PDA

View Full Version : Another C34 "I told you so" OL thread vs LSU

Coach34
09-18-2014, 09:36 PM
There is no dispute that many people around the country said that LSU may have the best OL in the country coming into this season. 4 starters returned plus other talent Miles has accrued.

Thru 3 games:

State 146/781- 5.35 ypc...260 ypg
LSU 157/679- 4.32 ypc....226 ypg

Advantage State

Sacks allowed:

State- 5
LSU- 6

Tackles for loss allowed:

State - 11
LSU- 16

Long rushing plays:

10+ yards- State 24...LSU 15

We dont have enough stars on the OL huh?

RC3
09-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Between the two of us, we have played one decent team. Pointless at this point IMO. I hope you're right. I hope our Oline is
Dominant. But to be honest, I doubt they are. Serviceable will be perfectly fine in my book

borne
09-19-2014, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't say we have played a decent team. Wisconsin cannot be compared to UAB. But I do agree that our O-line has performed well. We don't like to sit back and stand in the pocket so do not need the same type of O-lineman as some teams to be successful.

Alldawg
09-19-2014, 08:53 AM
I think that is why RC said between the two of us, meaning that out of the six games played, only Wisconsin would be considered a decent team.

borne
09-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Oh sorry RC3 i misread that... I thought he was saying we have each played one decent team. Multitasking at work

RougeDawg
09-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Coach, speaking of LSU OL, have we heard anything else about their multiple player injuries they have accumulated? Ross Dellenger tweeted about Multiole linemen going down and out against ULM. Miles tried to downplay all of the questions about it.

RC3
09-19-2014, 09:52 AM
I think that is why RC said between the two of us, meaning that out of the six games played, only Wisconsin would be considered a decent team.

correct sir

HancockCountyDog
09-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Shouldn't we wait to see how our OL performs against LSU before we decide that they are really good? Just wondering.

Coach34
09-19-2014, 09:55 AM
I look forward to tomorrow- certainly will be a big test for the OL. But LSU's DL is no better than what they face everyday in practice. That makes a big difference in preparation

HoopsDawg
09-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Way too early for an I told you so thread. Way too early and bad timing considering we are about to play our first team with a pulse.

SignalToNoise
09-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Way too early for an I told you so thread. Way too early and bad timing considering we are about to play our first team with a pulse.

How do we define "no pulse"?

I thought UAB and USA had pulses- we were just the better team.

TrapGame
09-19-2014, 10:38 AM

Briscoe and Bridge may be better QBs than Jennings. Jennings has the luxury of a SEC OL in front of him.

Coach34
09-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Coach, speaking of LSU OL, have we heard anything else about their multiple player injuries they have accumulated? Ross Dellenger tweeted about Multiole linemen going down and out against ULM. Miles tried to downplay all of the questions about it.

They are beat up but they will still be solid upfront. They have 8-9 good linemen. Our DL should give them all they want though- and I'll disappointed if we don't control the LOS

defiantdog
09-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Elliot Porter is back for them.... LSU's center. That should help. But they are currently moving a guard to play right tackle.... not sure why they made that move for this week. Could be because of an injury.

CadaverDawg
09-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Between the two of us, we have played one decent team. Pointless at this point IMO. I hope you're right. I hope our Oline is
Dominant. But to be honest, I doubt they are. Serviceable will be perfectly fine in my book

This.

Face palm to Coach. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks everyone that reads this board is a moron. #NobodyWithSenseIsFallingForThis

Jack Lambert
09-19-2014, 01:32 PM
I think us having played three spread offenses and LSU is a Pro set offense this game is going to be relaxing for our defense. Not much thinking on our part. Shut the run down then they have to pass. We win if that happens. Just my opinion. Plus I want to add that LSU has not faced a Defensive line this season like they are going to face Sauturday. Our front seven are fast giants and we have debth to give them needed rest. LSU has not impress me one bit. My only concern is cheap shots by thier defensive players on our skill players and the Refs letting them get away with it.

RougeDawg
09-19-2014, 01:37 PM
Elliot Porter is back for them.... LSU's center. That should help. But they are currently moving a guard to play right tackle.... not sure why they made that move for this week. Could be because of an injury.

Go back and check out Dellenger's tweets from Monday or Tuesday about the OL dropping like flies against ULM and miles answering one of the reporters questions about the OL and injuries. Miles said something along those lines, "we are still trying to figure out who the best 5 will be for this weekend."

Coach34
09-19-2014, 01:51 PM
This.
Sometimes I wonder if he thinks everyone that reads this board is a moron.

I really do wonder sometimes

LSU got sacked twice by Sam Houston St. Some of ya'll would go apeshit if that happened to us and talk about how this is the worst OL ya'll have ever seen

CadaverDawg
09-19-2014, 02:26 PM
I really do wonder sometimes

LSU got sacked twice by Sam Houston St. Some of ya'll would go apeshit if that happened to us and talk about how this is the worst OL ya'll have ever seen

Haha, we got sacked twice against USM! So we did!

Coach34
09-19-2014, 02:29 PM
USM got them a sack vs Bama as well

CadaverDawg
09-19-2014, 02:41 PM

Aaaand? I hope our OL does well going forward, but they have been far from "great" so far. You said they were the best group Mullen has ever had here....Umm, no. And beating your chest about rushing and sack stats vs the sisters of the poor doesn't make your "best evah" statement less insane.

But hopefully they can rise to the occasion, because we can accomplish big things this year if they dominate the way you say they will dominate all season.

Coach34
09-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Aaaand? I hope our OL does well going forward, but they have been far from "great" so far. You said they were the best group Mullen has ever had here....Umm, no.

based on what? Us gaining over 500 yards for 3 straight games?

TUSK
09-19-2014, 04:07 PM

You're right... Coker got sacked in garbage time vs USM... he's been less than "impressive"... Sims however, has a lil David Palmer in him... he'd be tough to catch in a phone booth.

Bama OL:
2 sacks allowed
10 TFL
270 yds/game
6.24YPC

It's not a dominant line, but I'm hoping they'll gel...

defiantdog
09-19-2014, 04:12 PM
You're right... Coker got sacked in garbage time vs USM... he's been less than "impressive"... Sims however, has a lil David Palmer in him... he'd be tough to catch in a phone booth.

Bama OL:
2 sacks allowed
10 TFL
270 yds/game
6.24YPC

It's not a dominant line, but I'm hoping they'll gel...

Fowler Jr. may change that stat tomorrow

defiantdog
09-19-2014, 04:13 PM
If our OL stops Rasco tomorrow, then I'll be convinced our OL is solid.

TUSK
09-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Fowler Jr. may change that stat tomorrow

that cat (Fowler) is a M.A.N.... no doubt...

he's gonna need a cheetah duct taped to his back to catch Sims, though!

defiantdog
09-19-2014, 04:56 PM
that cat (Fowler) is a M.A.N.... no doubt...

he's gonna need a cheetah duct taped to his back to catch Sims, though!

I'm interested in seeing the matchup between Hargreaves and Cooper. That'll be the closest thing since Julio Jones vs Patrick Peterson IMO.

Oh and the Cheetah won't be available for Florida, Matt Wells plays for us.

Dawgcentral
09-19-2014, 05:30 PM
That O-line for LSU is really big. We know they'll pound the ball to set up the play action. Keep them in 3rd and long situations and we'll have success.

We'll need all of that depth along the defensive front. The 4th quarter will tell the tale. My upmost concerns are the kicking game and a hostile crowd. Overcome that and we win a close game.