PDA

View Full Version : After Dak and J-Rob how would you rank the offensive weapons?

Irondawg
09-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Mine would be:

1) Tubby
2) Bear
3) MJ
4) Ross
5) Brown
6) Holloway
7) RJ
8) Shump
9) Griffin
10) Morrow

msstate7
09-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Although we don't use Malcolm enough, I think he may be our best offensive weapon besides dak and jrob.

defiantdog
09-18-2014, 12:46 PM
1) Our entire offensive line
1) MJ - unblockable down the middle
2) Tubby - same as MJ
3) Shump - for blocking purposes
4) Brown / Bear / Ross / RJ / Morrow - 7 and 8 yard passes might be exactly what we need to open up the passing game
5) everyone else

thf24
09-18-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm a little bit lower on Bear at this point than I was when the season started because he's gotten hit with so many pass interference calls. I know it's not all his fault, but it's hard to call him a top weapon until he can demonstrate he's learned how to avoid those. I'd put MoJo and RoJo above him at this point. The Freds have looked pretty good so far, but I'll need to see a little bit more from them before I put them ahead of RoJo with his experience.

maroonmania
09-18-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm a little bit lower on Bear at this point than I was when the season started because he's gotten hit with so many pass interference calls. I know it's not all his fault, but it's hard to call him a top weapon until he can demonstrate he's learned how to avoid those. I'd put MoJo and RoJo above him at this point. The Freds have looked pretty good so far, but I'll need to see a little bit more from them before I put them ahead of RoJo with his experience.

Yep, OPI penalties are drive killers. He's got to quit using his hands to either push or sling the defender that's on him. He got away with it more last year but now he's got a reputation so the refs are watching for it.

Johnson85
09-18-2014, 02:20 PM
(1) Malcolm Johnson
(2a) Tubby
(2b) Fred Ross (I may be overly high on him, he just looks good to me, as a sophomore well beyond where I can remember anybody else recently except for Bumphis).

This is ignoring blocking, or RJ would be higher.

chef dixon
09-18-2014, 02:51 PM
(1) Malcolm Johnson
(2a) Tubby
(2b) Fred Ross (I may be overly high on him, he just looks good to me, as a sophomore well beyond where I can remember anybody else recently except for Bumphis).

This is ignoring blocking, or RJ would be higher.

I agree Johnson, with Ross you can tell that he has been coached well for a long time. De'Runnya gets most of the love, and I can definitely see why because of his size, but you can tell he's still pretty raw with some of his penalties and drops. None of our WR's really get an opportunity to breakout under Mullen considering he uses about 7 or 8 guys throughout the game.