PDA

View Full Version : Gene Chizik

preachermatt83
09-16-2014, 10:38 PM
As much as I disliked that clown as a coach, I dislike him even more as an analyst. Its like he has never even watched a game of football.

Bully Dee Williams
09-16-2014, 10:44 PM
He is a bone head. My favorite part is when he is talking about Auburn. Every time he talks about an Auburn player, he almost always ends the sentence with, "I recruited him" or "I saw that talent in him when I was recruiting him." He is trying so hard to seem like a big baller.

Hypnodawg
09-17-2014, 12:18 AM
You can see it in his face every time they talk about Auburn. That no talent twit is pissed he wasn't able to ride Gus's coat tails further.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2014, 06:06 AM
I agree. He is not doing a very good job.

shoeless joe
09-17-2014, 06:49 AM
I have only seen him in there a couple times but I thought he was one of the few that brought substance to that network. He and McElroy were the only two I thought were decent. Again, haven't seen much of him so I may have missed some stupid things he's said.

bluelightstar
09-17-2014, 08:17 AM
I also think he does a decent job, joe.

mjh94
09-17-2014, 08:19 AM
man.. tough crowd around here. i've thought he's been great at what he's doing on the SEC Network. and I agree.. he and McElroy are both great.

I have only seen him in there a couple times but I thought he was one of the few that brought substance to that network. He and McElroy were the only two I thought were decent. Again, haven't seen much of him so I may have missed some stupid things he's said.

LC Dawg
09-17-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm no Chizik fan but after the UAB game he was one of the few that was not blasting us. He said that if you had watched the game you would see that we had a few hiccups but that we were always in control of the game and that there was no doubt we were a good team. I kind of thought that he was making a point that a lot of "experts" comment without actually watching games.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm no Chizik fan but after the UAB game he was one of the few that was not blasting us. He said that if you had watched the game you would see that we had a few hiccups but that we were always in control of the game and that there was no doubt we were a good team. I kind of thought that he was making a point that a lot of "experts" comment without actually watching games.

Well I completely missed that.

archdog
09-17-2014, 08:55 AM

I agree. Not a fan of Head Coach Chizik, but Commentator Chizik is alright. Watching him break down teams is better than the talking heads. Sure he is a homer for Auburn, but based on what I have seen he usually hits the nail on the head when it comes to his commentary. He knows the difference when a team is subbing in the 3rd string freshmen CBs versus the #1s. McElroy and Chizik is doing the best work right now, probably because they actually research their teams prior to discussing something. It looks as if both are actually watching tape on the teams they are talking about. McElroy will calm his demeanor sooner or later and settle in. Once he does, he will be a good commentator.

RougeDawg
09-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I watched him the other night talking about this weeks game in BR, and you could tell he watched us and has studied Dak. He was really high on us walking out of DV with a W. Seems to be the trend of more and more people this week, now that some if the "talking heads" have actually watched our games and observed the preseason approach out staff took in the first 3.

TrapGame
09-17-2014, 09:11 AM
I watched him talk about the UK/FLA game and after he broke it down I thought he actually might be a better coach than Muschamp.

quickstrike2
09-17-2014, 09:15 AM
I think Chizik is pretty decent. It's nice to hear a coach talk about somethings and a former QB like Mcelroy, instead of the guys that have no more qualifications to be doing it that I do. Chizik sometimes seems a little negative towards State, but I am sure that is from Camgate. He probably does like to toot his horn about Auburn and their players he recruited. At the end of the day, he knows that team was run by Gus and so does everybody else. Look at what happened when Gus left and then when Gus got back. However, I do think Chizik has handle in humbly and with class, would be real easy to have sour grapes in that situation.

sandwolf
09-17-2014, 09:29 AM

Agreed. I haven't seen him a ton, but when I have seen him, he has been pretty good.

The Croom Diaries
09-17-2014, 09:59 AM
I think he is good on TV. You can tell he actually watches the games and prepares to analyze rather that just regurgitating talking points.

Dawgface
09-17-2014, 10:10 AM

Agree on both.