PDA

View Full Version : LSU really said this?

Coach34
09-18-2014, 05:30 PM
"With them having a really good offensive line, we have to make sure that we just attack the line of scrimmage and make sure that we stay in our gaps and clog the holes LSU defensive tackle Christian LaCouture (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/545904/christian-lacouture) said.

K9 Avenger
09-18-2014, 07:45 PM
"With them having a really good offensive line, we have to make sure that we just attack the line of scrimmage and make sure that we stay in our gaps and clog the holes LSU defensive tackle Christian LaCouture (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/545904/christian-lacouture) said.

Hmmmm...so much for the "our o-line sux" narrative.

Coach 57
09-18-2014, 08:12 PM
I've never understood why people were so critical. I've actually thought (considering we had to find a RT) we did well. Did they look uninspired at times ....yes. But when they wanted to grate you, they'd grate you over pretty good.

msstate7
09-18-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm not saying we don't have a good line, but what do you expect lsu to say? That we have a terrible oline and they're gonna kill us?

Alldawg
09-18-2014, 08:26 PM
LSU may have some issues off the field, but I really believe Les puts a lid on his players when it comes to football. Les may be crazy, he may eat grass, and might not be able to tell time, but I think he is a good guy. After Spurrier, I would say he is definitely the most entertaining.

Coach34
09-18-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm not saying we don't have a good line, but what do you expect lsu to say? That we have a terrible oline and they're gonna kill us?

He didnt have to compliment our OL at all- he could have gone a 100 different directions with his statement

RC3
09-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Haven't we given up 5 or 6 sacks?

gravedigger
09-18-2014, 08:47 PM
If you really just watch the ol in our games they get a great push.

Minus the goal line stand vs usm I have no issue with them. It's our audibles and our willingness to get the ball to the playmaker quickly.

Coach34
09-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Haven't we given up 5 or 6 sacks?

sacks allowed in the SEC

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html

People are saying LSU has the best OL in the nation- and they have given up one more sack than us

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2014, 09:11 PM
sacks allowed in the SEC

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html

People are saying LSU has the best OL in the nation- and they have given up one more sack than us

Not to mention at least 2 of our sacks so far have been because Dak either A) didn't get rid of the damn ball or B) ran right back into a D-Lineman. Dunno how you blame those on the OL.

Todd4State
09-18-2014, 09:13 PM
I've never understood why people were so critical. I've actually thought (considering we had to find a RT) we did well. Did they look uninspired at times ....yes. But when they wanted to grate you, they'd grate you over pretty good.

It's very simple. Hevesey is the scapegoat for many of our fans because other super Internet fans have convinced people that he can't recruit.

DownwardDawg
09-18-2014, 09:19 PM
It's obvious to me that I don't know shit about the o-line. They've looked bad at times, but I don't notice them when they don't look bad. I thought they looked terrible in the 1st part of the USA game, but when I look at the 1st three games as a whole, I guess they really have done a pretty good job considering we've played the 2nd string QB and 2nd and 3rd string RB's half the time.

K9 Avenger
09-18-2014, 09:30 PM
It's very simple. Hevesey is the scapegoat for many of our fans because other super Internet fans have convinced people that he can't recruit.

Todd's spot on....it's become some type of bizarre, urban myth.

RC3
09-18-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm
Not saying our o line is good or bad. I'm still skeptical. But coach continually pointed out that we weren't giving up sacks last year, so that means we were good at this position

Anyways. We will find out how good every unit is in 48 hours. Can't wait
Hailstate