PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Quote from TD talking about our Front 7

TheRef
09-18-2014, 09:11 AM
And it's actually quite humorous when you think about it.

"Their *starting* front 7 is very good. The issue becomes when LSU wears them down. They don't have the horses behind them to plug in and stay at the same level. This is where LSU has a big advantage, and why LSU will pull away later in the game."

RougeDawg
09-18-2014, 09:19 AM

"Their *starting* front 7 is very good. The issue becomes when LSU wears them down. They don't have the horses behind them to plug in and stay at the same level. This is where LSU has a big advantage, and why LSU will pull away later in the game."

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that guy obviously didn't hear the Bama players say we were the most physical defense they played all season. I believe this was after they played Bama.

Plus, what about their OL injurues. Don't they have multiple guys banged up and had to rotate out against ulm? I think it was Ross Dellenger tweeting about it Monday and that Les wouldn't discuss when asked during his weekly presser. I'm pretty sure Ross said that multiple starting linemen went down during ULM game and their injuries were unknown. Anybody else got some intel on this?

TheRef
09-18-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that guy obviously didn't hear the Bama players say we were the most physical defense they played all season. I believe this was after they played Bama.

Plus, what about their OL injurues. Don't they have multiple guys banged up and had to rotate out against ulm? I think it was Ross Dellenger tweeting about it Monday and that Les wouldn't discuss when asked during his weekly presser. I'm pretty sure Ross said that multiple starting linemen went down during ULM game and their injuries were unknown. Anybody else got some intel on this?

Miles said that he's still trying to figure out his "best five" for the game on Wednesday.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Miles said that he's still trying to figure out his "best five" for the game on Wednesday.

He needs a 1a and 1b.***

RougeDawg
09-18-2014, 09:27 AM

Translate "best five that are heathy enough to play"!

Strange week around here at work. Been working down in CornDog country 6 years now and this is the only year I haven't heard one peep out of any corndogs. When we sucked they tapped all week. The last few years they were more toned back, but bever silent. It has been abnormally quiet all this week. I believe they see the handwriting on the wall and know they haven't been tested yet.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Translate "best five that are heathy enough to play"!

Strange week around here at work. Been working down in CornDog country 6 years now and this is the only year I haven't heard one peep out of any corndogs. When we sucked they tapped all week. The last few years they were more toned back, but bever silent. It has been abnormally quiet all this week. I believe they see the handwriting on the wall and know they haven't been tested yet.

They know what's coming.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]787[/ATTACH

archdog
09-18-2014, 09:59 AM
God I wish we were playing tonight. I want to beat these guys by 45 and I want everyone in the nation see us do it.

CadaverDawg
09-18-2014, 10:02 AM

This guy definitely hasn't watched nor researched our team. We are far from "no depth" on our Front 7. Hell, I would feel pretty confident starting our back up front 7. No other positions on the field would I feel confident about that, but I would with that group. They will not wear us down. They may beat us, but it won't be because we wear down on the front 7 and have incapable back ups.

This guy sounds worried, so he is trying to make a blanket statement to calm the masses

TheRef
09-18-2014, 10:04 AM
This guy definitely hasn't watched nor researched our team. We are far from "no depth" on our Front 7. Hell, I would feel pretty confident starting our back up front 7. No other positions on the field would I feel confident about that, but I would with that group. They will not wear us down. They may beat us, but it won't be because we wear down on the front 7 and have incapable back ups.

This guy sounds worried, so he is trying to make a blanket statement to calm the masses

What's funny is that they probably don't realize that technically Chris Jones isn't a "starter"

SignalToNoise
09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Ahh, the good ole "they will wear down" analysis.

Because LSU has special and unique starters that do not ever succumb to fatigue, you see. Only MSU has that problem.