PDA

View Full Version : Now the media & pollsters have an excuse to keep us a little down still

blacklistedbully
09-20-2014, 09:57 PM
They were going to HAVE to get behind us when we had LSU whipped. Do they now focus more on how we, "narrowly escaped", or how LSU "just fell short"?

Quaoarsking
09-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Doesn't matter, still beat LSU.

Statefan
09-20-2014, 10:02 PM
They were going to HAVE to get behind us when we had LSU whipped. Do they now focus more on how we, "narrowly escaped", or how LSU "just fell short"?

tell them to look at the stats

shoeless joe
09-20-2014, 10:05 PM
In Dan's first year we came back late, in an empty stadium, and made it close with Tebow and Florida. Still counted as a loss...this still counts as a win. And the most dominant 5 point win in history.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!We just beat LSU in DEATH VALLEY AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you don't seem to understand exactly what that means.

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:06 PM

There is a committee, it does matter

TheRef
09-20-2014, 10:08 PM

If you go undefeated in the SEC, it doesn't matter. Win the SEC, you're in the playoff.

ChevChelios
09-20-2014, 10:09 PM

Hey... real quick question for you.. how many teams have beat LSU under Les Miles @ nite... Go ahead, I'll wait..

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:10 PM
If you go undefeated in the SEC, it doesn't matter. Win the SEC, you're in the playoff.

Exactly. My point is 1 loss SEC team being the 2nd SEC team in as the #4 (MSU) or 1 loss….. Ohio State.

The computers used to do this but with a COMMITTEE to say it doesn't matter just doesn't add up.

TheRef
09-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Exactly. My point is 1 loss SEC team being the 2nd SEC team in as the #4 (MSU) or 1 loss….. Ohio State.

The computers used to do this but with a COMMITTEE to say it doesn't matter just doesn't add up.

WE HAVENT LOST A GAME YET! Why are you assuming we will. Christ!!!

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Hey... real quick question for you.. how many teams have beat LSU under Les Miles @ nite... Go ahead, I'll wait..

Don't want to risk anything with the committee.. Surely you understand when looking at a second SEC team or the 1st Big 10 team opinions could be swayed by a 41-16 LSU win….

Again just maximize everything..

ChevChelios
09-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Don't want to risk anything with the committee.. Surely you understand when looking at a second SEC team or the 1st Big 10 team opinions could be swayed by a 41-16 LSU win….

Again just maximize everything..

Mother ****er.. unless u just dont have a brain.. we just beat the god damn breaks off LSU @ nite. Nobody has beat them like that. IDGAF what the final score was... we are 10x the team they are.

Smitty
WHats the big deal with what I'm saying other than just groupthink piling on here?

Yes I will assume that we lose at least one Ref…. I'd like to do EVERYTHING we can to sway the committee in our favor… you don't?

Liverpooldawg

ENJOY THIS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't happen that often, at least since I graduated. We beat LSU AT DEATH VALLEY AT FREAKING NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:13 PM
Mother ****er.. unless u just dont have a brain.. we just beat the god damn breaks off LSU @ nite. Nobody has beat them like that. IDGAF what the final score was... we are 10x the team they are.

I know that. You know that. We all know that…. Does Pat Haden, Condoleeza Rice, Barry Alvarez...

Quaoarsking
09-20-2014, 10:13 PM

Our fate will NOT come down to how many points WE BEAT LSU AT NIGHT IN TIGER STADIUM by. Etch that fact into stone.

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:14 PM
ENJOY THIS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't happen that often, at least since I graduated. We beat LSU AT DEATH VALLEY AT FREAKING NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am, I AM!!! just thinking rationally about ALL implications. I want it ALL I want to be the first team to win that new playoff trophy AND I THINK WE CAN! But with a committee EVERYTHING MATTERS is all Im saying

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Our fate will NOT come down to how many points WE BEAT LSU AT NIGHT IN TIGER STADIUM by. Etch that fact into stone.

theres no way to know that

ChevChelios
09-20-2014, 10:15 PM
I know that. You know that. We all know that…. Does Pat Haden, Condoleeza Rice, Barry Alvarez...

If they dont... somebody will inform them.

TheRef
09-20-2014, 10:17 PM
WHats the big deal with what I'm saying other than just groupthink piling on here?

Yes I will assume that we lose at least one Ref…. I'd like to do EVERYTHING we can to sway the committee in our favor… you don't?

