PDA

View Full Version : In preparation of Saturday's game thread

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 05:34 PM
How many of the ED faithful will come unglued in the LSUvsMSU game thread if we start the game with a few 3 and outs? Let's try to chill for at least one quarter this Saturday before we write off the entire team. I'm just as guilty as anyone else, but there's going to be 102,000 people yelling and screaming on Saturday night. If there is a week to prove we have some patience as a fan base, this would be it. So let's give the guys a chance before we start bashing on the game thread this weekend. I have faith we will be in the game till the very end.... it's going to be a battle.

starkvegasdawg
09-17-2014, 05:37 PM
So long as LSU doesn't start the same with two TD's and a FG I will try my best. If we get down two or more scores early it may signal a long night in corn dog land.

messageboardsuperhero
09-17-2014, 05:50 PM
I can make one guarantee about Saturday... If the game starts going downhill and people in the game thread start flipping out (per the usual)- you could very well end up in rollbamaroll's weekly edition of the meltdown.

FlabLoser
09-17-2014, 06:12 PM
How about lets not think about what and how early things can go wrong.

BrunswickDawg
09-17-2014, 06:21 PM
I can make one guarantee about Saturday... If the game starts going downhill and people in the game thread start flipping out (per the usual)- you could very well end up in rollbamaroll's weekly edition of the meltdown.
I'm still shocked we didn't make it after the UAB or USA game. Guess they only read threads from losing teams.

Coach34
09-17-2014, 06:22 PM
We will have many of our Bearshark friends joining us for the game because they are off. I can assure you they will be here stirring the pot

CadaverDawg
09-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I may sit this Saturday out. (Don't all cheer at once)

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 06:24 PM
How about lets not think about what and how early things can go wrong.

We have been a second quarter team so far this year. We have 27 first quarter points in 3 games (7 against USM, 13 against UAB, and 7 against USA). But we have 55 points in the second quarter (21 against USM, 13 against UAB, and 21 against USA). I'm just saying we need to be patient if we don't come out striking.

FlabLoser
09-17-2014, 06:26 PM
17 it I say they're the ones that need to weather our storm.

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2014, 06:31 PM
How many of the ED faithful will come unglued in the LSUvsMSU game thread if we start the game with a few 3 and outs? Let's try to chill for at least one quarter this Saturday before we write off the entire team. I'm just as guilty as anyone else, but there's going to be 102,000 people yelling and screaming on Saturday night. If there is a week to prove we have some patience as a fan base, this would be it. So let's give the guys a chance before we start bashing on the game thread this weekend. I have faith we will be in the game till the very end.... it's going to be a battle.

I could name at least 3-4. But I won't.

I seen it dawg
09-17-2014, 07:15 PM
We will have many of our Bearshark friends joining us for the game because they are off. I can assure you they will be here stirring the pot

Click an ad shitbags.

Bully13
09-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Everything for me will be determined by my control of alcohol intake (or lack thereof) coupled with my bi-polar attitude regarding MSU athletics.

I always start the game prepared for a letdown. If I can maintain that preparedness, and control the alcohol, I may be able to avoid a meltdown if we lose, but I doubt it. My good intentions seem to always go afoul.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Everything for me will be determined by my control of alcohol intake (or lack thereof) coupled with my bi-polar attitude regarding MSU athletics.

I always start the game prepared for a letdown. If I can maintain that preparedness, and control the alcohol, I may be able to avoid a meltdown if we lose, but I doubt it. My good intentions seem to always go afoul.

+1

RossDawg82
09-17-2014, 09:19 PM
I make it a point not to post if we are losing in any sport. If I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say anything at all. I get more enjoyment reading the posts though.