PDA

View Full Version : Let me say this...

FFF
05-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Coach this is not a shot at you... I want to be critical, and ban me if you want...

I've tried to give this board a chance... I'm all for being critical of a performance in a game. I played baseball and football and I have no problem with that. But our fans are horrible. We melt down when anything happens, even when we are winning.

Last week, a post came up about sixpack saying Norris should transfer. Some of you need to wait a day and go back and read the game threads and really look at how childish some of you act and read some of the things you post, particularly about our players. It's embarrassing. We are playing vandy... We are hosting a damn regional, and it has become nothing but incessant bitching about everything.

And to the guy who said "**** you lindgren," DIAF. You make these boards unbearable for the rest of us to read.

msstate7
05-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Game threads will be full of emotion. If you're looking for a board where there is just rainbows and unicorns, good luck. There are good fans here, but even good fans say dumb things in the heat of the moment

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-25-2013, 04:53 PM
this is by far the best board for MSU sports discussion. It really is the only one. Free anyway.

Coach34
05-25-2013, 04:58 PM
People are going to get upset during games- and possibly go a little overboard. That's why we have gone to the game threads for these comments, as opposed to starting thread after thread.

Not everybody deals with things the same way, and some people overreact more than others. I say some shit at times I probably shouldnt also. But that's why we are all here- we are passionate about Miss State sports.

I hope you will stick around and not let a few comments during an asswhoppin drive you away. If not, thanks for reading and being a part.

FFF
05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Game threads will be full of emotion. If you're looking for a board where there is just rainbows and unicorns, good luck. There are good fans here, but even good fans say dumb things in the heat of the moment

The thread I'm referring to.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?1821-Imagine-if-a-recruit-were-to-read-6pack&highlight=Norris%20transfer

My point is this... Don't trash 6pack for the same stuff this board does about trashing players (and what recruits would think), even in a game thread. Recruits read those, too.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-25-2013, 05:01 PM
dont let the door hit you on the ****** on the way out.

Ronny
05-25-2013, 05:38 PM
..in a tournament that should be a double elimination format for everybody participating, we are ****ing up on one day & yet are not going to get another chance to redeem ourselves because they have shoved the single elimination dildo up our asses.

Think about all that before you raise hell to coach, to Cohen, the team or anything else.

Vandy loses to Texas A&M yet plays on.

We lose to Vandy & pack our bags for the ride back to Starkville.

This is some ****ed up shit that should be addressed by people who give a damn about SEC baseball, & not the retards they currently have running the tournament.

msstate7
05-25-2013, 05:47 PM
..in a tournament that should be a double elimination format for everybody participating, we are ****ing up on one day & yet are not going to get another chance to redeem ourselves because they have shoved the single elimination dildo up our asses.

Think about all that before you raise hell to coach, to Cohen, the team or anything else.

Vandy loses to Texas A&M yet plays on.

We lose to Vandy & pack our bags for the ride back to Starkville.

This is some ****ed up shit that should be addressed by people who give a damn about SEC baseball, & not the retards they currently have running the tournament.

Didnt we benefit from same format last year? Not sure, but think we loss to Kentucky. Then we played undefeated Kentucky on sat and won. We went to championship and they went home

Coach34
05-25-2013, 05:50 PM
we played 6 straight days- so no- thats not any type of advantage

This is only Vandy's 4th game

Ronny
05-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Didnt we benefit from same format last year? Not sure, but think we loss to Kentucky. Then we played undefeated Kentucky on sat and won. We went to championship and they went home

We didn't benefit from shit last year.

If memory serves, last year certain winners' bracket teams got 2 days off before they had to play another game.

As screwed up as this year's format is, go back & look at the cluster**** they had going last year.

msstate7
05-25-2013, 06:05 PM
We didn't benefit from shit last year.

If memory serves, last year certain winners' bracket teams got 2 days off before they had to play another game.

As screwed up as this year's format is, go back & look at the cluster**** they had going last year.

I agree with you somewhat, but Kentucky loss once to a team they also beat and went home.

AROB44
05-25-2013, 06:52 PM
FFF....you have to remember..none of the posters you refer to were ever good enough to play on this level (except in their minds). Nor we're they good enough to coach on this level. They do let their emotions get the best of them, however. I too find some of their heated comments quite unbelievable.

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Coach this is not a shot at you... I want to be critical, and ban me if you want...

I've tried to give this board a chance... I'm all for being critical of a performance in a game. I played baseball and football and I have no problem with that. But our fans are horrible. We melt down when anything happens, even when we are winning.

