PDA

View Full Version : Ask ED: Fantasy Football......

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Gents, I'm part of a keeper league with a bunch of old college buddies. We've been doing this league about 10 years and everyone has 2 keepers. For a few years now, my keepers have been Megatron and.......AP. In light of the NFL's and Vikings' gutless handling of the AP situation, should I drop AP or try to ride it out?

For the record, our league is pretty deep thanks to an excess of bench spots. There aren't a lot of great options available. I could grab Alfred Blue to handcuff with Arian Foster, or I could grab DeAngelo Williams. Jonathan Stewart is available, too. Full disclosure: I drafted Arian Foster, La'Veon Bell, Knowshon, and Mark Ingram as my other RBs. Had to drop Knowshon, obviously. But I managed to grab Bobby Rainey as his replacement. I'm going to try to ride out Ingram's injury since it's only expected to be about 4 weeks.

jumbo
09-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Does your league have IR spots? He's eligible for IR if so and that would free up a roster spot without having to give him up. If not, I would definitely ride it out for a few weeks to see what happens.

Your RBs are good as is and I wouldn't be looking for another one just because. Rainey should be a solid fill in for a few weeks.

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2014, 09:51 AM
No IR spots, which suuuucks. Otherwise, I'd definitely IR him. Thing is, I don't see this being resolved this season. Baby Mama is apparently stirring drama and I think the prosecutor is out to make a name for himself by trying to convict an NFL star. No way this goes to trial and reaches a verdict in time for AP to be a factor this season. The entire situation is ridiculous.

And to be honest, I definitely would be willing to ride it out had Knowshon not gone down for 6-8 weeks and Ingram missing ~4. With those 2 guys healthy, I could've plugged one in and kept trucking.

RossDawg82
09-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Ride it out

RossDawg82
09-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Pick up Bobby Rainey

Covercorner2
09-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Grab Knile Davis.. Like now. If he's available

Chinchilla
09-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Does your league have IR spots? He's eligible for IR if so and that would free up a roster spot without having to give him up. If not, I would definitely ride it out for a few weeks to see what happens.

Your RBs are good as is and I wouldn't be looking for another one just because. Rainey should be a solid fill in for a few weeks.

Why is AP available for IR when suspended players aren't? That's some BS.

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Grab Knile Davis.. Like now. If he's available

He's been picked up, as has Jeremy Hill. Like I said, my 3 best options at this point look to be Alfred Blue, DeAngelo Williams, or Jonathan Stewart. I did grab Khiry Robinson yesterday to plug in until Ingram is back.

Covercorner2
09-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Gotta ride it out then

maroonmania
09-17-2014, 05:05 PM
delete