PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was interesting.

chainedup_Dawg
09-17-2014, 10:10 AM
After listening to Out of Bounds this morning, which I may never do again, Bo was talking about how we don't have an elite RB like Wisconsin, Melvin Gordon, or an elite line like their line. I will agree that our line is not one of the greatest in country but who really knows if Wisconsin's is. After all, I found these stats from last week where Wisconsin played Western Illinois;

Gordon had 38 yards on 17 carries against the mighty Leathernecks (a 2.2 ypc avg. with a long of 21). Whereas, against LSU he had 140 yards on 16 carries (8.75 ypc avg. with a long of over 60).

Furthermore, Wisconsin rushed for 268 yards against LSU and only 167 yards against Western Illinois all while carrying the ball 39 times a piece in both games.

I'm not really sure how I feel or think about these stats but thought they were very interesting as you have a stellar rushing game against an SEC team at a neutral site compared with that against a Western Illinois team at home. It's a small sample size and all with WI only playing two games but on the other hand, seems WI may not be as great of a rushing team that Bo and other media members may have you to believe.

archdog
09-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Interesting Stats. Tons of reasons for this though. Like a lower leg injury or something like that. If you take his one long 21 yard run out of the equation, he averaged just over 1 yard per carry. Every game is different though. With that, it is possible for our secondary to pick every deep throw LSU tries. Even with the UAB game against their record. Every game is different.

chainedup_Dawg
09-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Interesting Stats. Tons of reasons for this though. Like a lower leg injury or something like that. If you take his one long 21 yard run out of the equation, he averaged just over 1 yard per carry. Every game is different though. With that, it is possible for our secondary to pick every deep throw LSU tries. Even with the UAB game against their record. Every game is different.

Yeah, I know. Just thought they were interesting. I also saw that through the 1st half he had 8 yards on 9 carries. Which would lead me to believe that his long came after the D of Western started to wear down. Also, the score was 9-3 at half. Wiscy ended up blowing them out, of course, but definitely makes you go "hmm"

maroonmania
09-17-2014, 10:41 AM
After listening to Out of Bounds this morning, which I may never do again, Bo was talking about how we don't have an elite RB like Wisconsin, Melvin Gordon, or an elite line like their line. I will agree that our line is not one of the greatest in country but who really knows if Wisconsin's is. After all, I found these stats from last week where Wisconsin played Western Illinois;

Gordon had 38 yards on 17 carries against the mighty Leathernecks (a 2.2 ypc avg. with a long of 21). Whereas, against LSU he had 140 yards on 16 carries (8.75 ypc avg. with a long of over 60).

Furthermore, Wisconsin rushed for 268 yards against LSU and only 167 yards against Western Illinois all while carrying the ball 39 times a piece in both games.

I'm not really sure how I feel or think about these stats but thought they were very interesting as you have a stellar rushing game against an SEC team at a neutral site compared with that against a Western Illinois team at home. It's a small sample size and all with WI only playing two games but on the other hand, seems WI may not be as great of a rushing team that Bo and other media members may have you to believe.

We actually have 2 very good RBs its just that one also happens to be our QB. JRob is quite capable at the position and I expect him to be a 1,000 yard rusher although I'm not real happy about not having a second RB that can spell JRob without our offense suffering. Currently we don't, and as someone pointed out yesterday, I really wish that Derek Milton had stayed because he would currently be our 2nd best RB and would be getting plenty of carries assuming he would have learned a little better ball security.

Coach34
09-17-2014, 11:02 AM
All JRob has done is average 6 ypc his entire career. He may not be "elite"- but there arent many better

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm just ready for this game to be played. It's become apparent that if MSU has a flaw, it will cost them the game. However, if LSU has a flaw, well..... no one talks about it. We just need to play, win, and give Bo Bounds the middle finger.

EAVdog
09-17-2014, 11:13 AM
The way the local media ignore JRob is beyond coincidence it has to be conspiracy at this point. It's truly astounding.

TrapGame
09-17-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm just ready for this game to be played. It's become apparent that if MSU has a flaw, it will cost them the game. However, if LSU has a flaw, well..... no one talks about it. We just need to play, win, and give Bo Bounds the middle finger.

Then Bo will brag for the rest of the week how he knew in the back of his mind State could really pull it off. He's done shit like that before. But, I'm with ya Shotgun I'm ready for us to play this game and see what happens!

RougeDawg
09-17-2014, 12:07 PM
You know the best way to shut Bo "The Rogue" Douchebounds up? Stop listening to him and supporting his sponsors. They will get the message and put someone on who can accurately talk about more topics than MRA, Jackson Prep and the latest bow tie/sweater fashions. He's a complete moron when it comes to actual sports.

chainedup_Dawg
09-17-2014, 12:21 PM
You know the best way to shut Bo "The Rogue" Douchebounds up? Stop listening to him and supporting his sponsors. They will get the message and put someone on who can accurately talk about more topics than MRA, Jackson Prep and the latest bow tie/sweater fashions. He's a complete moron when it comes to actual sports.