Last week, a post came up about sixpack saying Norris should transfer. Some of you need to wait a day and go back and read the game threads and really look at how childish some of you act and read some of the things you post, particularly about our players. It's embarrassing. We are playing vandy... We are hosting a damn regional, and it has become nothing but incessant bitching about everything.

And to the guy who said "**** you lindgren," DIAF. You make these boards unbearable for the rest of us to read.

Seriously? If you think anybody is not just being passionate in the heat of the moment in those game threads, you are just trying to be obnoxious. You should try out Jeanspage if the game threads on here upset you. Jeez, this board is borderline sunshine compared to rugb and the crew on SPS that throw in the towel after the first run. I am actually shocked that you posted this if you have ever read the other boards.

You just want to bitch.

msstate7
05-25-2013, 07:01 PM
FFF....you have to remember..none of the posters you refer to were ever good enough to play on this level (except in their minds). Nor we're they good enough to coach on this level. They do let their emotions get the best of them, however. I too find some of their heated comments quite unbelievable.

Don't read the game thread! I hope that makes your elitedawgs experience much better...

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Don't read the game thread! I hope that makes your elitedawgs experience much better...

No shit. The only time we overreact is in game threads where we nitpick every pitch.....so it's a simple solution, if you're going to get your feelings hurt, don't read that thread

M.Fillmore
05-25-2013, 07:04 PM
...none of the posters you refer to were ever good enough to play on this level (except in their minds). Nor we're they good enough to coach on this level. They do let their emotions get the best of them, however. I too find some of their heated comments quite unbelievable.

Barry Switzer once said, "Some fans can't understand why a QB can't thread a needle at a 40 yard distance and then can't find their own car in the parking lot after the game."

While this board is vastly superior to 6pack, some people need to take a few breaths before posting.

msstate7
05-25-2013, 07:07 PM
No shit. The only time we overreact is in game threads where we nitpick every pitch.....so it's a simple solution, if you're going to get your feelings hurt, don't read that thread

We give our team way too much credit when they're winning and way too much grief when they're losing. It's part of it. Game threads aren't for the lollipop crowd when our team underperforms.

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 07:09 PM
some people need to change their tampon before reading.

Fixed it for you.**

AROB44
05-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Where did I say my feelings were hurt? Just my observations....don't get your panties in a wad. Nothing was directed at a specific person.

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Mine wasn't directed at you either.

FFF
05-25-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm making one last post on the subject. Last week, there was a thread bitching about someone on 6pack saying Norris should transfer after he gabe up a homerun. Several people spoke strongly against it, saying recruits, parents, coaches, and athletic admins read these boards (and they do) As part of the solution, and the reason i bought in, was because this board said it wants to positively promote MSU without rebel spin. I'm fine with that and I support that. I also support good sports discussion...

However, some people also went on to talk about how this board wants to promote our athletics in a way 6pack can't and doesn't.... By being a positive force in promoting MSU athletics... Particularly calling out the guy who said Norris should transfer. That whole deal pissed me off too. Im not going to trash a player on either board unless they flat out dont gove a shit about playing hard (renardo sidney).

However, the same people saying they want to promote a positive message about our athletics by not throwing our current players under the bus, are currently throwing our players under the bus. It's a double standard I don't agree with and was tired of sitting idly by. Either promote MSU and lay off attacking our players, or don't and have free and open discussion.

I doubt our coaches would be very interested in taking a guy seriously who is trying to push interest in a recruit or an idea in one breath, while in the other breath flat out throwing a player under the bus, whether it's passionate or not.

Your thoughts are broadcast on the interwebs for all to see, recruits, coaches, and admins alike. Think about it.

ETA: I'm fine with criticizing coaches. They are paid to do a job and lead the team, so this post does not apply to comments about coaches.

Coach34
05-25-2013, 07:21 PM

I've coached former SEC players and other minor leaguers in semi pro ball...some coaches choose to not go to the college level simply because they dont want to recruit and be on the road all the damn time. Your post is bullshit

As for the other posters- they dont have to be chef to cook a steak, a fireman to put out a fire, or a marine sniper to shoot a rifle. Coaches make mistakes, just like coaches do some great things. But all of it is up to scrutiny

msstate7
05-25-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm making one last post. Last week, there was a thread bitching about someone on 6pack saying Norris should transfer after he gabe up a homerun. Several people spoke strongly against it, saying recruits, parents, coaches, and athletic admins read these boards (and they do) As part of the solution, and the reason i bought in, was because this board said it wants to positively promote MSU without rebel spin. I'm fine with that and I support that. I also support good sports discussion...

