PDA

View Full Version : Did y'all hear Freeze on Finebaum today

CadaverDawg
09-17-2014, 06:28 PM
He was saying stuff like...

"Well I'm not so sure we're deserving of our ranking yet"

And

"I've been trying to remind everyone around our program that we're ahead of schedule"

Sounds like he's prepping the OM delusionists for their eventual fall from grace this season. It was pretty comical

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 06:32 PM

And

"I've been trying to remind everyone around our program that we're ahead of schedule"

Sounds like he's prepping the OM delusionists for their eventual fall from grace this season. It was pretty comical

Typical Freeze, trying to save his ass if the team falls apart this year.

BeardoMSU
09-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Is that what he said? That wasn't my interpretation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOkOjyQmOz0

starkvegasdawg
09-17-2014, 06:34 PM
He knows in a few weeks bama is going to break off about 300 yards rushing against them.

I seen it dawg
09-17-2014, 07:04 PM
He's a *****. Look out Bucky jameis got the lube out.

sleepy dawg
09-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Hell, I agree with him... The other side of it is having all your fans holding up #WeBelieve signs and then losing and wanting the coach fired.

BeardoMSU
09-17-2014, 07:20 PM
The other side of it is having all your fans holding up #WeBelieve signs and then losing and wanting the coach fired.

Ouch...and the ref takes a point away.

Bully Dee Williams
09-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Did he say anything about needing to get some more recruits?

cheewgumm
09-17-2014, 07:41 PM
They have a lot more talent though. He has no excuse.

FlabLoser
09-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Underpromise and overdeliver is Success 101.

Freeze always talks down expectations and talks up past results. Going into a game, he'll have you thinking they'll being doing good to compete. After a win, he'll talk like he beat the Seahawks.

After the Boise State win his first words in the weekly press conference was that it was great to get a win over the NCAA's winning school over the past X years. See..BSU is way down this year, but he'll talk about it like they did something substantial.

missouridawg
09-17-2014, 08:30 PM

And

He's been talking like this all summer. Expectations are about to drown him.

Schultzy
09-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Can't blame him for trying to tamp expectations now, he knows the downhill running game offenses ahead of him are a problem for his personnel.

There's not much game planning defensively for bama, Arkansas or auburn if you're them.

I think it's much easier to correct our deep ball problems than what they have to improve at in order to stop people enough to win games in this year's sec west.

AFDawg
09-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Nick Saban downplays--and rather vehemently--expectations too. That's run of the mill coach speak. You don't want your players getting the big head of other teams getting note board material.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

[Ducks.]

DownwardDawg
09-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Auburn may rush for 500 yards against ole miss. I actually think they'll play Bama a decent game, maybe with 10 points, but Bama will run the ball well against them. I think Arkansas will beat them too with that run game.

Johnson85
09-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Nick Saban downplays--and rather vehemently--expectations too. That's run of the mill coach speak. You don't want your players getting the big head of other teams getting note board material.

[Ducks.]

I don't think this is run of the mill coach speak. He knows their early ranking hasn't done him any favors. He's got a pretty good team, but they're not top 10 and they could quickly turn into a non-top 25 team with a key injury or two. There is going to be a portion of their fan base that will almost certainly be disappointed at the end of the season, even if they perform well and avoid injuries.

If the worst happens, there will be a significant minority of the fan base claiming he can't coach. It won't be "Well, we were always a little overrated, dangerously thin on the O-Line, and undersized on D. We did ok but sometimes flaws like that catch up to you and we did ok considering the ridiculous competition we played." It will be "Freeze took top 10 talent and turned it into a 7 win season. He's just a rich man's Orgeron and we'll have to upgrade our coaching if we want to do any better." I'm sure Freeze is very happy with the progress of the program and would rather be over hyped than get no hype; but it's probably weighing on him in the back of his mind knowing that he doesn't have the talent to match expectations this year.

spiritual_machine2005
09-18-2014, 09:24 AM
I could see their year ending up like our 2012 year. We played weak opponents, jumped up to 13 or something in the BCS rankings. We got there by beating Auburn and Tennessee. Two wins that at the time where huge because no one knew how bad they would be at the end of the year. Who has Ole Miss played? Boise? When they get to the teeth of their schedule, their ranking will tumble.

CadaverDawg
09-18-2014, 09:46 AM
This isn't what Saban does. Saban doesn't tell the Bama fans to temper expectations or that "zee are still ahead of schedule, remember that".

Those saying this is "run of the mill" didn't listen to the interview.

Carry on

MadDawg
09-18-2014, 09:48 AM
You can take this to the bank: When a coach starts saying something like "We don't deserve our ranking" it's because he doesn't believe they will keep that ranking very long.

CadaverDawg
09-18-2014, 09:49 AM
You can take this to the bank: When a coach starts saying something like "We don't deserve our ranking" it's because he doesn't believe they will keep that ranking very long.

Exactly

Bear@Work
09-18-2014, 11:23 AM

Freeze always talks down expectations and talks up past results. Going into a game, he'll have you thinking they'll being doing good to compete. After a win, he'll talk like he beat the Seahawks.

After the Boise State win his first words in the weekly press conference was that it was great to get a win over the NCAA's winning school over the past X years. See..BSU is way down this year, but he'll talk about it like they did something substantial.

Hey, not everyone can win "the most important game in the HISTORY of Mobile Alabama."

SignalToNoise
09-18-2014, 11:25 AM

Under perform and over celebrate: The ole missus way

CousinEddie
09-18-2014, 11:31 AM

[Ducks.]

Now you know you are not allowed to be logical on this board right?

CadaverDawg
09-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Now you know you are not allowed to be logical on this board right?

Don't like it here? Let me give you a hand then as you GTFO.

http://i.imgur.com/7FrWSIM.gif

RougeDawg
09-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Don't like it here? Let me give you a hand then as you GTFO.

http://i.imgur.com/7FrWSIM.gif

Damn. And he had a decent user name too.

CadaverDawg
09-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Damn. And he had a decent user name too.

Well, of his 11 posts about 9 of them were defending Ole Miss. Top that off with bashing the board in his last post, and I had had enough.

RougeDawg
09-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Well, of his 11 posts about 9 of them were defending Ole Miss. Top that off with bashing the board in his last post, and I had had enough.

No, I'm not opposed to the ban. It was warranted. I was talking about the user name being banned now. Unless you can recreate it for a real state fan.