PDA

View Full Version : They're showing me lots of love!!

Bucky Dog
09-18-2014, 06:25 AM
When I read a story about a recruit, oftentimes they say "they're showing me lots of love" or, "they showed me the most love", and it's mostly the Bears they are talking about. I read in the Patterson article yesterday and Richmond last week, and on and on. Am I reading too much into that or what? I don't believe that when the guys that committed to us recently went on and on about the love we showed them, it was more like it being a great opportunity and the coaches and such. I'm sure a few May have said it but don't recall.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2014, 06:50 AM
Demetric Warren, the director of scouting for Varsity Preps, believes an outside -the-box approach is effective, but says recruits have become blinded by all of the different tactics. He feels too many of them are choosing schools for the wrong reasons. "Kids are no longer picking schools that are going to develop them academically, athletically and socially," Warren says. "They are now picking schools that are showing them the 'most love.' Kids and parents aren't doing their due diligence to make sure that this coach is the right person. It's all about showing me love."

Concurrently, however, "Showing me more love" can also be code for, "I'm higher on that team's board than the others." Sometime coaching staff truly are showing more love to a prospect than another school because they actually want the player more.

This was exactly the case with one of our o-line targets that just committed to another school in the Big 12

dawggoneit
09-18-2014, 07:29 AM
OM's recruiting motto is "we love you long time!"

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2014, 07:34 AM
OM's recruiting motto is "we love you long time!"

TSUN Director of Recruiting?

http://content8.flixster.com/question/68/39/56/6839562_std.jpg

Bucky Dog
09-18-2014, 09:25 AM
I forgot which recruit was saying it last week, maybe Adams, mentioned that when he goes to OM he is always surrounded by beautiful women and everybody shows him lots if love.

RossDawg82
09-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Jamal Peters has said on twitter that State is showing him love. A lot of recruits are saying that these days

maroonmania
09-18-2014, 11:29 AM
I forgot which recruit was saying it last week, maybe Adams, mentioned that when he goes to OM he is always surrounded by beautiful women and everybody shows him lots if love.

So maybe what they are really saying is the school is 'providing' me more love. As in providing me females on my visits. Sounds like that is a pretty common practice in Oxford as well as some other places.