PDA

View Full Version : Dak Interview tonight

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 10:25 PM
As fans and supporters of our school, or any school for that matter, we are always biased towards our own players and believe they are the best of the best. We say things like, "he is tough", or "he is a really good kid". I get this, and perhaps I am a little but biased.

However, tonight while watching the below video, it struck me that Dak has something I can't explain. He has an "IT" factor, a professionalism, a calmness that I can't quite put my finger on, but it is omnipresent. This weekend, Dak will play QB in one of the biggest games of his life, yet, in this video, he you would never sense that.

I have a hunch that Dak is a big game QB. One that looks fairly good in average game, but shines in the spot light. There is something about him that I trust. Dak seems to be the guy that you are OK letting drive your daughter to prom, because you trust that he can keep the car between the lines and deliver her in one piece.

I could be going way overboard, but this is what ELITE makeup looks like from a player. Listening to him talk puts me at ease about Saturday night. I wonder what kind of effect he has on our players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s229XPLxEjE

RC3
09-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Great ambassador for the team and university. Already one of my all time favorite dawgs

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Great ambassador for the team and university. Already one of my all time favorite dawgs

No doubt. There's just something about his easiness and confidence that makes you believe that we will win. While we are all worried about this game, it doesn't appear that he is.

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 10:35 PM
love that guy.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Not gonna lie, Shotgun...some of the phrases you use are a wee bit creeptastic. But yes, he is indeed the man.

Bothrops
09-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Dak is the man.

Mjoelner34
09-16-2014, 10:46 PM
"IT" factor, a professionalism, a calmness that I can't quite put my finger on, but it is omnipresent. This weekend, Dak will play QB in one of the biggest games of his life, yet, in this video, he you would never sense that.

Having that "IT" factor makes me think of a story I heard Jerry Rice tell one time. In the Super Bowl against the Bengals, they were down 3 points at their own 8 yard line with only around 3 minutes left to go. He said they huddled up and he could tell everybody was nervous as hell and scared to death. Then all of a sudden Joe Montana pointed to the crowd through the huddle and said "Isn't that Drew Carey?" He said right then he knew they were going to win. THAT is what the "IT" factor is all about.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Not gonna lie, Shotgun...some of the phrases you use are a wee bit creeptastic. But yes, he is indeed the man.

Yeah, I know. I guess if you have to a man crush on someone, Dak isn't a bad option.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I know. I guess if you have to a man crush on someone, Dak isn't a bad option.

Haha

CadaverDawg
09-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Having that "IT" factor makes me think of a story I heard Jerry Rice tell one time. In the Super Bowl against the Bengals, they were down 3 points at their own 8 yard line with only around 3 minutes left to go. He said they huddled up and he could tell everybody was nervous as hell and scared to death. Then all of a sudden Joe Montana pointed to the crowd through the huddle and said "Isn't that Drew Carey?" He said right then he knew they were going to win. THAT is what the "IT" factor is all about.

Awesome story. I believe it was John Candy though....but I may be wrong. Regardless, great story

whosyourdawgy
09-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Yes if Joe had said "is that Drew Carey?" The whole team woulda said who the freak is that?

smootness
09-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Listening to him talk puts me at ease about Saturday night. I wonder what kind of effect he has on our players.

This is the best way to quantify how much Dak means to the team as a whole. There's just something about having him in charge that puts you at ease, I feel the same way. For the first time in my lifetime at least, we have a QB that you have to stop. It isn't about him making something happen to beat you, it's about you having to stop him. If you don't put together a great game plan to stop him, he will beat you, period.

shoeless joe
09-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Big dak fan here...but if he throws some of the passes he did against USA then we'll find ourselves in the same situation as Auburn '11...down 14 before we could blink.

He's gotta play his game. If he does we'll have a very real shot

thf24
09-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Big dak fan here...but if he throws some of the passes he did against USA then we'll find ourselves in the same situation as Auburn '11...down 14 before we could blink.

I'd like to think those passes wouldn't have been made if he'd had the green light to take off at any time. We'll see.

Bully041184
09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Anybody have a clip of it? I wasn't able to catch it.

UMCDawg16
09-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Let's just put it out there, half of us have man-crushes on Dak.(In my wife's words)

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2014, 08:17 AM

He's gotta play his game. If he does we'll have a very real shot

That's the thing. I think he is a big game QB. Focus level goes up

borne
09-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Dak may go down as the greatest Dawg ever

engie
09-17-2014, 08:55 AM
That's the thing. I think he is a big game QB. Focus level goes up

It's already been known to be true that he's a gametime QB for awhile. He's improved as a practice player -- but still isn't great and was pretty bad as recently as last year.