PDA

View Full Version : Now lee sterling just picked us outright on oob

RC3
09-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Might be taking us on the ml

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Might be taking us on the ml

That's surprising. Lee is on the gambler side and I would've expected "Vegas" people to take LSU.

I think we can win this game and may win this game, but I'm not sure I'd put money on it.

RC3
09-19-2014, 07:28 AM
And just noticed that the line has started dropping back down. Seeing +9 and +9.5

RC3
09-19-2014, 07:29 AM
Vegas was looking to clean up when they set it at 7 originally. The heavy action on lsu early obviously drove it up to double digits

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2014, 07:33 AM
I mean we aren't even ranked....

I was WAY off on this whole ranking thing. I just assumed the media didn't respect us, but apparently they do. There's no way you get this many national college football guys to pick you on the road at a top 10 team unless they think your good.

I have no idea how we aren't ranked. I wonder if pollsters confused us and Ole Miss. Thus combining Ole Miss' votes and driving them up to 10, while driving us out of the polls. Seem plausible?

UMCDawg16
09-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Lee is 75% on CF this year. He knows his stuff.

TrapGame
09-19-2014, 07:42 AM
And Bo was shocked he picked us to win outright. And Sterling's explanation about Metz's numbers and Landry's and Hill's numbers in the game last yr was pretty good. In other words, LSU doesn't have the sharp skill players ready to step up.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2014, 07:59 AM
And Bo was shocked he picked us to win outright. And Sterling's explanation about Metz's numbers and Landry's and Hill's numbers in the game last yr was pretty good. In other words, LSU doesn't have the sharp skill players ready to step up.

Bo has been so screwed up this week because he didn't expect this. Only at MSU does everyone else think we will win a game and our own fans, Bo Bounds & his MSU ex player advisor, think we will lose.

With Auburn, Bo says it's way to early in the season to judge top 5 teams.

With MSU, our secondary is bad because we gave up some deep passes in the UAB game.

These statement are contradictory.

Point is, Bo had an agenda/belief he wanted to share this week, and got caught with his pants down when his opinion was in the minority. He has come across as a arrogant prick that believes he invented football this week. While all the experts pick MSU, he finds every possible way to find fault.

UMCDawg16
09-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Bo has been so screwed up this week because he didn't expect this. Only at MSU does everyone else think we will win a game and our own fans, Bo Bounds & his MSU ex player advisor, think we will lose.

With MSU, our secondary is bad because we gave up some deep passes in the UAB game.

Point is, Bo had an agenda/belief he wanted to share this week, and got caught with his pants down when his opinion was in the minority. He has come across as a arrogant prick that believes he invented football this week. While all the experts pick MSU, he finds every possible way to find fault.

I couldn't have said it better myself. You must be psychic. Bo has made his bed concerning this game and now has to lay in it after all these experts say we have a good shot. His anti-homerism, if you will, got the better of him this week.

RC3
09-19-2014, 08:14 AM
bo is hedging his bets. he knows its a tall task for us to win down there. he has been watching msu football for a long time. if he ends up right on this, his ego will get a huge boost. if he is proven wrong, he wont care, because he will have the win to talk about on his show all week. win win for him

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2014, 08:15 AM
It is pretty obvious. We say we have been wanting respect. It looks like a lot of the media is on the edge of their seats to give it to us. We go down and knock off LSU tomorrow and I think the response from the media Sunday morning will be, "Ole, Miss who? There's another SEC team in MS?"

We're sitting on the edge of greatness, gentlemen. All we've got to do is reach out and take it.

Statefan
09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Agree with all of this thread.

The best part about it is how incredible a win in Death Valley at night is for any team. A win against LSU/AUB/BAMA is always great, but @ Death Valley is about as good as it gets. It would do a lot of national perception of our program, and this is far from the best LSU teams we have played in the last few years.

Not gonna be easy, but it is possible. A win and the next two weeks are going to be glorious

Dawgface
09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
I hope these guys are right. The I told you so's will be out in full force if we lose by 2td's.

Dawg4Life
09-19-2014, 08:35 AM

I like Bo and I enjoy his show. I will keep listening and I think there's room for healthy debate even when I do not agree.

