PDA

View Full Version : Auburn just can't help cheating - KSU accusing them of stealing signals...again

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2014, 10:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11551618/kansas-state-wildcats-coach-bill-snyder-accuses-auburn-tigers-signal-stealing

I forgot about FSU accusing them of the same thing in the BCS game last season and we all know about headset gate. I really have a hard time finding a team I hate more than them and that is saying a lot with TSUN, USCw, and Penn State out there.

RougeDawg
09-19-2014, 10:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11551618/kansas-state-wildcats-coach-bill-snyder-accuses-auburn-tigers-signal-stealing

I forgot about FSU accusing them of the same thing in the BCS game last season and we all know about headset gate. I really have a hard time finding a team I hate more than them and that is saying a lot with TSUN, USCw, and Penn State out there.

And elevator gate against Arkansas this year!

War Machine Dawg
09-19-2014, 10:03 AM
If you aren't trying to steal signals, you aren't trying to win. It's no different than a baserunner in baseball trying to steal the catcher's signs. Snyder is just whining because they lost. I do have a problem with hacking headsets, though.

notoriousdog
09-19-2014, 10:05 AM
How does a team "steal" signals? If KSU is making hand signals to their team on the field and Auburn has someone watching the signals and charting what play that corresponds with the signals, is it really stealing?

MetEdDawg
09-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Auburn was making a lot of defensive adjustments and checks last night after KSU would make one on offense. And they did it early in the game too. Seems to me that Auburn just watched the film and was able to scheme for some of KSU's checks at the LOS.

Now if they got on the headset that's a totally different animal. But if teams do their homework and you don't change certain signals from week to week, you will get figured out.

Mjoelner34
09-19-2014, 10:08 AM
To me if you are signaling plays in from the sideline in front of 70,000 people, you shouldn't bitch if someone picks up on it. It's the same as if the QB was in the huddle yelling out the play call and the defense heard it. If I were Malzahn, I would have said "Yeah, we picked them up pretty quick." That would make every other team Auburn plays this year think about it and maybe change their system which could lead to offensive confusion.

On the other hand, when you are on supposedly secure headphones and they listen in, yeah, they are a bunch of cheating bastards!

jumbo
09-19-2014, 10:12 AM
maybe they should worry less about stealing signals and more about scoring more than 14 points on 5 red zone trips. KSU could have won that game easily by 2 scores

Coach34
09-19-2014, 10:15 AM
It's not hard if you pay attention. When I was on the sideline for the State-Tech game a couple years ago- I had half the OC's signals by the 3rd Q. It was damn hard to be on Tech's sideline, know the call, and not be able to yell at Banks what was coming.

FlabLoser
09-19-2014, 11:11 AM
The last time I looked, we had about 3 players giving signals as the same time. All of them were backup QBs. I assume 2 of them are decoys. Isn't that a pretty easy way to disguise the signals?

Mutt the Hoople
09-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Did Auburn steal the signals to make the K-State kicker miss 3 field goals, or have a TD bounce out of the hands of your best receiver for an INT in the end zone?

Westdawg
09-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Not gonna lie, I have stolen signals on at least half the opponents I coached against.
We protected against it by running a WR in on every play. Sucked but worked.

codeDawg
09-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Agree with everyone here. If your signals can be stolen, that's your problem, not the other team's.

BulldogBear
09-19-2014, 02:02 PM
I've never quite understood what the problem is with breaking a code. One word: ULTRA. Guess we owe the Nazis an apology?

War Machine Dawg
09-19-2014, 02:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YapSdEg.jpg

archdog
09-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Stealing hand signals is what it is all about. Now listening in on headsets or bugging the other teams locker room/bench that is cheating.

Westdawg
09-19-2014, 03:43 PM
We changed calling in our signals because opponents were stealing ours. My old HC figured this one team was. Told the qb to run a certain play and then had me signal in a different play that he knew they had stolen in the same formation.
Their DC yelled in a def audible and we scored. Our HC walked about 10 yds on the field and just pointed to his head.... I have never signaled in a play since

Barking 13
09-19-2014, 08:52 PM
maybe so, but from what I heard on the radio on my 8 hour drive, the refs were solidly on KSU's side too.. and I actually pulled for KSU