PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now, but we may have worked our way out of a SR trip to UNC...

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Based on this mornings projections, they swapped us and South Carolina, which would put us in Tallahassee for a Super and USC in Chapel Hill. If we aren't a Natty Seed....this is the next best case scenario in my opinion. Anything to avoid UNC. And to be honest, that's the way it SHOULD be....we beat USC 3 of 4 this year, so they shouldn't get an easier road to Omaha than us. We earned the chance at avoiding a top 3 team in a Super.

Here's the link....

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1509199

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 11:58 AM
One other thing I just noticed about these projections......

Florida is the 3 seed in FSU's Regional! Wow. I know Florida is down this year, but that is not who I would want as a 3 seed in my Regional. Think about it....we could end up hosting Florida in Starkville in a Super. That would be great. A little payback from a few years ago. Maybe Vickerson could throw out the first pitch!

Coach34
05-25-2013, 12:06 PM
In no way shape or form were we ever headed to NC for a Super match-up

If we cant pull off a national seed, we are going to be matched up with Oregon or Fla State most likely

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I hope you're right, but I disagree with "in no way shape or form were we ever headed to UNC". We definitely shouldn't be though, I agree with you there.

Coach34
05-25-2013, 12:56 PM
I hope you're right, but I disagree with "in no way shape or form were we ever headed to UNC". We definitely shouldn't be though, I agree with you there.

The national people undervalued us in the beginning. I said the Monday before we played SC all we had to do was beat SC and we would host. The national people were saying it would take more. Who turned out to be right?

We didnt go from the bubble of hosting as the pundits had us to on the verge of a national seed just because we beat Mizzou, SC, and A&M this week. We have been a 10-11-12 seed since we took the SC series.