On this issue, my problem is not that he picks LSU. I have had my ass beat so much by LSU that I get anyone that picks LSU to beat us. My problem is that Bo is a like a lot of my friends who are simple-minded and a bit arrogant. They are "talent" experts. They can sip a drink on a Thursday night and the next morning say it is "obvious that Auburn is SOOOO much more talented than KSU...Auburn has SOOO much more talent than MSU, sorry Starkville....blah blah." All week I've listened and every caller/interview about the game is met with "We know LSU has more talent and home field advantage." Then guys like Lee Sterling just blow right past that and pick MSU.

Look, does LSU have more talent right now? In spots, yes...in other spots, no. But they have recruited 4-5 star players so they MUST be more talented, right? This is where guys like him are simple-minded. They only follow other website opinions (to a fault) about how good players are in high school. So, Bo is going to keep picking the teams with higher rated stars in most cases. The only upsets are when there is a home-field advantage or a coaching man crush situation. Other guys around the country (and I'm not saying I agree with them) use much more complicated models in picking games. That is why Griese, Palmer, Sterling, etc. picked MSU this week. Again, they may be wrong but it's a deeper analogy than "this team has 4-5 star players, ergo they are SOOOO much more talented."

thunderclap
09-19-2014, 08:45 AM
He's just making the safe, obvious pick. Face it, odds are against us. Would be nice to have local media as objective as national media.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Stop the presses ladies and gentlemen. At 9:42 on Friday morning, Bo said we had a chance to win. He has officially succumbed to peer pressure. Now he has played both sides of the fence and can't lose. He has no conviction in his own opinion.

BeardoMSU
09-19-2014, 09:53 AM
We're sitting on the edge of greatness, gentlemen. All we've got to do is reach out and take it.

You just gave away your true identity, SVD. So much for anonymity....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_O68HUcHos

WinningIsRelentless
09-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Bo's issue is he doesn't know anything about football besides what he reads as far as recruiting stars. All I heard him talk about was 4 and 5 star talent. If it was easy as looking at "Stars" from some no name high school evaluator the NFL wouldn't spend any money on Scouts and combines.

cheewgumm
09-19-2014, 10:29 AM
BO:

1) I think he tries to battle bias. He likes State and wants them to win, so he tries to maybe go a little overboard in trying to compenstate.

2) He's generally right in what he's saying. We shouldnt beat LSU, Auburn, or A&M, if you look at talent comparison.

We are State fans ans want us to win, obviously. but if you dont follow or know about our players, there is no reason to think we'll win. I'm not offended...just wnat us to come through and win.

Out of Bounds
09-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Healthy debate on my thoughts and the Out of Bounds guests analysis on the Game of the Week, MSU v. LSU, on Elite Dawgs this week. Of course, I/we look at the numbers. Sports is a business for me (and a hobby). The numbers tell us LSU should win. Will they? Who knows? The talent/home-field advantage team wins over 80% of the time in the SEC. I don't make business decisions on emotion and I would have to believe most people on the board do not, either. As for the "he doesn't know anything about football" - this is one of my favorite lines used on all sports talk radio/media guys. Anyway, enjoy the MSU/LSU game and other games this weekend. Cheers, Bo

College football analysts discussing MSU v. LSU on Out of Bounds this week
Podcast: http://*******/1l69XZN

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Healthy debate on my thoughts and the Out of Bounds guests analysis on the Game of the Week, MSU v. LSU, on Elite Dawgs this week. Of course, I/we look at the numbers. Sports is a business for me (and a hobby). The numbers tell us LSU should win. Will they? Who knows? The talent/home-field advantage team wins over 80% of the time in the SEC. I don't make business decisions on emotion and I would have to believe most people on the board do not, either. As for the "he doesn't know anything about football" - this is one of my favorite lines used on all sports talk radio/media guys. Anyway, enjoy the MSU/LSU game and other games this weekend. Cheers, Bo

Nice of you to show up!

I know we give you a lot of crap and love to disagree with and call you names, but I thought your show was great this week. At the end of the day, you gave this game the attention it deserved and that's about all we can ask for.

Obviously, we listen or we wouldn't have anything to complain about. Great guest list this week and conversation topics. Tomorrow night should be a lot of fun.

