't suspended for aTm.

I may get killed for this, but whatever. This crap ^^ was ridiculous and has to stop. As much as it would obviously hurt us on the field, I'd be fine if he was suspended for at least part of the A&M game. Jumping and stomping on guys is not 'grown man things'. It's crap, and it's loser football. I hope somebody fixes that in a hurry. Not at all what I want this team and program to be known for.

Mutt the Hoople
09-21-2014, 12:29 AM
I may get killed for this, but whatever. This crap ^^ was ridiculous and has to stop. As much as it would obviously hurt us on the field, I'd be fine if he was suspended for at least part of the A&M game. Jumping and stomping on guys is not 'grown man things'. It's crap, and it's loser football. I hope somebody fixes that in a hurry. Not at all what I want this team and program to be known for.
Look at the film. He was going after the two LSU goons who were spearing Dak Prescott.

FlabLoser
09-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Football is dirty in the trenches. Get dirty or get beat.

smootness
09-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Look at the film. He was going after the two LSU goons who were spearing Dak Prescott.

You may be right; if so, I missed that. But there are other ways to take care of that. Jumping and stomping on guys just isn't what I want to see from any of our players. It should be beneath us.