PDA

View Full Version : For anyone upset about the end..it may be a blessing, here's why....

CadaverDawg
09-20-2014, 10:11 PM
I think that shit scared Mullen to death at the end. I think we have seen the end of us taking our foot off the pedal. So to get a W in the process of Dan learning to step on the throat of every team he's up on...is a DOUBLE win in my book.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Just put Dak under center in that situation again. WE BEAT LSU AT DEATH VALLEY AT FREAKING NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CadaverDawg
09-20-2014, 10:15 PM
WE BEAT LSU AT DEATH VALLEY AT FREAKING NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOM!

HailState39110
I think it puts the 1b stuff to bed.

Statefan
Exactly

We dominated lsu in DV. Dan learned his lesson

The team has a serious swagger (Except 2nd team OL who will never see serious playing time again).

Great day to be a bulldog

CadaverDawg
09-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Exactly

We dominated lsu in DV. Dan learned his lesson

The team has a serious swagger (Except 2nd team OL who will never see serious playing time again).

Great day to be a bulldog

No doubt. And now we have a lot to work on during the bye week, so we should be able to stay motivated and not get cocky. Win all the way around

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:17 PM
I think it puts the 1b stuff to bed.

I think we have seen the end of us taking our foot off the pedal.

Hope so.. I'm sure Mullen addressed this to the team and vowed no never let it happen again! He has to do that to keep complete confidence because Mullen did mess up there at the end… there is no doubt about that.

MsStateBaseball
09-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Les didn't pull up last year. Got to keep scoring touchdown

Sacrifice
09-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Now LSU has a full blown QB controversy. May have to start a true freshman the rest of the way, good luck with that.

defiantdog
09-20-2014, 10:21 PM
A wins a win.... Now those OM folks will stop saying we never beat anyone decent in the SEC West. Boys, we are a force now! Not only did we beat LSU, but we did it on the road.

Dawgtini
09-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Les didn't pull up last year. Got to keep scoring touchdown
Exactly. If we had lost I would have had my pitch fork and been at the head of the fire Mullen crowd. I pray he learned to coach 60 mins to win! Hostile environment he has to coach like spurrier. It is their job to stop you...petal on the floor till the clock say 00!!

godlluB
09-20-2014, 10:22 PM
I think that shit scared Mullen to death at the end. I think we have seen the end of us taking our foot off the pedal. So to get a W in the process of Dan learning to step on the throat of every team he's up on...is a DOUBLE win in my book.

he just owned it on the radio.

Irondawg
09-20-2014, 10:23 PM
He didn't learn his lesson I bet. Like another poster said if he had he wouldn't have gone 2009 on us at the end by not giving it to our best players at the end. And 4 games in we have seen no ability by our DBS to keep anyone in front of them.

And I hate a 3 man rush in almost any circumstance

CadaverDawg
09-20-2014, 10:23 PM
he just owned it on the radio.

What did he say?

TUSK
09-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Now LSU has a full blown QB controversy. May have to start a true freshman the rest of the way, good luck with that.

no, they don't.

99jc
I

Nm

Smitty
Exactly. If we had lost I would have had my pitch fork and been at the head of the fire Mullen crowd. I pray he learned to coach 60 mins to win! Hostile environment he has to coach like spurrier. It is their job to stop you...petal on the floor till the clock say 00!!

Exactly, we were a hail mary away from the unthinkable but anyone with any concern is now an idiot...

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:25 PM
What did he say?

Shouldn't have gone backup linemen.. will learn from this and do better in the future

jbjones
09-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Said that a lot of that stuff at the end of the game (last 3 minutes) is on him. He did mention Love giving up "a big one". However, he did say that "you either get worse or you get better, and this coach has learned some lessons" (paraphrased).

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2014, 10:26 PM
He took full responsibility for it and said you are always learning. But the best think about the end of the game is LSU found their qb. The kid can throw it around and move enough to give teams issues.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Said that a lot of that stuff at the end of the game (last 3 minutes) is on him. He did mention Love giving up "a big one". However, he did say that "you either get worse or you get better, and this coach has learned some lessons" (paraphrased).

Good. See, win/win

Jack Lambert

Agreed. I said on a UAB thread why take your starters out when the other team keeps theirs in. If they are still playing to win, we should still be playing to win. If you can score do it.

He we got the victory and it really feels good.

Smitty
One thing I'm very glad about is that the killer instinct that Mullen has lacked should now be there AND IT DIDNT TAKE A LOSS to make it happen

Sacrifice
09-20-2014, 10:30 PM
no, they don't.
Haha oh hell yes they do!!

State82
09-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Hope so.. I'm sure Mullen addressed this to the team and vowed no never let it happen again! He has to do that to keep complete confidence because Mullen did mess up there at the end… there is no doubt about that.

Yep. I'm madder right now than I have been after some losses in the past. I know the majority of this board is relatively young (college age to mid thirties or so). Here's the deal folks. Dan Mullen is paid around 3 mil per year to work a tireless schedule. It's a brutal work schedule I will admit. However, $3,000,000 annually is pretty good compensation for that work load. He needs to give relentless effort for every second that he is on the clock for that payday. Every second. He did not give that tonight and it came within a whisker of devastating consequences. He should be called out on it. In today's business world, that is a serious faux pas. If you are not in business that experiences dire consequences with a mental lapse you cannot relate. I am and it's not pretty when it happens.

cheewgumm
09-20-2014, 10:37 PM
I pray Mullen learned from this. Don't take your foot off the gas...they'd score 70 on us if they could. Go for 50.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Yep. I'm madder right now than I have been after some losses in the past. I know the majority of this board is relatively young (college age to mid thirties or so). Here's the deal folks. Dan Mullen is paid around 3 mil per year to work a tireless schedule. It's a brutal work schedule I will admit. However, $3,000,000 annually is pretty good compensation for that work load. He needs to give relentless effort for every second that he is on the clock for that payday. Every second. He did not give that tonight and it came within a whisker of devastating consequences. He should be called out on it. In today's business world, that is a serious faux pas. If you are not in business that experiences dire consequences with a mental lapse you cannot relate. I am and it's not pretty when it happens.

Well while your mad I'm celebrating a ****in win over LSU in Death Valley at night on national television!!!!!

hells bells
09-20-2014, 10:48 PM

Daver, this was a complete Domination of LSU. Media can report on the last 30 minutes if they please. The win is sweet, but a win by 20 plus sweater. Make me understand.

hdc
09-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Equally pissed. I don't get paid $3m a year and have never coached football past 6th grade, but I know you keep your foot on the throat and never let up until the final horn sounds. Why does Dan have to almost blow a monster lead in Death Valley to learn?

Also, Love needs his ass ripped for giving up one of those last two TDs.

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2014, 10:52 PM
A win is a win but the score doesn't show the complete domination. Now articles will say MSU wins a nail bitter or hangs on late. We destroyed them on both sides of the ball. I just wish the score reflected that. But either way we WON in death valley at night and I was lucky enough to be there to see it

hells bells
09-20-2014, 10:58 PM
This was a beat down of epic per portion. Score does not reflect. Once again, Mullen the young old ball couch not showing all the goods.

Intramural All-American
09-20-2014, 11:27 PM

Hahahahahaha. What the hell is wrong with you man? We beat LSU in Death Valley, at night, and you are mad? There is no pleasing you. And all that crap you just spouted is BS, Dan is paid to win football games. Period. And guess what, that's exactly what he did. If you can't enjoy tonight's win, I seriously question your MSU fandom.

preachermatt83
09-21-2014, 12:01 AM

AMEN!