WinningIsRelentless
09-19-2014, 12:34 PM

The reason the statement is made you don't know football is because you keep bring up 4 and 5 star players. Rankings given in high school are about as useless as having a whore tested for std's two weeks before you were with her.

You kept mentioning how we had no offensive lineman with power conference offers, but you do realize damn near half of the starting lineman in the NFL this year aren't from power conferences? You also mentioned our 6 lineman and left out Rufus Warren who is basically 1b now with Senior. Mark it down Rufus Warren will be on a NFL roster when he leaves state as a OT.

To top it off you said Ole Miss has more 4 and 5 start talent than State, but let me ask you this. How has put more players in the NFL in the last five years state or ole miss?

When you make these type statements it gives that you have no knowledge and just rely on what some so called expert said about kids talent that might have been looked at 4 or 5 years ago. It is like I said earlier if these so called rankings were worth a shit it would be no need for NFL Scouts or hell no reason to play the game. And about these so called experts if they were so damn good they would be coaching/scouting for a college/nfl school.

MarketingBully01
09-19-2014, 12:43 PM
The point of the matter is this LSU team is not a top ten team and is no where near as good as their team was last year. We returned everyone who was anyone this year on a team that was basically in the game until the start of the fourth quarter and the wheels fell off. Personally, this game will come down to the turnover battle as well. We need to make sure that above all else NOT turn the ball over. If we can win the turnover battle, we will win the game convincingly. When we were close in Tiger Stadium in years before we would always lose on a pick six or something like that. If we can dictate our game, we have quite a shot at history.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2014, 01:41 PM
That's surprising. Lee is on the gambler side and I would've expected "Vegas" people to take LSU.

I think we can win this game and may win this game, but I'm not sure I'd put money on it.

The past 22 years of history makes me agree.

MSUDawg4Life
09-19-2014, 01:52 PM

That's not true though. Watch the second half of the Wisconsin game and you'll see they can still throw and catch pretty good when they have to.

The bottom line is we are just going to have to outplay them. We can't hope they have less talent or less developed talent because they are still a very good team.

We've got to take this game from them.

BulldogBear
09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Germany had soooooooo much better tanks, a vastly larger army, better trained soldiers and homefield advantage when Hitler declared war on us on December 11, 1941.

CadaverDawg
09-19-2014, 02:06 PM
The reason the statement is made you don't know football is because you keep bring up 4 and 5 star players. Rankings given in high school are about as useless as having a whore tested for std's two weeks before you were with her.

You kept mentioning how we had no offensive lineman with power conference offers, but you do realize damn near half of the starting lineman in the NFL this year aren't from power conferences? You also mentioned our 6 lineman and left out Rufus Warren who is basically 1b now with Senior. Mark it down Rufus Warren will be on a NFL roster when he leaves state as a OT.

To top it off you said Ole Miss has more 4 and 5 start talent than State, but let me ask you this. How has put more players in the NFL in the last five years state or ole miss?

When you make these type statements it gives that you have no knowledge and just rely on what some so called expert said about kids talent that might have been looked at 4 or 5 years ago. It is like I said earlier if these so called rankings were worth a shit it would be no need for NFL Scouts or hell no reason to play the game. And about these so called experts if they were so damn good they would be coaching/scouting for a college/nfl school.

Exactly. Bo DOESN'T know football. He just doesn't. I'm not saying he's a bad guy. And I listen to his show. But the only thing he "knows" about football is what he hears from "experts". He doesn't come up with anything original. And for him to come and defend that on here makes it even more obvious in my opinion.

Like today, he kept saying that it was a ballsy move for Malzahn to throw the deep ball late last night. I agree, it was. But He said, "the reason you can do that is because you have a 5 star guy in Duke Williams as the WR". Actually, He had to ask his producer what Duke was ranked in recruiting, and when he said a 5 star, Bo said the above quote as if it all just suddenly made sense! Malzahn would have never called that play if he had not had a "5 star WR" out there!!1! It's just a dumb way of looking at things and proves that you have no actual knowledge...only what people you think are knowledgeable tell you.

