PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game...

smootness
09-20-2014, 11:03 PM
I've come back up from the deflation that was the end of that game, and yes, it ticked me off that I had to feel in any way deflated after winning that game. I think we were all frustrated and pissed. But we won, so I don't want to talk about the end of the game. We all know what happened and know it can't happen again. As for my thoughts on the game itself:

1) We just won in Baton Rouge, at night. It's a good, good day.
2) Josh Robinson is an absolute beast. He's one of the top 5 RBs in the country, it's just that nobody knows it yet.
3) Dak Prescott is the best QB in the SEC and is now a legitimate Heisman contender. He was amazing tonight. He followed up what had to have been one of the most gut-wrenching feelings in the world to fumble that ball and lose all the momentum we had with arguably his two best plays ever. The 74-yard TD to Lewis was all Dak; he was dead in the water and somehow turned it into what should have been a game-ender. And the run before that was just pure Dak.
4) The OL deserves a ton of credit. They were great tonight.
5) Our front 7 is as good as anybody's in the country. Anybody, Bama and FSU included. We absolutely dominated LSU on both sides of the ball in the trenches, on the road. Think about that.
6) Richie Brown played a heck of a game. So did a lot of guys (Preston Smith, my gosh), but just wanted to point him out specifically. He made some huge plays for us.
7) This is the best State team in my lifetime. It is better than the teams of the late 90s. The defense is not quite as good, though it is in the front 7, but the offense is infinitely better. The Dak-Robinson combo is going to carry us a long way.
8) That's the most fun I've ever had watching a State sporting event, save for the last 5 minutes.

oldjoedawg
09-20-2014, 11:23 PM
I've come back up from the deflation that was the end of that game, and yes, it ticked me off that I had to feel in any way deflated after winning that game. I think we were all frustrated and pissed. But we won, so I don't want to talk about the end of the game. We all know what happened and know it can't happen again. As for my thoughts on the game itself:

2) Josh Robinson is an absolute beast. He's one of the top 5 RBs in the country, it's just that nobody knows it yet.
3) Dak Prescott is the best QB in the SEC and is now a legitimate Heisman contender. He was amazing tonight. He followed up what had to have been one of the most gut-wrenching feelings in the world to fumble that ball and lose all the momentum we had with arguably his two best plays ever. The 74-yard TD to Lewis was all Dak; he was dead in the water and somehow turned it into what should have been a game-ender. And the run before that was just pure Dak.
5) Our front 7 is as good as anybody's in the country. Anybody, Bama and FSU included. We absolutely dominated LSU on both sides of the ball in the trenches, on the road. Think about that.
6) Richie Brown played a heck of a game. So did a lot of guys (Preston Smith, my gosh), but just wanted to point him out specifically. He made some huge plays for us.
7) This is the best State team in my lifetime. It is better than the teams of the late 90s. The defense is not quite as good, though it is in the front 7, but the offense is infinitely better. The Dak-Robinson combo is going to carry us a long way.
8) That's the most fun I've ever had watching a State sporting event, save for the last 5 minutes.

Smootness, you didn't have to feel deflated.... you chose to feel that way.... not one ounce of feeling deflated on my part.... we won a game that few felt we would and beat a ten point favored team in their house.

smootness
09-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Haha no I did not choose to feel deflated. That's just the way I felt after seeing a sure win be put in LSU's hands at the end. Obviously the end result is fantastic and that's what will win out in the end, but immediately after the game, it was a surreal feeling of knowing we did something extraordinary while not really feeling the emotion of that.

But I'm glad that you took all the positives from my post and decided not to focus on them at all.

MSUDawg4Life
09-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Richie Brown had a good game? Man, all of our LBs were beasting tonight. We held LSU and their stable of RBs to 89 yards rushing. In Baton Rouge. At night. That's a very impressive stat and our LBs played a major role in making it happen.

smootness
09-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Richie Brown had a good game? Man, all of our LBs were beasting tonight. We held LSU and their stable of RBs to 89 yards rushing. In Baton Rouge. At night. That's a very impressive stat and our LBs played a major role in making it happen.

Agreed, no doubt. McKinney and Wells and Beniquez were all beasts. Jackson and Holmes played well, too. I just wanted to single out Richie Brown because he doesn't always get a ton of attention but he made some huge plays for us tonight. Didn't mean for that to be a negative.

maroonmania
09-20-2014, 11:36 PM

If I had written my feelings on the game and the team they would have been almost word for word what you wrote. HAIL freakin' STATE!

MSUDawg4Life
09-20-2014, 11:37 PM
Agreed, no doubt. McKinney and Wells and Beniquez were all beasts. Jackson and Holmes played well, too. I just wanted to single out Richie Brown because he doesn't always get a ton of attention but he made some huge plays for us tonight. Didn't mean for that to be a negative.

It's not a negative. Richie played well. He usually does. I just wanted to recognize the whole group because they were pretty good tonight.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2014, 11:40 PM
NO need to feel deflated. We just beat LSU in Baton Rouge AT NIGHT. HAIL STATE!!!!!!!

EdDawg
09-21-2014, 12:37 AM
Richie "The Lumberjack" Brown

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Richie "The Lumberjack" Brown

Fear the beard.