I would love to quit listening to his show. Does anyone know of a local sports talk station that I can stream on a pc while at work? One that covers State?

RougeDawg
09-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I would love to quit listening to his show. Does anyone know of a local sports talk station that I can stream on a pc while at work? One that covers State?

Bulldogs sports radio app is an option.

basedog
09-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Throw the stats out the window, this game is about Dak, as he goes, Msu goes! Lsu knows we are gonna run the ball, if we can't run we want win. We know Lsu is gonna run the ball, if we stop the run I don't see them beating us!

Dak could became a legend Saturday, we shall see! Big time players step up in big games!

chainedup_Dawg
09-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Bulldogs sports radio app is an option.

Can you stream it from a pc?

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Who and where is Bo Bounds? Not that I would listen if I was able. I don't listen to sports radio period.

chainedup_Dawg
09-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Who and where is Bo Bounds? Not that I would listen if I was able. I don't listen to sports radio period.

He is the host of "Out of Bounds" , a sports talk show from Jackson, I believe. I didn't know about him until I clicked on The Zone ad at the top of this board.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Oh good, I don't have to worry about accidentally stumbling on his show then.

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 04:10 PM
LSU's weakness on defense is their DL. The linebackers are solid and have a lot of depth, the DBs are stupid good, and the safeties can hold their own. We are going to have to run the ball 40 times at least. Wisconsin had LSU beat at halftime.... but in the second half, they gave up on the run. If we can convert 3rd downs and RTGDF, we should take this game. I hope we don't get cute and pass the ball 25 times. That could be the reason we lose this game.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2014, 04:36 PM
LSU's weakness on defense is their DL. The linebackers are solid and have a lot of depth, the DBs are stupid good, and the safeties can hold their own. We are going to have to run the ball 40 times at least. Wisconsin had LSU beat at halftime.... but in the second half, they gave up on the run. If we can convert 3rd downs and RTGDF, we should take this game. I hope we don't get cute and pass the ball 25 times. That could be the reason we lose this game.

I agree that we will have to run the ball, but LSU's secondary hasn't been tested in the slightest yet. Wisconsin's problem throwing the ball wasn't entirely because the LSU defense. Had a lot to do with the fact that Wisconsin's QB couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the beach. Dak is obviously better.

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 04:41 PM
I agree that we will have to run the ball, but LSU's secondary hasn't been tested in the slightest yet. Wisconsin's problem throwing the ball wasn't entirely because the LSU defense. Had a lot to do with the fact that Wisconsin's QB couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the beach. Dak is obviously better.

I agree, they haven't been tested. But they also haven't given up a point since the 3rd quarter of the Wisconsin game. Yes, the competition has been poor.... but they have gone 9 quarters without giving up a single point. Sounds to me that their secondary is fairly decent.

Johnson85
09-17-2014, 04:42 PM
The way the local media ignore JRob is beyond coincidence it has to be conspiracy at this point. It's truly astounding.

No conspiracy, they're just ignorant and lazy. If you watched us last year like a fan, it was clear that Robinson was the best RB on our roster and that'd we'd upgrade that position this year, at least as far as 1st string goes. If you watched us casually last year, you would have seen a team that was so lacking in a 2nd string back that we constantly had to pound our 1st string RB up the middle, even though he was 185 lbs and possibly slowed by injury compared to prior years. Had JRob been a true freshman last year, maybe his stats this year would be good enough to make casual fans think he'd made a jump. But as an upperclassman, you'd assume it's just the competition, and this is still the same back that was mediocre enough last year that Perkins was our only option to run between the tackles.

defiantdog
09-17-2014, 04:54 PM
No conspiracy, they're just ignorant and lazy. If you watched us last year like a fan, it was clear that Robinson was the best RB on our roster and that'd we'd upgrade that position this year, at least as far as 1st string goes. If you watched us casually last year, you would have seen a team that was so lacking in a 2nd string back that we constantly had to pound our 1st string RB up the middle, even though he was 185 lbs and possibly slowed by injury compared to prior years. Had JRob been a true freshman last year, maybe his stats this year would be good enough to make casual fans think he'd made a jump. But as an upperclassman, you'd assume it's just the competition, and this is still the same back that was mediocre enough last year that Perkins was our only option to run between the tackles.

We have JRob for one more year.... after he has over 1,000 yards rushing this year (barring no injury), he'll be well known going into next season.