PDA

View Full Version : Hurry up

msstate7
09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Is it a good idea to run this tomorrow night? I think shortening the game would favor us more

Auburn and aTm who run it better haven't had success against the tigers

cheewgumm
09-19-2014, 10:46 AM
That is a great question.

Originally I was thinking it woul dbe better to run clock, but really I want Dak to have more plays. I'm gonig with the more plays Dak gets ,. the better chance we have of winning.

archdog
09-19-2014, 10:48 AM
I believe scoring a bunch would suit us just fine. Don't know if its going fast in the hurry up, or slow grinding score on 17 play drives. Either way, if we score 1 more point than they do and Dak launches himself into the discussion as the front runner for the heisman, then I will be satisfied. It can only happen if we win.

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2014, 10:56 AM
I think it will depend on the feel of the game. If our defense is keeping them in check and the game turns into a grinder then I say slow it down. We don't need a mistake due to tempo to give them the momentum. However, if our offense is in a good rhythm and moving the ball well then the more plays we get off the better. I really don't get the feeling this game is going to be a shoot out. My gut tells me that this will be a no holds barred back alley slug fest and we will need to be measured in what we do and just brawl it out with them. I don't think you beat LSU with an Oregon finesse style approach. I think you beat LSU by punching them in the mouth and as soon as they get back up you punch them again. Then while they are down the second time you kick them in the nuts and then straddle them and punch them in the face until they quit resisting. Then one more hard kick to the ribs for good measure.

msstate7
09-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Last year at auburn, we got a lead and then went ultra conservative? Has dak earned dan's trust enough to go for the knockout punch on the road against a good sec team?

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2014, 11:04 AM
I don't think we need to go ultra-conservative. No Stansbury stall for me. I just don't think we need to be snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock just to be doing it. If we're carving up their defense with the hurry up, though, then by all means snap it like you're getting paid by the play. I am just not sure that would be our best offensive scheme against that kind of team.

All I know is that I am ready to kick this off and see how it plays out one way or the other. The wait is killing me. Tomorrow is going to drag by like a snail trying to go uphill for me. Almost with it was a 8:00AM kickoff.

codeDawg
09-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I would like to see us open with it and throw some short timing route passes to give the OL a chance to feel out the D-Line and open up the run game a little bit, it takes the crowd out because we should be running a scripted series, and hopefully we take it down and score for some early momentum.

We can then slow it down a little as the D catches up to us. The no-huddle plan does give us an opportunity to audible at the line from the sideline, which is great. We are best as a ball control, running team, so we should settle into that. However, I think on the road in a hostile environment it's important to come out and be very aggressive.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2014, 11:26 AM
I think it will depend on the feel of the game. If our defense is keeping them in check and the game turns into a grinder then I say slow it down. We don't need a mistake due to tempo to give them the momentum. However, if our offense is in a good rhythm and moving the ball well then the more plays we get off the better. I really don't get the feeling this game is going to be a shoot out. My gut tells me that this will be a no holds barred back alley slug fest and we will need to be measured in what we do and just brawl it out with them. I don't think you beat LSU with an Oregon finesse style approach. I think you beat LSU by punching them in the mouth and as soon as they get back up you punch them again. Then while they are down the second time you straddle them and you tea bag themuntil they quit resisting. Then one more hard kick to the ribs for good measure.

FIFY

CadaverDawg
09-19-2014, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't mind us hurrying to the line so LSU can't sub...and then letting the clock run and get our play from the sideline. I agree that hurry up may not be the best thing against LSU.