PDA

View Full Version : Now that the blood pressure is down I feel bad for Mullen

Irondawg
09-20-2014, 11:07 PM
i get what he was trying to do. We felt in control - get Nick Griffith a TD for everything he's had to overcome. Let the backup offensive line help run the clock out. It make sense and with LSU probably holding less than 1% odds of winning you feel pretty good as a coach.

But you've got to do your job and those guys simply didn't get it done and it almost cost us. Couple that with our DB's continuing to play astounding bad on deep balls and you almost flood MS ER's with heart attack victims. Give it to Dak or J-rob there inside the 5 late and the odds are greater we get the TD and it's over. Think back to 2009 and not giving it to Dixon probably cost us the win, this time it would almost played a hand in a historic meltdown.

Then you went to the same defense that Auburn beat last year and turned what should have been seen nationally as a skulldrugging to barely escaping with your life. I hate the 3 man rush - time is a QB's best friend.

As much as I'd like to say he learned from it tonight, the reality is that it was some of the same stuff we've seen before.

I feel a little bad for Mullen b/c in real time it wasn't terrible decision making but the players really let him down across the board those last 5 minutes. Punch in the TD, make routine snaps and don't f'in let people behind you in the secodary and nobody is even talking about it. But between our dead indians and the Miles magic mojo i never felt comfortable the minute we didn't punch it in late.

whosyourdawgy
09-20-2014, 11:30 PM
We had our foot on their throats and has their head all but in the mud and MULLEN let them back in the game with bonehead decisions in the last 3 minutes. To his credit he owned up to it in the post game. Let's hope he doesn't do this shit again if the opportunity shows itself

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2014, 11:47 PM
THERE ARE NO NEGATIVES FROM TONIGHT! If you are dredging them up then you need to examine yourself. We just beat LSU IN Baton Rouge AT NIGHT. GET REAL folks.