However, some people also went on to talk about how this board wants to promote our athletics in a way 6pack can't and doesn't.... By being a positive force in promoting MSU athletics... Particularly calling out the guy who said Norris should transfer. That whole deal pissed me off too. Im not going to trash a player on either board unless they flat out dont gove a shit about playing hard (renardo sidney).

However, the same people saying they want to promote a positive message about our athletics by not throwing our current players under the bus, are currently throwing our players under the bus. It's a double standard I don't agree with and was tired of sitting idly by. Either promote MSU and lay off attacking our players, or don't and have free and open discussion.

I doubt our coaches would be very interested in taking a guy seriously who is trying to push interest in a recruit or an idea in one breath, while in the other breath flat out throwing a player under the bus, whether it's passionate or not.

Your thoughts are broadcast on the interwebs for all to see, recruits, coaches, and admins alike. Think about it.

If make an exception to bash one player (Sidney) then you have no right to criticize other posters for bashing a player. How do you get to lay the criteria of how and when a player can be bashed?

FFF
05-25-2013, 07:28 PM
If make an exception to bash one player (Sidney) then you have no right to criticize other posters for bashing a player. How do you get to lay the criteria of how and when a player can be bashed?

Because they don't give a shit. Because they say and do stupid, idiotic stuff in public that destroy who we are. Norris gave up a home run on a pitch he left up... Lindgren had a bad day against the number one team in the country... However, Renardo Sidney got in a damn fistfight with a team mate on national tv. Huge difference there...

I seen it dawg
05-25-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm making one last post on the subject. Last week, there was a thread bitching about someone on 6pack saying Norris should transfer after he gabe up a homerun. Several people spoke strongly against it, saying recruits, parents, coaches, and athletic admins read these boards (and they do) As part of the solution, and the reason i bought in, was because this board said it wants to positively promote MSU without rebel spin. I'm fine with that and I support that. I also support good sports discussion...

ETA: I'm fine with criticizing coaches. They are paid to do a job and lead the team, so this post does not apply to comments about coaches.

Take out your tampon, stick it in your mouth and choke on it. Shut the **** up your panty twist bitching. Your condescending bullshit essays are a bore and you come off as nothing more than a whiny ****. Toughen up or go away.

msstate7
05-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Because they don't give a shit. Because they say and do stupid, idiotic stuff in public that destroy who we are. Norris gave up a home run on a pitch he left up... Lindgren had a bad day against the number one team in the country... However, Renardo Sidney got in a damn fistfight with a team mate on national tv. Huge difference there...

All I was saying is that if you have reasons that allow you to bash a player then it's reasonable to believe others have reasons too. Are your reasons better? Probably, but not in the eye of the other poster.

Coach34
05-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Also- most good coaches were not great players. They were people with mediocre talent that overachieved because they knew so much about the game.

Ever wonder why so many All-Americans, Heisman winners, All-Pros- never make good coaches? They get by on talent- but their knowledge of the game isnt as great as others. They can never understand how people cant do the things that they could do.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
FFF. Fail Fail Fail

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 07:56 PM

Yawn.

There's a huge difference between being "all in" when it comes to recruiting, and saying Lindgren stunk it up today when Lindgren stunk it up today. If you can't tell the difference, then we can't help you.

I have never for the life of me, understood what makes someone want to call out a board like this.

Believe it or not, the "bashing" you're talking about, would easily be buried in a 10 page game thread tonight and never spoken of again, IF YOU didn't cause it to linger on by posting a ****ing novel about it in a separate thread like this. So YOU are just as bad, if not worse, than those you are talking about. If you are so damn worried about how those little comments hurt MSU, then why bring em back up in a big ass post like you did to start this thread.

What a horse shit thread.

FFF
05-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Yawn.

There's a huge difference between being "all in" when it comes to recruiting, and saying Lindgren stunk it up today when Lindgren stunk it up today. If you can't tell the difference, then we can't help you.

I have never for the life of me, understood what makes someone want to call out a board like this.

Believe it or not, the "bashing" you're talking about, would easily be buried in a 10 page game thread tonight and never spoken of again, IF YOU didn't cause it to linger on by posting a ****ing novel about it in a separate thread like this. So YOU are just as bad, if not worse, than those you are talking about. If you are so damn worried about how those little comments hurt MSU, then why bring em back up in a big ass post like you did to start this thread.