Again, don't take it personal Bo. The reason I listen to your show is because you have some good guests, and because you are a MSU guy. But the reason I get frustrated with your show, is because you try so hard not to be biased, that you have developed an OM way of thinking. You think it's all about the starz, and about the recruiting ranking, but it's not. Last year MSU finished above OM yet again despite having less starz, and a lower recruiting ranking. If you want to appeal to your OM listeners, I totally get that, and you should...but it doesn't mean you have to adopt their delusional state of mind. Think for yourself man. Football games are never won on paper. Players have to fit a system and be developed too.

I appreciate your sponsoring of this board, and I will continue listening to your show. I just wish you would start thinking for yourself and not basing everything on recruiting rankings. It makes you lose credibility, and makes it appear that everything you claim to "know" is based on what Steve Rosebowl Robertson, and people like him, tell you. Think about that.

And it doesn't make you seem "cool" to start every interview with an "expert" with "I know MSU has less talent", etc, and paint this negative picture. How bout trying to build up our image instead of acting insecure about it. We aren't the Bulldogs of old....so it's time we all grow a pair and start being proud to be a Dawg, and acknowledge that we are now a valuable part of the strongest and best conference in all of football.

TrapGame
09-19-2014, 02:16 PM
That's not true though. Watch the second half of the Wisconsin game and you'll see they can still throw and catch pretty good when they have to.

The bottom line is we are just going to have to outplay them. We can't hope they have less talent or less developed talent because they are still a very good team.

We've got to take this game from them.

That's from Lee Sterling's analysis but I think his point rests mainly on what LSU has now is nowhere near Landry and Beckham. Can these guys ball in Tigah Stadium, hell yes. But, I don't think Jennings can get them the ball when it counts. Our defense is much better than the Badgers'.

CadaverDawg
09-19-2014, 02:20 PM

Oh, and Bo....thanks for the Four Roses Bourbon mentions. I tried it last weekend and the "small batch" is top notch.

State82
09-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Oh, and Bo....thanks for the Four Roses Bourbon mentions. I tried it last weekend and the "small batch" is top notch.

And if you think that's good, crack open a jug of the Single Barrel and try it on for size.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2014, 08:23 AM
IMO the biggest mistake Bo made this week was on Monday when he said that Ole Miss was clearly better than MSU. That comment lacked research and perspective.

Yes, MSU has flaws, as does every team, but Ole Miss has a flaw that's rarely been overcome in the history of football. All experts that have ever covered this game from the Jr high level to the NFL would agree that if you can't run the football or stop the run, you will have a damn hard time beating any team with a pulse. Again, MSU has flaws as well, but OM's is far more easily exploitable.

Him saying OM was clearly better was just a stupid comment that lacked basic football knowledge and understanding.

Yes, MSU plays a cruder, tougher to watch style of football than Ole Miss, but don't confuse that with better. MSU's cruder, less flashy style may not make the headlines but the style has worked for over 100 years and is just as effective.

gravedigger
09-20-2014, 08:38 AM

I was WAY off on this whole ranking thing. I just assumed the media didn't respect us, but apparently they do. There's no way you get this many national college football guys to pick you on the road at a top 10 team unless they think your good.

I have no idea how we aren't ranked. I wonder if pollsters confused us and Ole Miss. Thus combining Ole Miss' votes and driving them up to 10, while driving us out of the polls. Seem plausible?

No. Sounds bitter. If they are overrated good. Ifwe are underrated even better.

The "why" will come out.

RC3
09-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Four roses is garbage IMO
Haha

Political Hack
09-20-2014, 10:02 AM

yeah. ole miss. and then ole miss with maybe a little ole miss after we talk about ole miss. ole miss.

Political Hack
09-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Bo isn't a self proclaimed expert though. otherwise he wouldn't need to invite people on his show. He's a radio host. He's not Phil Steele. Not sure why people critique his opinions as much as they do considering he's not a college football analyst.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Bo isn't a self proclaimed expert though. otherwise he wouldn't need to invite people on his show. He's a radio host. He's not Phil Steele. Not sure why people critique his opinions as much as they do considering he's not a college football analyst.

He just came on here and mocked someone for questioning his knowledge...so apparently he DOES think he is a football expert

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2014, 11:05 AM
He just came on here and mocked someone for questioning his knowledge...so apparently he DOES think he is a football expert

And he won't show back up because he knows he has been had.