PDA

View Full Version : 5 Players who must play well to beat LSU

Irondawg
09-17-2014, 11:22 AM
One man's opinion:

1) Dak

This is the gimmee. He has to read defenses well every play. Pick his spots to run and not throw an easy pick by locking onto a receiver. We are gong to have to throw for 200 yards at least I think to win so he's got to find the right 1-1 matchup and deliver strikes.

2) Our DT's

Like us LSU is going to want to run it. While Zach was on fire last year, where we got hut a bunch as well was long runs from in between the tackles. We must plug the running lanes with our DT's. They good enough they'll break some runs, but we need to keep them to 10-15 yards max and really stuff the early down runs to 2-3 yards per carry.

3) Dillon Day

He's got to call a good protection game and help keep us from negative plays. This includes a center false start.

4) Tubby

We are going to ask him to make a few plays and we need him to turn a few 5 yard passes into 15-20 yard gains by making some guys miss.

5) Bear

You can bet we're going to send 1-2 deep early to try and soften their run defense. We need him to simply go up and make a play or two like Landry/Beckham did last year against us. An offensive pass interference is almost a for sure drive killer against LSU

6) Sobiesk

A 35-40 yard field goal or two might very well be the difference in this one.

I look back and realize that's mostly offensive players and I think that's true b/c we're going to need to make plays there. I don't see us winning 17-10. We need to hit 27-30 to have a good chance. I think our D keeps them under 30

messageboardsuperhero
09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
I'd hate to see your scores in basic math.

Irondawg
09-17-2014, 11:49 AM
6, I said 6 guys who must play well.. I added our kicker ( i try to forget they exist ) and the end and forgot to update the count.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2014, 12:48 PM
It's going to take more than 5 playing well, or 6.

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 01:15 PM
JRob is more a necessity than Bear for this game. We have to control the tempo and time of possession f we want to win

Irondawg
09-17-2014, 01:24 PM
I consider JRob our most consistent offensive performer which is why I didn't include him - he just needs to keep doing what he's doing.

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 01:32 PM
I consider JRob our most consistent offensive performer which is why I didn't include him - he just needs to keep doing what he's doing.

Good point.... but we have to establish a running game against LSU to even have a shot. Look what happened to Wisconsin in the second half when they quit running the ball. We have to RTGDF against LSU.

BossDawg
09-17-2014, 02:31 PM
I'd say it's closer to 22 guys that must play well. It makes me sick to think about the same old crap happening Saturday night.

chef dixon
09-17-2014, 03:27 PM
I'd say it's closer to 22 guys that must play well. It makes me sick to think about the same old crap happening Saturday night.

I know man. I get a lot less delusional as the game gets closer.

Alldawg
09-17-2014, 03:35 PM
6, I said 6 guys who must play well.. I added our kicker ( i try to forget they exist ) and the end and forgot to update the count.

You also said " our DT's must play well" That is plural, more than one at least. Since you are off again, go ahead and change it to the 22 players that must play well.

deltadawg99
09-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Dak - obvious reasons
Senior/Warren - first road start for whoever is starting at RT
Bear Wilson - have to get him involved to stretch the field and open up the run
Jay Hughes - we must see better play out of our safeties
Chris Jones - we need a DL in the middle to be disruptive and stop the run

Honarable Mention:
Devon Bell - he has done much better on kickoffs and punts this year
Sobiesk - we are going to have to kick a field goal or two to get a win this weekend