What a horse shit thread.

Buried or not, they are still there... And it's not the criticisms of players I'm talking about, it's the attacks... Big difference..

gravedigger
05-25-2013, 08:11 PM
sixpack is bad because of the juvinile trashing of each other on the board and the double standard bitch hd with regard to OM posters.

I'm sure coach has no problem with your comments. You do have a place to be. That is genespage.

Todd4State
05-25-2013, 09:37 PM
My suggestion is just don't read the game thread. You will notice that I don't post in one until after a game is over if at all.

I agree with you FFF that there is a lot of ridiculous things posted in the game threads that are ignorant when it comes to baseball, which is the main reason why I don't read it because as a baseball fan that does know a lot about what the players put in and how things are, it quite frankly can be annoying. That said, you also have to understand that the people saying those things are venting more than anything and you have to learn to let that go. Because deep down, they probably do realize that what they are saying is ignorant. It's not directed so much at Cohen or even the player sometimes as it is the situation.

I did have a big problem with what was said about Daryl Norris because he shouldn't have been put in that situation to start with and also because some MSU fans like to have a scapegoat on the team for really no good reason. In the past it has been Sam Frost I think because "he doesn't look like a SEC player and all of Ole Miss's players are 6'3". With Norris, I think it's because he hasn't really reached his potential based on his recruiting hype, but you do have to give him credit for quitting hitting and taking up pitching full time.

Todd4State
05-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Buried or not, they are still there... And it's not the criticisms of players I'm talking about, it's the attacks... Big difference..

I think deleting the game threads maybe 24 hours after a game would be a good idea. Allow people to vent and discuss and then just dump it. A chat room would be ideal for game discussion as well, and I know that's coming at some point.

FFF
05-25-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't read the game threads much but found myself reading some today. I think this board has potential other boards never had or can have in promoting our athletics and being a positive voice that athletics will listen to. Trashing players is not a good way to get that support.

Coach34
05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
I think deleting the game threads maybe 24 hours after a game would be a good idea. .

yeahhhh probably so

swdawg
05-26-2013, 12:05 AM
So, in other words...FFF had a pretty valid point.

yeahhhh probably so

M.Fillmore
05-26-2013, 12:34 AM
some people need to take Midol before posting.

Now it is fixed.

Coach34
05-26-2013, 12:52 AM
So, in other words...FFF had a pretty valid point.

if you will look at my first reply- I never said that he didnt. But this is real life and not Candy Land, and sometimes people are going to get their feelings hurt

swdawg
05-26-2013, 02:02 AM
No, you didn't, but it seemed, to me, that you kinda just brushed it off (we're just passionate fans...) and said "I hope you can get over it, and keep reading the board." But now you've decided that maybe those posts shouldn't be left on the board for anyone to find and read, after all. You did change your position a bit. I just wanted to point that out.

if you will look at my first reply- I never said that he didnt. But this is real life and not Candy Land, and sometimes people are going to get their feelings hurt

Coach34
05-26-2013, 02:27 AM
No, you didn't, but it seemed, to me, that you kinda just brushed it off (we're just passionate fans...) and said "I hope you can get over it, and keep reading the board." .

People are going to get upset during games- and possibly go a little overboard. That's why we have gone to the game threads for these comments, as opposed to starting thread after thread. Not everybody deals with things the same way, and some people overreact more than others. I say some shit at times I probably shouldnt also. But that's why we are all here- we are passionate about Miss State sports.

I just wanted to point out that this was my original reply. I try to be sympathetic to our fans. However, I'm not going to coddle a butthurt, whining, mongrel that whines because a player got cussed during a game.

I know these guys are playing their ass off.
I know they are laying it on the line

But people, like myself, that donate money to the program and have for years, in addition to supporting other parts of the program for years feel like we are a piece of the program also. We feel like we have invested enough to feel affiliated with the program. Those facilities that these current players enjoy and use to hone their craft have been paid for by fans. Fans that have earned the right to criticize.

So while those 6 of us that got Elitedawgs going respect our players, their families, and all the coaching staffs we support- we do reserve the right to be pissed off and voice our displeasure when things may not go as planned. We also will try to limit it as much as possible because we realize this board will be associated with the University and some of our actions could be used against us.