Well considering that every one of your posts has said "one loss SEC team, Second SEC team," you're pulling a "Poor Mississippi State" attitude right now after one of our biggest wins. I'm just tired of everyone having to find stuff to bitch about rather than enjoy a Top-10 win in a very hostile environment. So EXCUSE ****ing me if I seem like an ass right now. Enjoy the win and you can bitch next week. Deal? We have two weeks to talk about what went wrong, for 24 hours let's enjoy what went right.

Park duck
09-20-2014, 10:17 PM

You damn right!

TheRef
09-20-2014, 10:18 PM

Considering I'm sure they will see that it was an away game and they could assume that LSU plays at night in BR.

ChevChelios
09-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Id like to choke slam some of our damn dumbass fans.

woozman
09-20-2014, 10:20 PM

On their field....

Statefan
09-20-2014, 10:21 PM

You are being ridiculous. Please cry yourself to sleep tonight about the committee and pollsters. I don't care the score or how, a win @ Death Valley will be perceived as a fantastic win. Especially if LSU balls out this season like I expect they will

I'm going to enjoy the hell out of these two weeks though

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Mullen just admitted fault for the ending and said he'd do much better in the future… Like I said he had to… Thank you.

MarketingBully01
09-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Well considering that every one of your posts has said "one loss SEC team, Second SEC team," you're pulling a "Poor Mississippi State" attitude right now after one of our biggest wins. I'm just tired of everyone having to find stuff to bitch about rather than enjoy a Top-10 win in a very hostile environment. So EXCUSE ****ing me if I seem like an ass right now. Enjoy the win and you can bitch next week. Deal? We have two weeks to talk about what went wrong, for 24 hours let's enjoy what went right.

This x1000!!!!!!! Great post Ref! All I know is we are 4-0 and have one of the better wins of any SEC team. Do you think Auburn fans are saying, hey wait a second we only beat K-State by 6. No, they are saying they are top 5 and 3-0. Guys enjoy this ****ing win! Please!

ChevChelios
09-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Mullen just admitted fault for the ending and said he'd do much better in the future… Like I said he had to… Thank you.

My God... pull ur pants up, ur ***** is showing.

mstatefan91
09-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Hail State brothers and sisters! That's all I got to say tonight!

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:30 PM
My God... pull ur pants up, ur ***** is showing.

cool story brah

Jack Lambert
09-20-2014, 10:34 PM

In Death Valley.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2014, 10:36 PM
I doubt anybody here isn't enjoying the win. I, for one am just bemoaning the fact that the media may very well discount our accomplishment more than they should. If you don't think most folks without a "dog-in-the-hunt" are going to do much more than look at the final score and just assume LSU didn't take us seriously and stumbled, you don't know what you're talking about, IMO.

Ole Miss has beat NOBODY...NOBODY. But they beat 3 nobody's by a lot of points, and are now in the Top 10, about to move up because we beat LSU. Yes, they will free-fall soon, and it will be fun to watch, but perception can & does matter, including how any committee perceives us when the time comes.

I, for one, would prefer to have more than one way to qualify for the playoffs, assuming we get close enough for consideration. If we miss out on the SEC, say due to a loss in the SECCG, who is to say a more reflective score couldn't be the thing that could have put us over the top?

In any case, I'm very, very happy with the win, just disappointed in the way Dan, once again, took his foot off the gas too soon. How many times has that bit us in the ass in the past? This time it didn't cost us the W, but, damn, it easily could have.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2014, 10:38 PM
I think once we were blowing out LSU, most of the media tuned into FSU vs Clemson. They all saw how good we are. Enjoy the win. Nothing to worry about.

Smitty
09-20-2014, 10:42 PM
I doubt anybody here isn't enjoying the win. I, for one am just bemoaning the fact that the media may very well discount our accomplishment more than they should. If you don't think most folks without a "dog-in-the-hunt" are going to do much more than look at the final score and just assume LSU didn't take us seriously and stumbled, you don't know what you're talking about, IMO.

Ole Miss has beat NOBODY...NOBODY. But they beat 3 nobody's by a lot of points, and are now in the Top 10, about to move up because we beat LSU. Yes, they will free-fall soon, and it will be fun to watch, but perception can & does matter, including how any committee perceives us when the time comes.

I, for one, would prefer to have more than one way to qualify for the playoffs, assuming we get close enough for consideration. If we miss out on the SEC, say due to a loss in the SECCG, who is to say a more reflective score couldn't be the thing that could have put us over the top?

In any case, I'm very, very happy with the win, just disappointed in the way Dan, once again, took his foot off the gas too soon. How many times has that bit us in the ass in the past? This time it didn't cost us the W, but, damn, it easily could have.

This very eloquently is what I am trying to say, agreed 100%. The narrative matters. The story goes from an ass whooping to barely hanging on. Perception matters, perception is reality.