PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good SDS article

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 10:50 PM
I guess a broken clock is right twice day. This is actually pretty good work by SDS

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/film-study-miss-state-defense-built-stop-lsus-style-offense/

Bear@Work
09-16-2014, 11:08 PM
You're right, that's actually very well put together and analyzed. He even took the time to make his own videos with diagrams to help prove his points.

Something strange:

In the video of Dak's 30 yard run for a TD...does the WR totally whiff on the "blow up" block at the 15? It looks like he's about to layout the LSU defender and the video kind of skips and the next thing you know, our guy's on the ground and the LSU guy's still standing. Was that Bear Wilson? WTF?

On the other hand, this guy has an article that says the Bears have the best defense the SEC...

JScottDova
09-17-2014, 08:20 AM
On the other hand, this guy has an article that says the Bears have the best defense the SEC...

I read that article. He put some good analysis with it. It is a pretty good scheme. They execute it well. Not sure how it will hold up when they play someone though. I mean Boise IS the winningest program over the last 10 years, and Vandy just beat UMASS (the pride of Eastern Massachusettes), and ULL....well, they're from Louisiana.

rbdog82
09-17-2014, 08:52 AM
In the video of Dak's 30 yard run for a TD...does the WR totally whiff on the "blow up" block at the 15? It looks like he's about to layout the LSU defender and the video kind of skips and the next thing you know, our guy's on the ground and the LSU guy's still standing. Was that Bear Wilson? WTF?

I thought the same thing. I was hoping that was going to be Zach Smith's revenge. Looks like the LSU player just spins off of it though.