But aGAIN- let me remind you guys:

1. This is NOT a Jeanspage board. Clouds do come out in life
2. We are here to discuss what we are doing great- and what we are doing "not so well"
3. It's a truth board. Sometimes the truth hurts
4. We are also here to shoot missiles at Rebel propaganda

I seen it dawg
05-26-2013, 07:11 AM
No, you didn't, but it seemed, to me, that you kinda just brushed it off (we're just passionate fans...) and said "I hope you can get over it, and keep reading the board." But now you've decided that maybe those posts shouldn't be left on the board for anyone to find and read, after all. You did change your position a bit. I just wanted to point that out.

So are you just pointing it out so you can say you were right and someone else was wrong so you can prove a point? That's one of the things that SPS sucks for. Nitpicking a post ain't gonna fly here asshole.

gravedigger
05-26-2013, 07:22 AM
I've read MSG boards since 2000 and the the motivation for the "cruel" posts always seems to be a lack of the poster to understand that there isn't always just one reason for a bad situation and no consideration that as an outsider there may be information they don't have access to.

We are all just expressing joy or frustration at individual situations. No board, even genespage is without that fan. But it's up to the leader of the board to determine the allowable temperature of it.

Gene doesn't allow much. Sixpack ebbs and flows with what they allow. This board seems to allow what is relevant to sport and is set up to remove most of the personal non sport barbs. It is also set up to disallow the sea gulling of ole miss fans. It is overall much better than either of the other two but we have our bad moments too.

No board removes it all. I do like they way this board sequesters the volitle posts of games to one thread. But without the spice of obnoxious posters would also create something so bland it would be unreadable.

The pack is not all bad, but its bad is its incoherent management by Hd6 and not removing op4 from editing ability. Ds is from what I can tell pretty benevolent.

I think it's in the best interest to delete the game threads the day after to prevent the screenshot from being emailed to players coaches and prospects.

That said, I'd love for all of us to scour the om boards and copy and paste everything embarrassing they say publicly.

I don't care how hypocritical that sounds either.

Don't expect this board to not have its moments of hypocrisy. It's made of many different individuals.

FFF
05-26-2013, 07:59 AM
"I think it's in the best interest to delete the game threads the day after to prevent the screenshot from being emailed to players coaches and prospects."

This is my whole point. I get frustrated, too, even at players, but I'm just saying we should temper what's POSTED about them (attacks, not criticisms). I also give money, too and hold season tickets in every sport and I criticize too.

gravedigger
05-26-2013, 08:40 AM
FFF. Bottom line: stick around.

I still haven't read yesterday's game thread and won't. Not because it might offend me. Because I listened to the game and have my own insight. We lost because we were spent and played one hell of a team.

We screwed up a number of times but bottom line is that we ran out of gas in the left lane of the autobahn.

Hope we get rid of those threads but be warned there will be more. This board needs posters who will call them out too.

Pollodawg
05-26-2013, 10:16 AM
I love this place. By far, the best board to read only MSU related stuff. The pack had all but become unreadable with the constant trolling and the let's-see-who-can-be-the-bigger-smart ass contests and bear trolling. This site eliminates most of that. It'll have its kinks and bugs, but it's far and away better than SPS. To me, at least.

M.Fillmore
05-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I love this place. By far, the best board to read only MSU related stuff. The pack had all but become unreadable with the constant trolling and the let's-see-who-can-be-the-bigger-smart ass contests and bear trolling. This site eliminates most of that. It'll have its kinks and bugs, but it's far and away better than SPS. To me, at least.

Agreed.

CadaverDawg
05-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I must have been a part of a different game thread, because these comments are WAYYY overboard. You would think if you clicked on the game thread you would see nothing but "**** ______!!!" About every player. It's nowhere Near what some of you are describing. I think there was one guy that said "so and so sucks", but that was once and he apologized...so I'm not sure what some of you whiners are talking about.

Go read the game thread and you will see how ridiculous your over reactions seem.

Coach34
05-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Go read the game thread and you will see how ridiculous your over reactions seem.

What game thread? I dont know anything about a game thread?

FISHDAWG
05-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I wonder if FFF read the post where I was stood up in front of a firing squad for acknowledging Freeze as a good coach and the ensuing indoctrination that followed about how recruits read this board and I should remain cognoscente of that fact .... strange how that line in the sand keeps moving around

MSUDawg4Life
05-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Way too much estrogen in this thread.

I don't think men should be getting "emotional" over a game or getting emotional about emotional guys commenting on a game..

Neither is a good look for a man. JMHO.