PDA

View Full Version : Does the sense of more parody

gravedigger
09-18-2014, 07:25 PM
In the sec give many the notion it's a "down" year?

Top to bottom With the exception of vandy, I'd say we are stronger than the prevoius 7 years with maybe the exception of last year.

I say the big bad dominant bama teams gave the not so accurate impression that the conference as a whole was strong when in fact, it wasn't necessarily.

If say that if the west champion gets to Atlanta with less than 2 losses, they have done something unique. Arkansas isn't great but as the lowest rated team, they are no gimmie. The other 6 teams in the west are better than the liberty and music city bowls that at least one will be relegated to.

Lsu and bama are certainly not on the level of previous years, but state, ole miss, and a&m are certainly improved from last year. That leaves, oh by the way, the team that played for the natty lat year.

The conference isn't strong because of the number of past championships. It's strong bc of the number of teams that will have a legitimate shot at it.

DancingRabbit
09-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Nevermind, I thought this was about FauxHughFreeze.

MabenMaroon
09-18-2014, 07:35 PM
In the sec give many the notion it's a "down" year?

Top to bottom With the exception of vandy, I'd say we are stronger than the prevoius 7 years with maybe the exception of last year.

I say the big bad dominant bama teams gave the not so accurate impression that the conference as a whole was strong when in fact, it wasn't necessarily.

If say that if the west champion gets to Atlanta with less than 2 losses, they have done something unique. Arkansas isn't great but as the lowest rated team, they are no gimmie. The other 6 teams in the west are better than the liberty and music city bowls that at least one will be relegated to.

Lsu and bama are certainly not on the level of previous years, but state, ole miss, and a&m are certainly improved from last year. That leaves, oh by the way, the team that played for the natty lat year.

The conference isn't strong because of the number of past championships. It's strong bc of the number of teams that will have a legitimate shot at it.

Parity?

Alldawg
09-18-2014, 07:37 PM
From top to bottom, this may be the best the SEC has ever been. Head coaching hires probably have more to do with it than anything else. The jury is still out on a couple, but I would say 9 schools have the right coach for their program. We may be lacking that one dominate team but we could still match our best with any other in the nation and I would take the SEC

gravedigger
09-18-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm no spellar

Coach34
09-18-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm no spellar

haha- thats awesome

Coach34
09-18-2014, 07:59 PM
From top to bottom, this may be the best the SEC has ever been.

I agree 100%

TUSK
09-18-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm no spellar

we will practice your spellin' as you drive me to Canaan.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2014, 08:36 PM
I think Bama, LSU, and Auburn have all come back to the pack a little bit this season based on what I've seen so far. But it looks like aTm is picking up where they left off. We're improved and so is UPig. BearSharks suck, but have looked impressive against St. Mary's Sister's of the Poor and Hellen Keller's School for the blind.

As for the East, everyone on that side looks pretty solid. UK is definitely improved. I'm shocked at how good TN has looked so far, having to replace all 9 starting linemen from last season.

I definitely agree that top to bottom this is as competitive as the SEC has ever been. And it's going to get even tougher when we add UNC & Virginia.