PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the schedule for the year, it is scary how great it could set up.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2014, 11:41 AM
We start off with 3 "preseason" games which gives us a chance to build depth and let people gain experience.

We then go to LSU for a High Profile game that can put us on the map. This is also where Dak can truly kick off a Heisman campaign. LSU is young and still learning.

Week off to heal and game plan for T A&M.

Play A&M at Home, who throws the ball like crazy.

Play AU at Home, who run the ball physically.

Week off to heal from physical game and game plan for an improved UK road trip.

UK on the road.

Ark at home, who run the ball physically.

UT Martin, hopefully let starters rest 2nd half. Hope this isn't a trap game looking ahead to Bama.

Bama on the road, Toughest game of the season.

Vandy at home, hopefully let starters rest 2nd half. Especially if the team has quit on Croom Mason at this point.

UM in Oxford, Last game of the season. No holding anything back.

We really couldn't have set this up any better.

borne
09-17-2014, 03:24 PM
for being in the SEC west, our schedule sets up much easier than any other team within the division. Big things to come

msstate7
09-17-2014, 03:26 PM
I like that we play aTm and OM right after they play arkansas. Ark should have them banged up physically

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 03:54 PM
for being in the SEC west, our schedule sets up much easier than any other team within the division. Big things to come

I'd say us and OM have about the same schedule.... as far as difficulty. They play A&M and LSU away while playing Auburn and Bama at home. We play LSU and Bama away while playing A&M and Auburn at home.

maroonmania
09-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Looking at the schedule for the year, it is scary.

FIFY

Dawghouse
09-17-2014, 04:00 PM
I know people complained about us going on the road to USA but I think it's going to be a blessing, otherwise our first road game would be in death valley at night, and that's not ideal. Hopefully we got some of those stupid false starts out of the way in Mobile and will avoid them in BR.

Johnson85
09-17-2014, 04:27 PM
I'd say us and OM have about the same schedule.... as far as difficulty. They play A&M and LSU away while playing Auburn and Bama at home. We play LSU and Bama away while playing A&M and Auburn at home.

We do have a couple of advantages in scheduling over UM. They get four of the five cupcakes on their schedule up front and also burn one of their bye in that stretch.

Then, they play Bama before A&M. Their defense matches up well against A&M but is going to be beat up from playing Bama the week before. Later, they play LSU before Auburn. Same thing, their defense matches up well against Auburn, but will be beat up a weak after playing a power rushing attack. Then they get us at the end of the season coming off of Arkansas, so they'll have two bruising rushing attacks in a row. On top of that, their second bye is less valuable coming after their last cupcake.

We only played 3 of our 5 cupcakes up front. And while we have a brutal 3-game stretch right now, at least we have a bye after this week. Then we have a bye before the UK and Arkansas stretch, then UT Martin before Bama, and then Vandy before Ole Miss. Our schedule is ridiculously hard, but out of our four toughest games, we have a cupcake/bye before and after two of them, a cupcake/bye before or after the other two. We also have a cupcake before our rivalry game. I'm not sure you could put five top 10 teams on the schedule and arrange it much better.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2014, 04:59 PM
We do have a couple of advantages in scheduling over UM. They get four of the five cupcakes on their schedule up front and also burn one of their bye in that stretch.

Then, they play Bama before A&M. Their defense matches up well against A&M but is going to be beat up from playing Bama the week before. Later, they play LSU before Auburn. Same thing, their defense matches up well against Auburn, but will be beat up a weak after playing a power rushing attack. Then they get us at the end of the season coming off of Arkansas, so they'll have two bruising rushing attacks in a row. On top of that, their second bye is less valuable coming after their last cupcake.

We only played 3 of our 5 cupcakes up front. And while we have a brutal 3-game stretch right now, at least we have a bye after this week. Then we have a bye before the UK and Arkansas stretch, then UT Martin before Bama, and then Vandy before Ole Miss. Our schedule is ridiculously hard, but out of our four toughest games, we have a cupcake/bye before and after two of them, a cupcake/bye before or after the other two. We also have a cupcake before our rivalry game. I'm not sure you could put five top 10 teams on the schedule and arrange it much better.

That was my main point. We actually have either a less physical game or off week before our games against physical teams. Sets up really well.

BulldogBear
09-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Shhhh.... you can't talk about the advantages of our schedule too loudly. The whole world of sports will put an asterik by our whole season.

Coach34
09-17-2014, 05:32 PM
There is no doubt that this year is our chance to do something- we have to make it happen