PDA

View Full Version : LSU Game Predictions from ESPN

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2014, 08:12 AM
3 of the 7 writers picking winners picked us to win Saturday.

Why LSU wins: LSU has won 14 in a row in this series, but that won?t matter on Saturday. The Tigers will beat Mississippi State again on Saturday because they are the better team -- and it doesn?t hurt that they?re playing at night at Tiger Stadium, a scenario in which they?re 43-3 under Les Miles. LSU 28, Mississippi State 14 -- David Ching

Why Mississippi State wins: How good is LSU? I watched the first half against Wisconsin and was less than impressed. I still don?t trust Anthony Jennings at quarterback. Meanwhile, Mississippi State comes in with a little bit of a chip on its shoulder, having not won in Death Valley since 1991, and Dak Prescott, a Louisiana native, gave the LSU defense fits in last year?s game. Mississippi State 24, LSU 21 -- Greg Ostendorf

rabbitthedawg
09-18-2014, 08:35 AM
That is why they play the games. Everyone has their opinion. A State win would be monumental! Can you imagine the atmosphere at the A&M game should the dawgs pull off a win in Baton Rouge?

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
09-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Just looked at that and was about to post the link. Alex Scarborough has been high on us for awhile now, but interesting to see that a couple others actually agree with him. This is the one year I really wish this game was at home. A Vandy for LSU home team venue switch would be awesome.

Dawgheadcheese
09-18-2014, 09:31 AM
That is why they play the games. Everyone has their opinion. A State win would be monumental! Can you imagine the atmosphere at the A&M game should the dawgs pull off a win in Baton Rouge?

Not complaining about your comment - but this is why MSU has such a hard time in games like this weekend. The thought that a win this year against LSU would be "monumental". You know, in years past when we had much lesser talent (and LSU was loaded with talent), a win down there would be "monumental". This year, MSU players, coaches and fans should simply consider this game very winnable - that's all. I wish our coaches could somehow instill in the players that if they simply play solid in all facets of the game, they can and should come out of there with a win. But instead, we will probably go into the game tight as hell and thinking we have to be perfect on every play and end up stepping on ourselves more than anything LSU will hit us with. We have a serious little man syndrome. With Dak at the helm, maybe this will be the game we get things right from a mental perspective.

RougeDawg
09-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Not complaining about your comment - but this is why MSU has such a hard time in games like this weekend. The thought that a win this year against LSU would be "monumental". You know, in years past when we had much lesser talent (and LSU was loaded with talent), a win down there would be "monumental". This year, MSU players, coaches and fans should simply consider this game very winnable - that's all. I wish our coaches could somehow instill in the players that if they simply play solid in all facets of the game, they can and should come out of there with a win. But instead, we will probably go into the game tight as hell and thinking we have to be perfect on every play and end up stepping on ourselves more than anything LSU will hit us with. We have a serious little man syndrome. With Dak at the helm, maybe this will be the game we get things right from a mental perspective.

Ex-f*cking-actly. Based on each team presently and what I've seen the first 3 weeks of the season, We are the better "team" and I expect the better team to win Saturday night, and most games for that matter. I didn't say most talented. We are the better overall team from top to bottom. We should come out on top. The only upset I see Saturday night is if we don't show up. If we show up, we will win by double digits.

Bully041184
09-18-2014, 09:58 AM

I have no doubt the coaches approach the kids like that. But it's when the fans start to talking like they can win every game, then you're a delusional bear fan.

DudyDawg
09-18-2014, 10:02 AM

Considering they've lost, what, 3 home night games with Miles, us making it four is pretty monumental. Hell, Bama beating them at Tiger Stadium at night is a monumental move. That doesn't mean I don't expect us to have a great shot to win, and I do think we would win this game in Starkville, but considering their record there, it would be monumental for any team

RougeDawg
09-18-2014, 10:03 AM
I have no doubt the coaches approach the kids like that. But it's when the fans start to talking like they can win every game, then you're a delusional bear fan.

What? It's delusional if your team is inadequate(like the bears) and you think you can win every game but we are as adequate 2 deep on defense as any team in the league. Plus have one of the top offenses. Id say that should have you in every ball game.

Bear troll alert.......

Bully041184
09-18-2014, 10:15 AM
What? It's delusional if your team is inadequate(like the bears) and you think you can win every game but we are as adequate 2 deep on defense as any team in the league. Plus have one of the top offenses. Id say that should have you in every ball game.

Bear troll alert.......

Christ dude. I'm in your boat...I think we're in the running to beat any of teams in our league. What I didn't agree with the OP was that he doesn't think the coaches have the same mentality and have to peg certain games as monumental.

Low post count: HE MUST BE A TROLL!!!!

EdDawg
09-18-2014, 10:39 AM
I believe their record at home has more to do with the caliber of teams they have had since Miles, however I do not think this years team is the caliber it has been in the past.

I really didn't want to comment this week. I'm just so ready for Saturday to be here.

maroonmania
09-18-2014, 10:50 AM

The first time a Dan Mullen coached MSU team beats a Top 10 to 15 ranked team it WILL be monumental. Why? Because in now his 6th season he has never done it before. I know people get tired of hearing that but it is the gospel truth. And the longer it goes on the more monumental it would be. And if he finally makes the breakthrough against a team that has a 14 game winning on us and in a place where that team almost never loses it will be even that much bigger. I will give you it won't be a monumental upset because on paper I actually think the teams are reasonably close in strengths and weaknesses but it will still be a monumental win that we actually for once got it done.

Dawgheadcheese
09-18-2014, 11:33 AM
The first time a Dan Mullen coached MSU team beats a Top 10 to 15 ranked team it WILL be monumental. Why? Because in now his 6th season he has never done it before. I know people get tired of hearing that but it is the gospel truth. And the longer it goes on the more monumental it would be. And if he finally makes the breakthrough against a team that has a 14 game winning on us and in a place where that team almost never loses it will be even that much bigger. I will give you it won't be a monumental upset because on paper I actually think the teams are reasonably close in strengths and weaknesses but it will still be a monumental win that we actually for once got it done.

My opinion is that LSU isn't a top 10 or 15 team this year. I think they have slipped considerable and, like OM, are simply ranked that high due to schedule so far. I think LSU is more in the 15-25 range which is also where MSU should be. Therefore, regardless of how many times LSU has lost in BR at night, we should be able to go toe to toe with them and the players should expect a win if they play to their potential. Again, my biggest concern is that they let this game get in their heads and come out so tight they get behind early and have a hard time playing catch up. They need to come out confident and punch LSU in the f'in mouth.